Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Even more of a reason to go mad about the ****tards in Temple Bar.

Multiply temple bar by the 2000 pubs across Ireland tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

No Bills wrote: »
    From her Facebook:
    "It has been Confirmed that Three people in Cootehill have tested positive for Covid-19.

The Three people are currently in quarantine at present.

Pubs were asked to close immediately,
    If you have been in a pub in the area its advised that you wash everything with disinfectant.

And take the necessary steps to prevent it from spreading further.

If you have any symptoms phone HSE Live on 1850 241 850."

Confirmed by who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Musefan wrote: »
    Cavan is North East not North West

That's correct if we are going by the old health board districts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Sorry!
    The comment by the other poster pathetic. Hope thing's work out for you!
    Thanks, its all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Bob24 wrote: »
    Agreed to some extend but I’d blame the government more that pub owners. Pub owners are running a business and if they aren’t told there are restrictions i can see how they want to keep the business running. The decision to close them should come from the government.

Some of them have elderly relatives who depend on them. If their businesses are shut down then how will they be able to get food and medicine for their elderly relatives and other relatives who have serious underlying health problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Downlinz wrote: »
    It won't be that ordered. There'll be gardai outside each supermarket and everyone will stand a safe distance apart in a queue in the car park until they're ushered in.

e264061d2ac442539b6f783ce6f7ae4a_18.jpg

Ah god I’m not looking forward to this in the pissing fcuking rain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

ShaneU wrote: »
    Temple Bar right now. Shut the bloody pubs.

Untitled.png

I live in Offaly and many of the pubs are closing their doors tonight or already closed until further notice.

Bressie posted on Twitter earlier that the pubs in Mullingar were all closed or are closing tonight.

It's getting scary now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,351 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

fritzelly wrote: »
    If this is true then that's who you should be directing your anger at, not some gob****es in a bar
    Some despicable people on this planet

You must be an alco or you must own a pub with the defending and deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

cnocbui wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/HirokoTabuchi/status/1238959717088624648

CDC and WHO need to be re-evaluated in terms of their supposed authoritative competence. They are almost a a liability.

But even if that was correct, the wash your hands and social distancing advice still applies.

It's effectively saying that every person you come in contact with might have the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Some of them have elderly relatives who depend on them. If their businesses are shut down then how will they be able to get food and medicine for their elderly relatives and other relatives who have serious underlying health problems?

What about creche owners so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

Is it reasonable to accuse people who are going to pubs and restaurants of being selfish?! The only way they'd be putting the lives of others in danger is if they were in close contact with elderly people and those younger people who have serious health problems.

They could pass on the virus to someone else who may be in contact with elderly people. This is fairly basic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Hurrache wrote: »
    Confirmed by who?

Doesn't matter, probably part of today's figures and the location just being released leaked
    Really don't see the point of announcing these things to the world as if it's new cases

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Strazdas wrote: »
    Those clips this evening ruined it for the pubs.

Of course it didn't. If not tonight then Paddys day. The idea that people with literally nothing else to do or nothing to be home early to prepare for were going to go to a bar and sit distantly and cautiously was always naive beyond belief.

I'm surprised it didn't look messier and more like the last days of the Roman empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

skimpydoo wrote: »
    You can fail once, and still have it because some people have only tested positive after at least 2 plus tests.

Correct. There was even a story of a patient in China who had strong symptoms and the test came out negative 4 times - but doctors still kept him as a covid 19 patient as they felt it was really it. And the fifth time they tested him it did come out positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

Downlinz wrote: »
    Only those with symptoms are being asked to isolate separately. Everyone else is just being asked to avoid crowds and stick with their family.

Italy in lockdown. Spain and Cansry islands in full lockdown from Monday. France going into lockdown this minute. Germany will most likely be next and Ireland in next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

spookwoman wrote: »
    Now I'm no fan of that thing, but I thought he said "If it wasn't, I wouldn't have been here" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hurrache wrote: »
    Confirmed by who?

facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Is it reasonable to accuse people who are going to pubs and restaurants of being selfish?! The only way they'd be putting the lives of others in danger is if they were in close contact with elderly people and those younger people who have serious health problems.

So you think it's okay for young healthy people to contract the virus as long as they try not to go near any old or sick people?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    That's not what he says though?

Probably what he was thinking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

cf Virus Shedding times

Clinical course and risk factors for mortality of adultinpatients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a retrospective cohort study
    Fei Zhou*, Ting Yu*, Ronghui Du*, Guohui Fan*, Ying Liu*, Zhibo Liu*, Jie Xiang*, Yeming Wang, Bin Song, Xiaoying Gu, Lulu Guan, Yuan Wei,
    Hui Li, Xudong Wu, Jiuyang Xu, Shengjin Tu, Yi Zhang, Hua Chen, Bin Cao
    Summary
    Background Since December, 2019, Wuhan, China, has experienced an outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019
    (COVID-19), caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Epidemiological and
    clinical characteristics of patients with COVID-19 have been reported but risk factors for mortality and a detailed
    clinical course of illness, including viral shedding, have not been well described.
    Methods In this retrospective, multicentre cohort study, we included all adult inpatients (≥18 years old) with laboratoryconfirmed COVID-19 from Jinyintan Hospital and Wuhan Pulmonary Hospital (Wuhan, China) who had been
    discharged or had died by Jan 31, 2020. Demographic, clinical, treatment, and laboratory data, including serial
    samples for viral RNA detection, were extracted from electronic medical records and compared between survivors
    and non-survivors. We used univariable and multivariable logistic regression methods to explore the risk factors
    associated with in-hospital death.
    Findings 191 patients (135 from Jinyintan Hospital and 56 from Wuhan Pulmonary Hospital) were included in this
    study, of whom 137 were discharged and 54 died in hospital. 91 (48%) patients had a comorbidity, with hypertension
    being the most common (58 [30%] patients), followed by diabetes (36 [19%] patients) and coronary heart disease
    (15 [8%] patients). Multivariable regression showed increasing odds of in-hospital death associated with older age
    (odds ratio 1·10, 95% CI 1·03–1·17, per year increase; p=0·0043), higher Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA)
    score (5·65, 2·61–12·23; p<0·0001), and d-dimer greater than 1 µg/mL (18·42, 2·64–128·55; p=0·0033) on admission.
    Median duration of viral shedding was 20·0 days (IQR 17·0–24·0) in survivors, but SARS-CoV-2 was detectable until
    death in non-survivors. The longest observed duration of viral shedding in survivors was 37 days.
    Interpretation The potential risk factors of older age, high SOFA score, and d-dimer greater than 1 µg/mL could help
    clinicians to identify patients with poor prognosis at an early stage. Prolonged viral shedding provides the rationale
    for a strategy of isolation of infected patients and optimal antiviral interventions in the future.

source The Lancet (emphasis added)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

juno10353 wrote: »
    Italy in lockdown. Spain and Cansry islands in full lockdown from Monday. France going into lockdown this minute. Germany will most likely be next and Ireland in next few days.

Ok Canary Islands in full lockdown from Monday surely I have to get a refund for my flights and hotel due to travel on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I live in Offaly and many of the pubs are closing their doors tonight or already closed until further notice.

Bressie posted on Twitter earlier that the pubs in Mullingar were all closed or are closing tonight.

It's getting scary now.

Pubs closing isn't scary.
    The reports some of us are hearing from ICUs in Italy and now even the Mater are scary.

The imminent lockdown / restriction measures should be welcomed by any sane person.
    This will be great news if we want to save lives as best we can.
    I'm not saying it won't be easy, but it has to do done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Everyone is rightly saying the idiots in temple bar tonight etc.

But the pubs that are open (bad enough) and allowing jam packed crowds (criminally negligent) deserve more scorn. People wouldn't be there if they weren't open.
    People shouldn't be there full stop. If people are not going to restaurants why are they going to pubs?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

spookwoman wrote: »
    Probably what he was thinking :)

Ah here. I'm not fan of his but we are reaching now :)

And good news if true that he doesn't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

The FIRST thing the government needs to do next week is order all pubs / restaurants to close from 6pm at a minimum.

Congrats general public. You thick as **** gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Is anyone else struggling with people who think they're overreacting?

It seems most people on Ireland have a fair amount of cop on and are being very cautious and sensible, and the government have done a good job at shutting lots of stuff down.

I'm over in the UK at the minute and it's mostly business at usual. All the hand gel and toilet paper sold out, yet pubs are busy, restaurants are busy, trains packed.

I'm avoiding being inside anywhere I don't need to be, including supermarkets, and some people here are mocking me and telling me I'm insane. I had a friend come round for a glass of wine and asked him to wash his hands for 20 seconds when he arrived (because he showed no sign of going to do it, and started touching the bottle and other stuff in the kitchen) and he went mental at me and stormed out.

Am I being totally paranoid here? I feel like I'm on another planet compared to the people around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

UrbanFret wrote: »
    That's correct if we are going by the old health board districts.

So no one knows what exactly the HSE means by the 'North West'.

Jebus wept, when Met Eireann give a weather forecast... it's not a state secret where Malin Head or Roches Point are located.

The HSE should stop this cloak and dagger bullcrap and tell us exactly the town and county where the greatest danger is located.

It might even keep the headbangers out of the pubs in those towns !

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Is fair workers will face financial problems,unpaid leaves,losing of jobs...and those ones on the dole that doesn't want to work zero problems
    Crap of system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You must be an alco or you must own a pub with the defending and deflection.

Very big of you to insult someone you don't know as being an alco, go back to your fervent ranting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement