Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Shn99 wrote: »
    There are people in ICU tonight, families grieving, 163 families on the island worrying about loved ones with COVID19. Im sure your celebration can wait if needs be

I took it to mean they're not sure they'll survive to get to it. Maybe I took it up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Hurrache wrote: »
    The thing is, only Irish gob****es go out in Temple Bar, we've no excuse as we should know how much of a **** hole it is. Durty fordeners spreading their virus's's's's

Agreed. Most are likely to be tourists. Irish people would not go there.. Down with that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

I miss the 90's life seemed so simple then.

Music was great. Late 80/90's

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, enjoy your downtime until work on Monday. What is the frontline for you?

I am a Nurse .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Hurrache wrote: »
    The thing is, only Irish gob****es go out in Temple Bar, we've no excuse as we should know how much of a **** hole it is. Durty fordeners spreading their virus's's's's

Why? It’s cool to meet people from all over the world having the craic. Much better than sitting in some wannabe pretentious bar with the south Dublin clique. Wouldn’t go often but great for a different type of night when ya wanna see Dublin from a different perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Varadker is actually appearing quiet irrelevant in this nightmare . He really is a hologram.

I think Leo, like Harris, Coveney and everyone else is worried, these are scary times

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Shn99 wrote: »
    There are people in ICU tonight, families grieving, 163 families on the island worrying about loved ones with COVID19. Im sure your celebration can wait if needs be

Jes that's a bit harsh ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I turned 40 today . To go on social media and see those assholes in the pub sickens my **** . I spent the day holed up at home as I will be doing until my shift on the frontline on Monday . People will never ****ing learn. I'm so angry. Stay safe guys x

Happy birthday and thank you xxx.
    I hope you get to celebrate in style when this madness is over. I have a roundy birthday soon and looks like I'll be cancelling the celebrations. Small price to pay. Stay safe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Could there be more deaths on the horizon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

Keplar240B wrote: »
    64 dead and 16538 counted cases by next Saturday by my calculations. Real infection rate 65K. based on the R-0 and exponential function.

Can you show your calculations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

some labour councilor in ballyjamesduff has posted on facebook that they're 3 confirmed cases in Cootehill. I'm not on Facebook can anyone confirm this. Her name is Mary Roche

• Registered Users Posts: 18,890 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ITman88 wrote: »
    I spend a considerable amount of time working in England. We have incredibly different cultures, this may have always been the case though

The English attitude to parents and grandparents seems to be off the wall. Move out as soon as you're an adult and barely never even see them again.

I saw a stat that many millions of English OAPs live alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ITman88 wrote: »
    Fairly certain that would be close to the line even in after hours!!

Serious question. They're not likely to follow any direction regarding this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-salud/salud/2020/03/14/5e6c6fb3fc6c839a2a8b469a.html
    Wife of Spanish priminister tests positive
    This virus sure likes being in the headlines :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Guess I just saw the announcement from Washington that was posted on here. Can't find anything on youtube.

It was on RTE, not sure where else (I assume all news agencies had some stream)... Address from Washington and then back to Dublin for a press conference, went on for a least 1hr.. I lost interest and changed channel at that point anyway.

They had 4-5 people, outlining the restrictions and answering press questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Keplar240B wrote: »
    64 dead and 16538 counted cases by next Saturday by my calculations. Real infection rate 65K. based on the R-0 and exponential function.

Elaborate …. I have a lot of time tonight.

What model are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

Thank you x
    Happy birthday!!!
    I hope by the time mine comes in three months time this will have passed.
    Having a beer at home, I will toast you.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

jos28 wrote: »
    Happy birthday and thank you xxx.
    I hope you get to celebrate in style when this madness is over. I have a roundy birthday soon and looks like I'll be cancelling the celebrations. Small price to pay. Stay safe

Not bothered at all about the celebrating . Just cant fathom how people think it's ok to gather together during this crisis. It's just beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am a Nurse .

Thank You

A big thank you to all on the frontline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I am a Nurse .

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

branie2 wrote: »
    Could there be more deaths on the horizon?

More than likely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

https://foldingathome.org/

Anyone with a computer can contribute some GPU/CPU time to make a tangible contribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Strazdas wrote: »
    The English attitude to parents and grandparents seems to be off the wall. Move out as soon as you're an adult and barely never even see them again.

I saw a stat that many millions of English OAPs live alone.

The amount of second and even third families they have is frightening as well.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is anyone on here brave enough to admit to having Covid19 to answer some questions, AMA with an infected carrier would be helpful

Based on some of the projections in this thread we should have a queue of thread regulars in another week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Hahahaha someone whose been positing all over Facebook looking to be of help to “our nurses” spotted in town on Instagram there. Hahaha.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    some labour councilor in ballyjamesduff has posted on facebook that they're 2 confirmed cases in Cootehill. I'm not on Facebook can anyone confirm this. Her name is Mary Roche

GrAtx64.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Mother Who?

Haven't you been dreaming about the Dark Man like everyone else?

I've not been dreaming about the Dark Man.

But I have been dreaming about Nadine Cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭No Bills

UrbanFret wrote: »
    some labour councilor in ballyjamesduff has posted on facebook that they're 2 confirmed cases in Cootehill. I'm not on Facebook can anyone confirm this. Her name is Mary Roche
    From her Facebook:
    "It has been Confirmed that Three people in Cootehill have tested positive for Covid-19.

The Three people are currently in quarantine at present.

Pubs were asked to close immediately,
    If you have been in a pub in the area its advised that you wash everything with disinfectant.

And take the necessary steps to prevent it from spreading further.

If you have any symptoms phone HSE Live on 1850 241 850."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement