Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

Have we come across this ? 'Feline infectious peritonitis (FIP) is a viral disease of cats caused by certain strains of a virus called the feline coronavirus"

Apparently they treat cats with the new drug they are using to treat covid-19

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrMattMcCarthy/status/1238939403206221824

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

So if someone thinks they have symptons of the virus what is the present procedure advised?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Downlinz

obi604 wrote: »
    Let’s say we do go in to lockdown.

How does it work with getting your provisions from a shop.

How is it decided who goes to the shop and when etc

It won't be that ordered. There'll be gardai outside each supermarket and everyone will stand a safe distance apart in a queue in the car park until they're ushered in.

e264061d2ac442539b6f783ce6f7ae4a_18.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Thanks I was diagnosed with an incurable cancer and last Halloween I had my last treatment. My birthday falls 2 days before the first anniversary of my treatment ending and I was hoping to be able to celebrate it in some way. My cancer will come back and I hope not while this virus is still doing the rounds.

Sorry!
    The comment by the other poster pathetic. Hope thing's work out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I find it really hard to believe that Trump tested negative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Faugheen wrote: »
    It’s not even alcos and drunks.

You can guarantee most of them are entitled pricks who don’t like being told by the gubberment what they can and can’t do.

‘If I want a pint I’ll go have a pint’ etc.

No self respecting drinker would go near those pubs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

This is a good visual of how a virus spreads in the community and what measure work

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I wonder are these the three cases in the 'Northwest'? I wouldn't normally describe Cavan that way but I don't know what other category you'd put it in...
    It is classed as the northwest. Its high time we knew exactly where these cases are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Shn99 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. I do apologise for what I said, didnt mean for it to cause upset. Just annoyed myself about people on social media out celebrating ect when there are people in hospitals with this disease. Shouldnt have allowed that to come across in what I was saying
    Apology accepted and if my birthday was in the next 2-4 months I would not have posted what I did. I want something to look forward to later in the year. I am seeing my Haemotologist on Thursday week for my first post treatment checkup and I hope its good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

No I have a compromised immune system thanks to my incurable cancer and if I catch Covid I will be in ICU.

The story behind the keyboard.

Wishing you a happy birthday, and all the best for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

BOOM! Stable genius. Healthy as a horse.

THE DON.

The good news is, he has been so bad at taking the necessary measures, he's still likely to get it and it'll probably kill him!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No I have a compromised immune system thanks to my incurable cancer and if I catch Covid I will be in ICU.

Take Care, I would say try not to think about it but it is all anyone is thinking about :o:( , Stay Strong

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So if someone thinks they have symptons of the virus what is the present procedure advised?

Call your doctor, else HSE/HSELive online else 112/999 as a last measure - but the doc is the first port of call

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Singapore is a truly exceptional case, they have digitized data on virtually everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Think it was an IQ test

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Cavan is North East not North West

• Registered Users Posts: 18,890 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Contact your GP by phone to notify them and self isolate immediately.

Don't go to A & E......await instructions from your GP,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

https://twitter.com/HirokoTabuchi/status/1238959717088624648

CDC and WHO need to be re-evaluated in terms of their supposed authoritative competence. They are almost a a liability.
    CDC officials have said while it's clear asymptomatic spread does happen, it doesn’t appear to be the driver of the outbreak. CDC website says asymptomatic transmission "is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads."

But Dr. Ciesek asks: “Why are they so sure of this?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Musefan wrote: »
    Cavan is North East not North West

The three are part of a group of 30 that went to Newcastle last weekend on a stag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭maebee

Tiddles_1 wrote: »
    Trump test Negative ... I call BS

Donald Trump tests negative. Full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

PsychoPete wrote: »
    There was also 75000 in Old Trafford and 60000 in Anfield this week, no complaints over that

There were a lot more Irish in Cheltenham over a 4 day festival than at Anfield or Old Trafford.

Football cancelled games from Thursday. But British horseracing wouldn't cancel it's Thursday and Friday races.

Cheltenham went ahead because of money and a privileged clique. It will be difficult to close pubs, though it will be done, as they are a powerful lobby.

Much easier to close schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Sorry!
    The comment by the other poster pathetic. Hope thing's work out for you!

Have apologised to them both on this and in private

• Registered Users Posts: 16,354 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Even viruses want nothing to do with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Doesn't matter, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

If he has it that's it, but if he's hiding it he is infecting others. Expect a quarantine in the White House soon "as a precaution", and Pence will take the reins, and suffer the fallout too. Why he doesn't just resign now (Pence I mean), is beyond me.

And as for the nodding donkeys behind Trump at pressers, Scarleh for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,890 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Naggdefy wrote: »
    There were a lot more Irish in Cheltenham over a 4 day festival than at Anfield or Old Trafford.

Football cancelled games from Thursday. But British horseracing wouldn't cancel it's Thursday and Friday races.

Cheltenham went ahead because of money and a privileged clique. It will be difficult to close pubs, though it will be done, as they are a powerful lobby.

Much easier to close schools.

Those clips this evening ruined it for the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Call you local GP or Southdoc or has the HSE and/or Dept of Health an emergency 24 hour free phone contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Christy42

Who knows. He took the test at the same time his doctor tweeted he didn't need one which seems odd. Anyway it isn't something I would wish on anyone. The US is likely in a lot of trouble though.

Was this the same doctor who says he tested negative? I am pretty sure he has moved on from doctor that allowed him to write his own medical report at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Temple Bar right now. Shut the bloody pubs.

Untitled.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

bekker wrote: »
    Singapore is a truly exceptional case, they have digitized data on virtually everything.

It's a borderline police state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement