Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Few countries affected in Africa. Time to pick one and get a flight. Wait it out in direct provision over there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

What visitors?

There should be no visitors other than carers/close family or essential maintanence personel.

Its not rude to ask. Have a basin with warm soapy water ready.

Soap and water work better when not pre-mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

In relation to Trump's new travel restrictions, I know he
    says Ireland is now included but do people know if that is only flying to US from Ireland or does it include flights from US going to Ireland?

Hope that makes sense! I'm worried, my sister is in Mew York and she's being stubborn and refusing to come home!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

fritzelly wrote: »
    Another Defence Force "leak" :rolleyes:

This one is real.

7cfb2e6fa19bedbd33cc1c7d28961f8b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Blueshoe wrote: »
    All offices with more than 100 staff must be closed from Monday. Maybe even ones with 50 staff if that's what it takes

I work at a large multinational, and all the office workers are being told to work to work from home if they can. But the like of myself, the monkeys on the floor, we can't work from home, we have to be in at the machines to work. They've promised us that the canteens will be limited in numbers, and everywhere will be cleaned more frequently, but since I started there the toilets have always been in an awful state, and canteen tables dirty. Not to mention some people are just filthy animals coughing everywhere uncovered.

I'm honestly worried going in for a night shift tomorrow because the standards are always lower when the important people aren't around. I'm mostly worried bout bringing the virus home and infecting the parents or siblings. I'll be telling the boss that first sign of some dirtbag coughing uncovered or facilities not being kept clean, I'm off - can do what they want to me, but I'm putting my health first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Nope - just 16 travel related
    Still treating us as mushrooms!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Nope - just 16 travel related

they said there were 'community transmissions' in todays numbers, but didnt give the a figure, said thered be an update later

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Agreed.

The sociopaths in the British Government are conducting a very dangerous biological experiment on their own population.

They want at least 60% of the population to become infected so that they can achieve 'herd immunity'. This is why Cheltenham, the football matches and Crufts were allowed to go ahead and why they are keeping their schools open.

Unfortunately for us they will do it north of the border too. In the foot&Mouth epidemic there was an all Ireland effort to keep the virus out... and there was practically no spread of the virus here.

Maybe Johnston, Cummings and the rest of those pompous Tory overgrown public schoolboys should volunteer their own families to be the guinea pigs for this lunatic experiment.

Lets see how they feel when their own families suffer or maybe even die.

I would imagine they are not hoping that 60% of the population become infected. Saying that they want it is more than a bit of a stretch.

This is just carry on hatred since brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

niallo27 wrote: »
    Dont be a dick, he went to a match. ****en hell get a grip.

I don't think he was being a dick. All his points are legitimate. People are getting it tight for going to Cheltenham, don't see much of a difference.

• Advertisement

tamara25 wrote: »
    Will county councils decide to close for the 2 weeks? Very unfair to expect staff to come in...

No they are working.

Any services that might have to close the staff will be redeployed to other sections as required, librarians for example have already been redeployed by the head office to assist other departments.

At least this is the current plan in the cc my wife works for.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Few countries affected in Africa. Time to pick one and get a flight. Wait it out in direct provision over there

I've picked Macao.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

spookwoman wrote: »
    Shock at reports of Waterford students holding 'virus parties' as 39 new cases of coronavirus confirmed
    https://www.waterfordlive.ie/news/home/525775/shock-at-reports-of-waterford-students-holding-virus-parties-as-39-new-cases-of-coronavirus-confirmed.html

Idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

You will be waiting a long time and all you might get at the end of it is a case of Ebola.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Its looking like another black Monday 2020 coming up

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

skimpydoo wrote: »
    People shouldn't be there full stop. If people are not going to restaurants why are they going to pubs?.

Perhaps this can elucidate.

I was in a shop earlier. Several young women entering, of a certain age and BMI profile, chatting excitedly amongst themselves about going out this evening, "we'll go smoochin'... haha... get the coronavirus...hahateehee".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

good question on canaries temp 20c+ and will keep going up so better to spend time at a pool drinking beer and getting burnt, then soak and freeze here for another month, is there any quarantine issues, as 5h flight and close to grand seems would carry for a good months holidays now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I heard of a company in Cork that are going to shift their production to hand sanitiser next week. So Im sure there are other companies doing similar wiyh other items
    Heard a local pharmacy had hand sanitizer today. Rushed over there. They were 500ml bottles with pump produced by a local company. €18.49 a bottle! Shop assistant said price high because cost of isopropyl alcohol had gone sky high. I bought a bottle, by the time I got to my car, I was thinking I'm such an eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

This is just carry on hatred since brexit

Not really, just people commenting on a government that doesn't give a shyte for the more vunerable members of their society. This has been the Torys since well before Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

So my children are at home loosing out on their education all the while we have pub's packed out with crowds of people who just dont give a f** k about the fact they could be spreading this virus...

I just give up really, what is the sense in shutting down schools if they are not going to take equal measures to restrict crowds going to the pub and other social events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Shn99 wrote: »
    Looking for some opinions
    Is it rude to ask visitors to your house to wash hands when they come, and maybe correct them on their cough/sneeze etiquette? Have plenty of anti-bacterial wipes and dettol in the press anyway but just looking for peoples views on this

When will the penny drop here........

Dont have visitors!!! Seriously I know it's an alien concept but really only people who have to live together are supposed to spend time together right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

A
    Maybe Johnston, Cummings and the rest of those pompous Tory overgrown public schoolboys should volunteer their own families to be the guinea pigs for this lunatic experiment.

Lets see how they feel when their own families suffer or maybe even die.

But if they are actively seeking to get as many people as possible infected, then they are volunteering their own families as guinea pigs. They must know this disease does not spare the 'elite', and BoJo's own parents would be right in the firing line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

If you work for yourself. And my industry slows down in the next few weeks. What is there for financial protection, nothing? Just worried about paying my mortgage for me and the girlfriend. Started my own gig In January in construction and it looks like a horrible decision at the moment. I won’t get sick pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

niallo27 wrote:
    Dont be a dick, he went to a match. ****en hell get a grip.

He did. He is saying that it wasn't his fault he made the decision and it should have been made for him.

I'm saying that people should be aware that all the information is available and they should be culpable for their own decisions.

Going to a football match abroad when there is a highly infectious global virus rampant in Europe is not a good choice. It wasn't the government's fault. It's the individuals.

Because of other people's bad choices, vulnerable people are at risk.

Yet somehow I'm the dick for pointing it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

So my children are at home loosing out on their education all the while we have pub's packed out with crowds of people who just dont give a f** k about the fact they could be spreading this virus...

I just give up really, what is the sense in shutting down schools if they are not going to take equal measures to restrict crowds going to the pub and other social events.

You could equally say the same about parents letting their children mix with others.

There was a gang of them congregated outside our apartment yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

acequion wrote: »
    Of the 39 new cases today, were we told how many are community transmission?

I don't think the testing outside of the current guidlines starts until Monday? So we are still not testing anyone who could be a community invection. Open to correction as I have been trying to follow things a little less closely for my own sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

There'll be so many people self isolating upon return from Cheltenham. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

6 African countries recorded their first cases yesterday, its going to really take off there in a few weeks

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238574972018270210

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I understand the pubs will be forced to close from tomorrow evening or Monday evening - not certain of the specifics. I love the pub as much as anyone but this is right in my opinion. I know for a fact that people running small rural pubs where there were less than 10 people tonight that the guards called about an hour ago, asked them to finish early nicely and gave the heads up that it will be formally announced tomorrow. Anyone hear similar?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement