Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

blackcard wrote: »
    It is likely that funerals will be cancelled along with weddings

Having a family members funeral on Monday and it’s been capped at 30. We were hoping to have 50 but we were told 30 max in the facility.

Would imagine funerals will be very very small from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭893bet

juno10353 wrote: »
    Italy in lockdown. Spain and Cansry islands in full lockdown from Monday. France going into lockdown this minute. Germany will most likely be next and Ireland in next few days.

Will canaries def be on lockdown?

Have a friend going.

Doing the “how could I tell the kids we won’t going”

despite me trying to explain the bigger picture

“How do you tell the kids granny is dead as we made **** all effort to isolate ourselves”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

We need to do a few things stat.

Close pubs
    Stop flights into ireland
    Start producing ventilators, face masks and other necessary equipment
    can we quickly convert a factory to produce them?

I heard of a company in Cork that are going to shift their production to hand sanitiser next week. So Im sure there are other companies doing similar wiyh other items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

hawkwing wrote: »
    Most importantly will "Dancing with the Sars" be affected:o Might end up as a sean-nós over the sweeping brush individual job, with no touching allowed now.

was that an intended typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

893bet wrote: »
    Will canaries def be on lockdown?

Have a friend going.

Doing the “how could I tell the kids we won’t going”

despite me trying to explain the bigger picture

“How do you tell the kids granny is dead as we made **** all effort to isolate ourselves”

My concern would be not able to come back when the borders get closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to all the funeral we'll have to attend over the next month or beyond.

Its something that hasn't dawned on me until now
    If the shyte really hits hard you won't be going to any funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

You are not being paranoid. Your survival in the next couple of weeks could be depending on you not getting infected.

...or maybe he should just chill & get infected (the British way), gain the virus & be part of the herd, ergo once you recover after ten days, your antibodies are fully charged & ready to fight Covid-19, should you face it again.

Moo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Shn99 wrote: »
    Looking for some opinions
    Is it rude to ask visitors to your house to wash hands when they come, and maybe correct them on their cough/sneeze etiquette? Have plenty of anti-bacterial wipes and dettol in the press anyway but just looking for peoples views on this

The CMO has advised that discretionary social interactions should be curtailed so turn off the lights, lock the door and pretend you’re not in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to all the funeral we'll have to attend over the next month or beyond.

Its something that hasn't dawned on me until now
    I'm not looking forward to all the people I won't be able to bury because they died of a deadly infectious virus at a time when death was so prevalent that their passing is all but overlooked.
    To be fair to the Cork City pubs, the main ones have shut their doors. Reardons, Dwyers, Grand central, Oliver Plunkett to name a few all closed which is great to see. Usually quite local pubs though are seeing a lot of younger people come in due to them being closed though
    They were instructed to by the HSE because gatherings over 100 were banned. Tbf Ernest Cantollin closed all his ones after yesterday even though he wasn't instructed to (Electric Sober Lane Bróg). All the rest are following suit tomorrow which while better than many in the rest of the country is still quite sh!t in the scheme of things. How many more infected for just one more day of profit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238975540641619970

Hopefully we'll be locked down before people start dropping dead in the streets or randomly dying on planes (although at this point, not sure if relevant).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Random thoughts.

RIP to any families this affected

Did you know that there were some 140 deaths in Ireland on Friday 13th according to death notices published for that day.

Maybe we could graph the deaths per day to see if there is an increase in "normal" deaths for people who were never tested?
    Keep an eye on pneumonia deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Is it rude to ask visitors to your house to wash hands when they come, and maybe correct them on their cough/sneeze etiquette? Have plenty of anti-bacterial wipes and dettol in the press anyway but just looking for peoples views on this

Rude fook that wash their hands cover their germs or out the door.

Talking about rude coming into your home sick in the first place you don't want these people around you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Do the maths again 0.2% of 2m is 4000. A lot of people don’t appear to understand percentages.

Hands up I'm wrong it's 4,000. So a projection at a 40% infection rate of 4,000 deaths in the 18-42 age group is still significant. That's my point, even by conservative estimates a lot of fit young people are expected to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Likely there won't be funerals for people who die of the virus ( if there's a large number of them). Apparently in Italy they're just burning/burying them without ceremony

This is a bit sobering. You don’t need to speak Italian

https://twitter.com/davcarretta/status/1238791068071661568?s=12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Of the 39 new cases today, were we told how many are community transmission?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Not talking about you as you seem to be on team sensible but I wonder how many of you're co workers are whinging about going into work because of the virus but are still getting pissed in pubs tonight?

Two that I know of plus 1 returning from Cheltenham. Most frustrating part is, about a third of the office are set up to work from home but have been told to report to office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I went to Liverpool for the match on Wednesday. I could not get over how laid back and normal it was there. Cv19 never came up in any conversation.

Shops stocked. Streets busy. Was a but surreal when I returned to Ireland to empty shelves and schools closed in the space of 24hrs

You were fairly laid back yourself in fairness.

I also see Madrid is a hotspot for CV at the moment , hopefully you didn't pick up anything off the Atletico support.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

hawkwing wrote: »
    Most importantly will "Dancing with the Sars" be affected:o Might end up as a sean-nós over the sweeping brush individual job, with no touching allowed now.

No audience tomorrow! The executive producer was on with Ray D'Arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Just drove down from georges street, down Camden street up portobello and down through Rathmines.

Town is busier than you would like. I hope this doesn’t sound bad but there doesn’t look to be many Irish out, most are foreign. Mainly Brazilian.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Its very irritating at the lack of fcuks people are giving. I'm terrified my family is. Were on lock down essential trips only. Food pharmacy. Taking my PC home on Monday from work. My dad is 70. He is on lock down taking this very seriously. I'm Trying to limit all contact in shops etc standing three to four feet back from everyone. Wish people would open their bloody eyes and see what is happening around Europe.

• Advertisement

What visitors?

There should be no visitors other than carers/close family or essential maintanence personel.

Its not rude to ask. Have a basin with warm soapy water ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

acequion wrote: »
    Of the 39 new cases today, were we told how many are community transmission?

Nope - just 16 travel related

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Pistachio19

Not rude at all. Needs must. To be honest I won't be inviting people into my home while this is going on. I have asthma and am bricking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kegg

Don't have visitors. Tell them to stay at home.

theballz wrote: »
    Just drove down from georges street, down Camden street up portobello and down through Rathmines.

Town is busier than you would like. I hope this doesn’t sound bad but there doesn’t look to be many Irish out, most are foreign. Mainly Brazilian.

Or they could be from Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Spook_ie wrote: »
    RIP to any families this affected

Harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭tamara25

Will county councils decide to close for the 2 weeks? Very unfair to expect staff to come in...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think the Irish public and Govt (along with the French and Germans and everyone else) have it spot on.

I'm a bit shocked at the lack of reaction in the UK and the way people are carrying on as if it's business as usual.

Agreed.

The sociopaths in the British Government are conducting a very dangerous biological experiment on their own population.

They want at least 60% of the population to become infected so that they can achieve 'herd immunity'. This is why Cheltenham, the football matches and Crufts were allowed to go ahead and why they are keeping their schools open.

Unfortunately for us they will do it north of the border too. In the foot&Mouth epidemic there was an all Ireland effort to keep the virus out... and there was practically no spread of the virus here.

Maybe Johnston, Cummings and the rest of those pompous Tory overgrown public schoolboys should volunteer their own families to be the guinea pigs for this lunatic experiment.

Lets see how they feel when their own families suffer or maybe even die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Maybe. But at the time there was no talk of lockdown in any European county . No talk of schools closing .

Liverpool itself at only a handful of cases. I'd have as much a chance of catching it during my normal work.

The risk at the time seemed low. I did contemplate not going
    A handful of cases is how it started in Italy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement