Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

I can't believe the Trump haters are still hating even as we come to the end of the World...let it go,. Just let it go it's over it's all over.....

Trump Rocks
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

cnocbui wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/HirokoTabuchi/status/1238959717088624648

CDC and WHO need to be re-evaluated in terms of their supposed authoritative competence. They are almost a a liability.
    WHO can only be as good as the data provided to them by individual countries. They have been warning of asymptomatic spread for some time, quoting about 10% if I recollect correctly.

Their budget has been reduced in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Musefan wrote: »
    Cavan is North East not North West

But haven't there been cases in Meath that have been described as 'East'? I haven't heard 'North East' used in this context yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,351 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's a borderline police state.

Still, you don't see anyone fleeing the oppression of Singers, looking for asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Downlinz wrote: »
    It won't be that ordered. There'll be gardai outside each supermarket and everyone will stand a safe distance apart in a queue in the car park until they're ushered in.
    what a naive thinking, gardai cant handle underage kids let alone adults, and what about people that work in supermakets, some staff getting hysteric and dont want to work, theres tons of factories bakeries etc that have 100s people that are needed and most work in close quarters, if you think half is needed and law will sort it out your delirious, few stated here they are at risk i get that and imagine they do take precautions, elderly would be second priority but rest will ride it out, UK will be good example to have not skewed statisctics on this - as causing disruption and hysteria on something that cant be seen nor tested properly, 3-4 or 10 months wont make it go away.

instead of focusing on stupid pubs and restaurants gov should empty their pockets equipment doesnt cost much neither double pay for workers, some say no space yet we have plenty of offices arenas that could be turned into proper quaratine zones for those critical, as fending of for few weeks and ten rinsing and repeating sounds insane then odd person getting infected at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The three are part of a group of 30 that went to Newcastle last weekend on a stag

So by that logic, we can expect 1,500 imported cases from Cheltenham.

Marvellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

LRNM wrote: »
    We have a family dinner planned for Monday. 8 people. Two of them over 60.

Would you go?

Of course not.

Maybe remind the older would-be attendees that when we run short of ventilators the first group likely to be excluded from access to them is the over 60s.

ITman88 wrote: »
    The Anfield match was worse than Cheltenham. At least Cheltenham has some chance for separation of attendees, the away fans at Anfield came from Madrid and crammed into stands side by side.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5rmrKkMBo6E42T2c9

If it doesn't work do an image search for Cheltenham and see how incorrect your above statement is regarding separation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

I find it really hard to believe that Trump tested negative.

You won't see that fcuker for a month. He looked like sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This post is doing the rounds in Cork. I don't know is it national or local or true!

Red Cross has advised that there are some people who’re going to old people houses saying they belong to Red Cross offering to do the test for the virus and or they charge them for the test or they just Rob them. Red Cross is not doing any test at home. Pls try To share this msg so that we can stop such a desplicable people!!! Time to Slap these ppl. Look out for your Elderly Neighbours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

The three are part of a group of 30 that went to Newcastle last weekend on a stag

This was just a comment on a Facebook post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Everyone is rightly saying the idiots in temple bar tonight etc.

But the pubs that are open (bad enough) and allowing jam packed crowds (criminally negligent) deserve more scorn. People wouldn't be there if they weren't open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

For anyone wondering about army involvement in the current situation - this was their official position, last thursday.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/DefenceForces/

Defence Forces Preparedness Statement
    ÓGLAIGH NA HÉIREANN / IRISH DEFENCE FORCES·THURSDAY, MARCH 12, 2020·READING TIME: 1 MINUTEPublic

The Defence Forces confirms that we have notified our personnel of the impending change to our force posture and all non-essential activities have been suspended. Our focus now is to maximise our preparedness to respond to requests for assistance from the Civil Authorities.
    Protecting our personnel is our priority and is key to maintaining our capability to provide support to communities and civil authorities, when requested.
    For operational security reasons, we will not comment on specific dispositions of troops or on internal unit procedures at this time.
    For specific queries related to COVID-19 we refer you to the Health Service Executive.

ENDS

They are ready and waiting to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Anyone see this?

David Carretta (@davcarretta) Tweeted:
    Bergamo daily newspaper https://t.co/N3ECABz8dr https://twitter.com/davcarretta/status/1238791068071661568?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

So can we all wear masks now... seriously every time I mention it some ejit tells me no no no blah blah blah... An acquaintance actually told me they're no good shir you can get the virus in through your eyes....eyyyy like I know so if you all wear masks I won't get it into my eyes because it's in your mask.....

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

But haven't there been cases in Meath that have been described as 'East'? I haven't heard 'North East' used in this context yet.

As per HSE regional map, Cavan is the North East.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Shn99 wrote: »
    Have apologised to them both on this and in private

Thsts decent of you. You were not to know their health. My pathetoc comment was not about that. Eeryone is allowed look forward or enjoy a birthday, in good or bad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Tiddles_1 wrote: »
    Have we come across this ? 'Feline infectious peritonitis (FIP) is a viral disease of cats caused by certain strains of a virus called the feline coronavirus"

Apparently they treat cats with the new drug they are using to treat covid-19

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrMattMcCarthy/status/1238939403206221824

... the kitten was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Going to flightradar24 and zooming out is very depressing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I find it really hard to believe that Trump tested negative.
    You can fail once, and still have it because some people have only tested positive after at least 2 plus tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Interesting first hand Account on the Symptoms and Effects of the virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

cnocbui wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/HirokoTabuchi/status/1238959717088624648

CDC and WHO need to be re-evaluated in terms of their supposed authoritative competence. They are almost a a liability.

Even more of a reason to go mad about the ****tards in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

The story behind the keyboard.

Wishing you a happy birthday, and all the best for the future.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This post is doing the rounds in Cork. I don't know is it national or local or true!

Red Cross has advised that there are some people who’re going to old people houses saying they belong to Red Cross offering to do the test for the virus and or they charge them for the test or they just Rob them. Red Cross is not doing any test at home. Pls try To share this msg so that we can stop such a desplicable people!!! Time to Slap these ppl. Look out for your Elderly Neighbours

If this is true then that's who you should be directing your anger at, not some gob****es in a bar
    Some despicable people on this planet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Ger Roe wrote: »
    For anyone wondering about army involvement in the current situation - this was their official position, last thursday.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/DefenceForces/

Defence Forces Preparedness Statement
    ÓGLAIGH NA HÉIREANN / IRISH DEFENCE FORCES·THURSDAY, MARCH 12, 2020·READING TIME: 1 MINUTEPublic

The Defence Forces confirms that we have notified our personnel of the impending change to our force posture and all non-essential activities have been suspended. Our focus now is to maximise our preparedness to respond to requests for assistance from the Civil Authorities.
    Protecting our personnel is our priority and is key to maintaining our capability to provide support to communities and civil authorities, when requested.
    For operational security reasons, we will not comment on specific dispositions of troops or on internal unit procedures at this time.
    For specific queries related to COVID-19 we refer you to the Health Service Executive.

ENDS

They are ready and waiting to help.

I have heard , however true it is that they are building army tents for the sick in Wicklow and Dublin as they dont think they will have enough hospital beds .

Again could be BS

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

It's a borderline police state.
    True, but if you apply for an alteration to your premises they can pull up a 3D representation of plans, boundaries, and services. Decisions are very, very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Even more of a reason to go mad about the ****tards in Temple Bar.

Is it reasonable to accuse people who are going to pubs and restaurants of being selfish?! The only way they'd be putting the lives of others in danger is if they were in close contact with elderly people and those younger people who have serious health problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Everyone is rightly saying the idiots in temple bar tonight etc.

But the pubs that are open (bad enough) and allowing jam packed crowds (criminally negligent) deserve more scorn. People wouldn't be there if they weren't open.

Agreed to some extend but I’d blame the government more that pub owners. Pub owners are running a business and if they aren’t told there are restrictions i can see how they want to keep the business running. The decision to close them should come from the government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

josip wrote: »
    How many ventilators do we have in Ireland?
    Is it 260 odd, the same number as ICU beds or is it more/less?
    How many ECMOs do we have?
    And are there enough trained staff to operate these or more if we got them?

More. Every operating theatre has one. In a pinch we could close to double ICU beds with available equipment in the country, between theatres and private hospitals.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement