Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

UrbanFret wrote: »
    I'm told the post has been taken down. Can anyone confirm Please?

pUxoyoc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Ironicname wrote: »
    You should have stayed over there.

Really.

Maybe. But at the time there was no talk of lockdown in any European county . No talk of schools closing .

Liverpool itself at only a handful of cases. I'd have as much a chance of catching it during my normal work.

The risk at the time seemed low. I did contemplate not going

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

All offices with more than 100 staff must be closed from Monday. Maybe even ones with 50 staff if that's what it takes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Not looking forward to all the funeral we'll have to attend over the next month or beyond.

Its something that hasn't dawned on me until now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Shock at reports of Waterford students holding 'virus parties' as 39 new cases of coronavirus confirmed
    https://www.waterfordlive.ie/news/home/525775/shock-at-reports-of-waterford-students-holding-virus-parties-as-39-new-cases-of-coronavirus-confirmed.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

It is what I would call the far away syndrome. People watch bad things on the news, hear about the devastation the virus is causing and the hardship that so many people are enduring but it's the same as any other bad thing that is going on in the world. Most people don't really care until it effects them directly. They will get a dose of reality over the next fews months if the UK continue to handle the situation as they are at the moment.

Yep.

It just doesn't seem to dawn on these people that they or their loved ones could get really sick. I've been mocked and had people get genuinely annoyed for refusing to shake hands or whatever. Asked someone who came into my own home to wash his hands (he'd been on the Tube and a bus!) and he stormed off, acting as if I'm a mean, unreasonable lunatic.

I feel like if I survive this I'll be all alone because everyone around me thinks I'm just a nag and a whinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Is anyone else struggling with people who think they're overreacting?

It seems most people on Ireland have a fair amount of cop on and are being very cautious and sensible, and the government have done a good job at shutting lots of stuff down.

I'm over in the UK at the minute and it's mostly business at usual. All the hand gel and toilet paper sold out, yet pubs are busy, restaurants are busy, trains packed.

I'm avoiding being inside anywhere I don't need to be, including supermarkets, and some people here are mocking me and telling me I'm insane. I had a friend come round for a glass of wine and asked him to wash his hands for 20 seconds when he arrived (because he showed no sign of going to do it, and started touching the bottle and other stuff in the kitchen) and he went mental at me and stormed out.

Am I being totally paranoid here? I feel like I'm on another planet compared to the people around me.

I live in Manchester, completely agree with you. Live on quite a busy street in the city centre and theres loads of drunk people out and the bars a few feet across the road from me look far from dead.

Nobody gives a **** over here and the dumb government have a lot to do with it. I can't imagine how bad it might be in a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Do the maths again 0.2% of 2m is 4000. A lot of people don’t appear to understand percentages.
    Anyone can just google '.2% of 2000000' to have it worked out for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to all the funeral we'll have to attend over the next month or beyond.

In the middle of this there wont be any funerals.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

It is likely that funerals will be cancelled along with weddings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

In the middle of this there wont be any funerals.:confused:

Oh ffs true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

UrbanFret wrote: »
    I'm told the post has been taken down. Can anyone confirm Please?

Dunno, only you and the person that told you can confirm that you were told.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Blueshoe wrote: »
    All offices with more than 100 staff must be closed from Monday. Maybe even ones with 50 staff if that's what it takes

200+ in my office and all expected in as normal... Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I am usually a very laid back person and was letting most of the stories wash over me. Really started to take notice a couple of days ago. I was supposed to go home today as I hadn’t seen my parents in a couple of months. I cancelled it.

I hadn’t been to the shops since all this panic buying had begun but I had seen the videos of it. I went to Tesco’s today and it was very busy for a Saturday but nothing like it had been. I picked up enough food for 4 days. Gobsmacked that people were pawing at the loose fruit and vegetables and putting them back.

I was walking past the tills going to the self service section when I saw a till attendant sneeze into his hand 4 times. Without any hand sanitisation or leaving to go wash his hands he started scanning a customer’s shopping. I said it to him and he just shrugged his shoulders and just threw his eyes to heaven. I said it to the manager and said he would deal with it when less busy.

At the self service section there was a queue which was fair enough. There was three different people scanning their shopping with one hand while on their mobile. I was fuming. All I wanted was to go in, shop and get home as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Sorrry - can't trawl through all the posts so this might be being discussed.

All the big pubs in Tullamore are closing after tonight until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Looking for some opinions
    Is it rude to ask visitors to your house to wash hands when they come, and maybe correct them on their cough/sneeze etiquette? Have plenty of anti-bacterial wipes and dettol in the press anyway but just looking for peoples views on this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Shn99 wrote: »
    Is it rude to ask visitors to your house to wash hands when they come, and maybe correct them on their cough/sneeze etiquette? Have plenty of anti-bacterial wipes and dettol in the press anyway but just looking for peoples views on this

Your house your rules

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

You cannot test negative Just non detectable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Most importantly will "Dancing with the Sars" be affected:o Might end up as a sean-nós over the sweeping brush individual job, with no touching allowed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Likely there won't be funerals for people who die of the virus ( if there's a large number of them). Apparently in Italy they're just burning/burying them without ceremony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

There won't be any funerals. They'll just be buried or cremated.

Quite sad, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Having to ask is rude because they should be doing it without having to be asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Best not have visitors at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Hurrache wrote: »
    Dunno, only you and the person that told you can confirm that you were told.
    the person that told me has just now confirmed she did indeed tell me, Phew thankfully that's cleared up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

daheff wrote: »
    I think you 27.5% daily increase is a bit on the low side.
    Sincerely hope not, way above 1.03-1.25 worldwide (-China) that I've seen reported. Hoping that with more data points it will lower into that range. The new testing criteria may change things drastically, it did when the Chinese changed their testing methodology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Maybe. But at the time there was no talk of lockdown in any European county . No talk of schools closing .

On Wednesday? It was well publicised that there was major global issues. Your reliance on the government to prevent you doing silly things is what is going to see a police state being enforced next week.
    Liverpool itself at only a handful of cases. I'd have as much a chance of catching it during my normal work.

No. The difference between going to work and going to an airport, getting on a plane and then sitting in a stadium with tens of thousands of people are not equal.

The risk at the time seemed low. I did contemplate not going

Well you made the absolute wrong decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

pUxoyoc.png

Facepit...i dont know why people insist on posting there (and other places) and expect a rational response from the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dkod

Why are you having visitors to your house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

lfen wrote: »
    200+ in my office and all expected in as normal... Shocking

Not talking about you as you seem to be on team sensible but I wonder how many of you're co workers are whinging about going into work because of the virus but are still getting pissed in pubs tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Probably not rude in the grand scheme of things ,, but I'd come up with a reason for them not to come if l was you ,, you are e obviously taking this very serious but others who aren't will think you are a nutter unfortunately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement