Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

So whats the thinking on letting children out to play? My kids and a few of the neighbours kids kick football in the green across from our house everyday. I let them out today for a couple of hours after their homework. The local village facebook page was awash with people giving out about other people and one big long comment about my kids playing football and how irresponsible the parents must be and even went as far to say that they were putting us all at danger for letting the kids out to play. Now I know this is serious but people need to calm down a little. The amount of rubbish and fake news going around the net and WhatsApp groups is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

niallo27 wrote: »
    What's the advice, stay away from crowds of over a 100.

Or ATM’s in pubs, it’s never a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Pubs could close on Good Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I posted a week back about closing all ports of entry to people. Goods only. Got slated, abused and shot down.
    It will happen yet

It will. As will increasingly draconian measures internally, EG I would expect Italy style lockdown early next week. Even with the Brits still saying it doesn’t work.

The authorities will use their powers under the Health Act 1947. Anyone acting the maggot could well find that the long arm of the law will take the form an armed soldier.

Edit: I’m not expecting this sort of thing though:
    Cw85 wrote: »
    <snip> speculation removed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah I know of some who are continuing to travel on the grounds that they’ll lose money if they don’t. I was talking to someone today who was willing either the airlines or gov to pull the plug so the decision would be removed from her hands and she would be refunded. At least air lingus have decided to remove fees for those who decide to postpone

I’ve got a London trip at Easter so have a vested interest.

If you postpone, do you HAVE to choose a new date immediately? Or can you get, like, credit to your account and make the decision of when you want to go at a later date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

People may be delaying to go to hospital and making themselves sicker. It's unclear at the moment.

I doubt it but if I am wrong and they are truly ill we'll see them coming in to A&E over the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

10 rolls of Cushelle says that is bull****.

That's some Grade A Columbian you got there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nobody cares.

Still doesn't take away from the fact that I was right. Shut it all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

titan18 wrote: »
    To anyone in a pub ATM, you're an absolute assh0le. Grow the fcuk up and follow the advice being given.

They all need to be closed down immediately
    Advice on the LLS was to go have your pint.

I don't disagree with you but just pointing out thats not whats being advised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Pubs in Greystones absolutely packed by all accounts. Sad to see. Selfish action that could literally cost someone more vulnerable their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I know, I didn't mean to judge, but it is unprecedented now looking at the lower numbers on trolleywatch and at a/e.

It is Accident and EMERGENCY. I doubt either of those criteria applied to many self presenters before now. Blue lights excepted.

Look at the post from Ambo man above. Something is not right no matter what in A/E. which knocks on to beds too.

Oh I see where you're coming from. There is a small percentage of people that will go to a hospital at the drop of a hat.

They're staying away at the moment for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Summer2020

What is the f**king point in 90% of us being sensible, keeping 1-2 metres distance, working from home etc etc when we have selfish wan*kers knocking back pints in the local pub. Shut the pubs ffs. St Patrick’s day will be an absolute joke if they don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

So whats the thinking on letting children out to play? My kids and a few of the neighbours kids kick football in the green across from our house everyday. I let them out today for a couple of hours after their homework. The local village facebook page was awash with people giving out about other people and one big long comment about my kids playing football and how irresponsible the parents must be and even went as far to say that they were putting us all at danger for letting the kids out to play. Now I know this is serious bu people need to cal down a little. The amount of rubbish and fake news going around the net and WhatsApp groups is amazing.

The amount of people infected and dying in places like Italy and Spain is NOT fake news kids carry and infect people without even knowing they shouldn’t be out playing . You have to think of the bigger picture !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Only saying what I was told, could well be bull**** as people are saying but given the people I've heard it from I believe it but that's me, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’ve got a London trip at Easter so have a vested interest.

If you postpone, do you HAVE to choose a new date immediately? Or can you get, like, credit to your account and make the decision of when you want to go at a later date?

Not sure now to be honest. I think you have to decide by March 25th to avoid fees. They are engaging with people on their twitter so might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I think they’ll just decide to do a u turn on the schools

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Pubs in Greystones absolutely packed by all accounts. Sad to see. Selfish action that could literally cost someone more vulnerable their life.

There are different types of people out there. The people in the pub are a mix of those who don't care, don't believe and those who are terrified in denial

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

...just a matter of time now before a 6pm curfew kicks in.

Civil unrest on the streets, with armed police & army out & about, taking temperatures & searching people, getting a grip with looting & rioting in Irish town & cities.

^I hope it won't come to this^

The State has to force the closure of pubs if that's what you want.

There is no law being broken by having busy pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

darced wrote:
    I don't disagree with you but just pointing out thats not whats being advised.

Social distancing was advised. Is going into a packed pub social distancing? No, it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

wandererz wrote: »
    BRING BACK DRIVE-INS!!!

Need somewhere to go & something to do!

The drive in cinema in Cork was great while it lasted, could be the time to revive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Summer2020 wrote:
    What is the f**king point in 90% of us being sensible, keeping 1-2 metres distance, working from home etc etc when we have selfish wan*kers knocking back pints in the local pub. Shut the pubs ffs. St Patrick’s day will be an absolute joke if they don’t.

It's definitely more than 10% who aren't being sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭SwordofLight

I hope you're mistaken and chances are it could just be that you're hearing about it all the time and you're paranoid. Before we started staying in the house on Monday, my partner was hyper conscious and kept thinking we might be sick. I thought that after a certain time, we'd be guaranteed to be fine but that time is a long way off according to this Lancet study:
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30566-3/fulltext
    Covid-19 can live in the respiratory tract for 37 days. So it looks like we're not going anywhere for a very long time and many others will have to follow suit.

Have a look on HSE website to see if your symptoms even match. Take your temperature because if you don't have a fever there's a good chance you're fine. You could call your After Hours doctor tonight for some reassurances so that you'll be able to sleep more soundly because if you are feeling run down, rest will be the best thing matter what ails you. There's plenty time tomorrow to look at the internet ;)

Yea but the symptoms depend on your immune system etc, some people report chills, some people report a mild cold, some report fever, everyone's different... It can live in the respiratory tract for 37 days but there's no evidence it leaves your system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ihdxwz4a3pem9j

It is a frightening time for all. But we need to remember, that even in the highest risk groups (incl 80+ year olds), the vast majority of people with the infection will survive. Simple precautions will reduce its spread. Good information is key. Ni neart go cur le cheile (no fadas on my keyboard). Good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Government needs to order the closure of pubs. I've chatted to a few people and seen a number of whats-apps tonight and it's quite clear now that people have gone out en masse to drown their sorrows and forget about the whole thing.

They will wake up tomorrow having potentially affected the rate of infection.

Newsnight saying UK will ban gatherings next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Summer2020

titan18 wrote: »
    It's definitely more than 10% who aren't being sensible.

You’re right. This country really pis*ses me off at times like this. “Ah shur it’ll be grand” attitude. Have family members like this and it is damn infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

To the people addressing their posts to people in pubs.

It’s unlikely they read this thread and there’s literally no chance they’re reading it while in the pub.

Also, I’d be more inclined to blame the establishments who are disregarding the guidelines on social distances and maximum indoor crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

The State has to force the closure of pubs if that's what you want.

There is no law being broken by having busy pubs.

Personal responsibility.

You can live your entire life without breaking a single law and still be regarded as a dickhead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement