Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

juno10353 wrote: »
    Do you know, I am more scared of this martial law type lockdown than I am of the virus.

Well good, because that's not what's happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

daheff wrote: »
    This is the start of it. It's to gradually get people onboard with the full lockdown that's coming.

They know they can't do a full lockdown straight off, so this phased approach is how they get people used to the idea of a quarantine.

If you watch the press conferences it's been hinted at a few times.

Every country is doing that even the much maligned U.K. will do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

holyhead wrote: »
    Just listening to BBC5 Live. If the UK Govt continue their current strategy of herd infection then a scientist on the show predicts conservatively 70'000 deaths plus a collapse of the NHS. He foresees a scenario where treatment will be on the basis of expected likelihood of survival. Scary

Somewhat ironic, the vast majority of the 70k will be elderly folk who voted to leave the EU because they wanted the UK back to those good ol days when it was for the british folk only. How Boris is repaying them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Morrissey - Spent the Day in Bed.

Stop watching the news
    Because the news contrives to frighten you
    To make you feel small and alone
    To make you feel that your mind isn't your own…

• Registered Users Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not so long ago there seemed to be a murder every day in this country. It's been quite a few weeks now. Just an observation.

Didn't last long Someone got shot about 20 minutes ago in Finglas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I am a Nurse .

Definately enjoy your birthday. Stay safe and healthy.

Hoefully we all can play a part in making your job easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Strazdas wrote: »
    The eejits in Temple Bar have made it a certainty that pubs will be closed on St Patrick's Day.

We obviously have a subset of alcos and drunks who are incapable of following government guidelines, not even during a global pandemic.

The unemployment rate is about to rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

The eejits in Temple Bar have made it a certainty that pubs will be closed on St Patrick's Day.

We obviously have a subset of alcos and drunks who are incapable of following government guidelines, not even during a global pandemic.

But what about the ‘craic’
    Twas only 90. Some craic. Pints. Banter.

Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Longing wrote: »
    Dr Camphell from the UK. Not holding back on the lack of action from his own country and others. Great listen to leave on in the background. Remember watching this Dr in the New Year saying we are heading for a pandemic.

I think he’s great. Also been watching since early January.

Whenever I’m telling people about him I feel like I sound like the kid in Indiana Jones ..

“Doctor John’s very good”....

live-longer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

gigantic09 wrote: »
    Jes that's a bit harsh ffs
    Thanks I was diagnosed with an incurable cancer and last Halloween I had my last treatment. My birthday falls 2 days before the first anniversary of my treatment ending and I was hoping to be able to celebrate it in some way. My cancer will come back and I hope not while this virus is still doing the rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

The English attitude to parents and grandparents seems to be off the wall. Move out as soon as you're an adult and barely never even see them again.

I saw a stat that many millions of English OAPs live alone.

Yes I always used to be bemused by people who said the Irish and English are basically the same kind of people. As someone born and bred in England with Irish parents, totally different cultures in so many ways. Not least importance of family and community for Irish (even if it's changed over time). More similarity with the Italians in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

More likely just young and ignorant not following the news and don't care. Should all be named and shamed IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Let's not forget thousands came back from Cheltenham yesterday and today so we can look forward to a HUGE increase in around 7 days or more

There was also 75000 in Old Trafford and 60000 in Anfield this week, no complaints over that

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Elaborate …. I have a lot of time tonight.

What model are you using?
    I make it 341 by 19th March applying an constant exponent of 1.275 to preceding days cases, from a start date of Feb. 24th. Resulting curve is a good fit though based on inadequate data points.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

wakka12 wrote: »
    Was surprised to see my friend who lives in Singapore posting videos of a big street party there. Is the country clear of the virus now or?

Very interesting response to the virus.
    Very similar country to Ireland, they didn’t shut schools or business but as far as I know they restricted travel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

In the meanwhile in Temple Bar ...

https://twitter.com/tiananmens/status/1238893141341724673?s=21

This makes me seriously angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Why? It’s cool to meet people from all over the world having the craic. Much better than sitting in some wannabe pretentious bar with the south Dublin clique. Wouldn’t go often but great for a different type of night when ya wanna see Dublin from a different perspective.

Its cheaper and better to go on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Just another thought..

If you get tested negative, you can still catch the bleeding thing, unless you have had it and have antibodies.

Can they test for antibodies?

You don't get a negative test - you are either positive or not positive (undetectable)
    I assume the HSE are doing follow up testing - anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Leo, like Harris, Coveney and everyone else is worried, these are scary times

Yeah, Leo looked really worried over in DC. So worried in fact that he couldn't even stay in the country to announce the closure of schools and large parts of the country.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm in the pub sef medicating.

Am I doing this right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Downlinz

juno10353 wrote: »
    Do you know, I am more scared of this martial law type lockdown than I am of the virus.
    We are all being asked to isolate separately. At least when there was a war everyone got together, down the bomb shelter, had a sing song and tried to bolster each other along. Now we are even being asked to keep children apart from grandparents and from their pals and neighbours. Isolating people is never healthy virus or no virus.
    Haha. I know you are a bit of hermit but you also have big heart. Old people are less afraid of virus than they are of loneliness and being forgotten or isolated

Only those with symptoms are being asked to isolate separately. Everyone else is just being asked to avoid crowds and stick with their family.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

kenmc wrote: »
    So all the videos we saw from Wuhan back in January, February they were driving around spraying streets, buildings etc with some sort of disinfectant or chemical; not seeing that from Italy or Spain - yet. We're china just doing it to make it look like they were doing something to combat the issue? Or is that something we'll see happening in Italy, Spain, eventually Ireland (though we can barely even grit the roads most of the time....)?

saw a clip on bbc news earlier where they were spraying the streets in italy

Trump test Negative ... I call BS

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can we have a media blackout on sharing those dopes in Temple Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm in the pub sef medicating.

Am I doing this right?

Guinness I hope ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Are the British being more pragmatic?

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

GrAtx64.png

I wonder are these the three cases in the 'Northwest'? I wouldn't normally describe Cavan that way but I don't know what other category you'd put it in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

wakka12 wrote: »
    https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-salud/salud/2020/03/14/5e6c6fb3fc6c839a2a8b469a.html
    Wife of Spanish priminister tests positive
    This virus sure likes being in the headlines :)
    Politicians and movie stars can afford to be tested. If you are young you are usually not approved for testing, seems to be the same situation in all countries.
    Maybe means more people infected and they do know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Thanks I was diagnosed with an incurable cancer and last Halloween I had my last treatment. My birthday falls 2 days before the first anniversary of my treatment ending and I was hoping to be able to celebrate it in some way. My cancer will come back and I hope not while this virus is still doing the rounds.

Wishing you happiness and health ! Hope you get to celebrate it exactly how you would have planned too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement