Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

branie2 wrote: »
    Could there be more deaths on the horizon?

I would say yes, I also think there is more confirmed cases than is being revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Shn99 wrote: »
    There are people in ICU tonight, families grieving, 163 families on the island worrying about loved ones with COVID19. Im sure your celebration can wait if needs be
    I could be one of those people in ICU I am trying to look forward to a positive outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Longing

Dr Camphell from the UK. Not holding back on the lack of action from his own country and others. Great listen to leave on in the background. Remember watching this Dr in the New Year saying we are heading for a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

branie2 wrote: »
    Could there be more deaths on the horizon?

Without doubt, and quite a significant amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Was surprised to see my friend who lives in Singapore posting videos of a big street party there. Is the country clear of the virus now or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

Shn99 wrote: »
    There are people in ICU tonight, families grieving, 163 families on the island worrying about loved ones with COVID19. Im sure your celebration can wait if needs be
    You know he/she means they hope to be alive to be 50!?! What the h**

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

With no weddings, funerals and then pubs closing there'll be nowhere left to have a fight.

they'll be used to that, pubs usually close for traveller funerals and weddings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Not so long ago there seemed to be a murder every day in this country. It's been quite a few weeks now. Just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

mloc123 wrote: »
    It was on RTE, not sure where else (I assume all news agencies had some stream)... Address from Washington and then back to Dublin for a press conference, went on for a least 1hr.. I lost interest and changed channel at that point anyway.

They had 4-5 people, outlining the restrictions and answering press questions.

I suppose it's not a good sign that it can't be found easily on youtube, besides I got no sense through this thread of any information on a plan etc.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

UrbanFret wrote: »
    some labour councilor in ballyjamesduff has posted on facebook that they're 3 confirmed cases in Cootehill. I'm not on Facebook can anyone confirm this. Her name is Mary Roche

Hope not, my grannie lives near there and is in her 90's

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

GrAtx64.png

No HSE confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

Do you know, I am more scared of this martial law type lockdown than I am of the virus.
    We are all being asked to isolate separately. At least when there was a war everyone got together, down the bomb shelter, had a sing song and tried to bolster each other along. Now we are even being asked to keep children apart from grandparents and from their pals and neighbours. Isolating people is never healthy. Old people are less afraid of virus than they are of loneliness and being forgotten or isolated

I am a Nurse .

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299d0193f5e03df6d3e616e3ec230a940c1cd17423&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I could be one of those people in ICU I am trying to look forward to a positive outcome.

Are you waiting on Covid19 test result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

they'll be used to that, pubs usually close for traveller funerals and weddings

With people working from home, there will be plenty of clear road for Sulky Racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

GrAtx64.png

Thanks for that. Unforunately she's likely in the know. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

froog wrote: »
    there will be a vaccine. a few different countries have already developed one and they are going through trials. but best case won't available until early 2021.

That's happy talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

cloudatlas wrote: »
    The message from the Irish government has been weak and a partial lockdown, people don't think it's good enough.

This is the start of it. It's to gradually get people onboard with the full lockdown that's coming.

They know they can't do a full lockdown straight off, so this phased approach is how they get people used to the idea of a quarantine.

If you watch the press conferences it's been hinted at a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭KaneToad

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I suppose it's not a good sign that it can't be found easily on youtube, besides I got no sense through this thread of any information on a plan etc.,

Boards.ie is not where you should be looking. Try hse.ie instead. Its very clear on the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Can you show your calculations?

I wouldn't wait for them, his estimates for today were only high by about 900%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Elaborate …. I have a lot of time tonight.

What model are you using?

Called the Doomsday Modelling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Happy birthday god. Hope you have a good and safe one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Knowing my luck I'll be Harold Lauder.

Be part of the 0.6% that survives and STILL get friendzoned...

He still gets to fool around a little with Nadine though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Let's not forget thousands came back from Cheltenham yesterday and today so we can look forward to a HUGE increase in around 7 days or more

Mother Who?

Haven't you been dreaming about the Dark Man like everyone else?

Strawberry’s are too sweet for the dark side ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Housing and homeless crises seem to be a world away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

So all the videos we saw from Wuhan back in January, February they were driving around spraying streets, buildings etc with some sort of disinfectant or chemical; not seeing that from Italy or Spain - yet. We're china just doing it to make it look like they were doing something to combat the issue? Or is that something we'll see happening in Italy, Spain, eventually Ireland (though we can barely even grit the roads most of the time....)?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,890 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The eejits in Temple Bar have made it a certainty that pubs will be closed on St Patrick's Day.

We obviously have a subset of alcos and drunks who are incapable of following government guidelines, not even during a global pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

Let’s say we do go in to lockdown.

How does it work with getting your provisions from a shop.

How is it decided who goes to the shop and when etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Just another thought..

If you get tested negative, you can still catch the bleeding thing, unless you have had it and have antibodies.

Can they test for antibodies?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement