Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

But if they are actively seeking to get as many people as possible infected, then they are volunteering their own families as guinea pigs. They must know this disease does not spare the 'elite', and BoJo's own parents would be right in the firing line.
    No one in Bojo's family will die for the lack of a ventilator.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Interesting article

https://m.calcalistech.com/Article.aspx?guid=3800632

In Wuhan, which had the highest number of infection cases in the Hubei province, everyone had a chance of getting infected, but only 3% caught it,” he explained. “Even on the Diamond Princess (the virus-stricken cruise ship), the infection rate did not top 20%.” Based on these statistics, Levitt said, he concluded that many people are just naturally immune to the virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

leck wrote: »
    Heard a local pharmacy had hand sanitizer today. Rushed over there. They were 500ml bottles with pump produced by a local company. €18.49 a bottle! Shop assistant said price high because cost of isopropyl alcohol had gone sky high. I bought a bottle, by the time I got to my car, I was thinking I'm such an eejit.

This thing attacks the lungs not the hands.

Somebody sneezes in a room is can spread 15 foot in every direction and hang in the air for up to 40 minutes.

Keeping hands clean is important and putting contaminated hands to face can cause infection.

This whole panic about hand sanitiser is stupid it is like carrying a blunt knife into a fun fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

CBear1993 wrote: »
    If you work for yourself. And my industry slows down in the next few weeks. What is there for financial protection, nothing? Just worried about paying my mortgage for me and the girlfriend. Started my own gig In January in construction and it looks like a horrible decision at the moment. I won’t get sick pay

There is the same protection for the self employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I don't think the testing outside of the current guidlines starts until Monday? So we are still not testing anyone who could be a community invection. Open to correction as I have been trying to follow things a little less closely for my own sanity.

Doctor last Friday said the restrictions had been relaxed and they could refer for testing if they suspected it was the virus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So my children are at home loosing out on their education all the while we have pub's packed out with crowds of people who just dont give a f** k about the fact they could be spreading this virus...

I just give up really, what is the sense in shutting down schools if they are not going to take equal measures to restrict crowds going to the pub and other social events.

Pubs are closing, relax to ****. Your kids have been off two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

6 African countries recorded their first cases yesterday, its going to really take off there in a few weeks

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238574972018270210

Europe's woes will be put in perspective in four weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Herd immunity is the only way this thing can be incorporated into humanity unfortunately, the sentimental ones amongst us don't like that but seems clear as mud now

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

niallo27 wrote: »
    Interesting article

In Wuhan, which had the highest number of infection cases in the Hubei province, everyone had a chance of getting infected, but only 3% caught it,” he explained. “Even on the Diamond Princess (the virus-stricken cruise ship), the infection rate did not top 20%.” Based on these statistics, Levitt said, he concluded that many people are just naturally immune to the virus.

Haven’t looked but surely bollox. I’m sure world leaders would be way on top of this

dashdoll wrote: »
    I understand the pubs will be forced to close from tomorrow evening or Monday evening - not certain of the specifics. I love the pub as much as anyone but this is right in my opinion. I know for a fact that people running small rural pubs where there were less than 10 people tonight that the guards called about an hour ago, asked them to finish early nicely and gave the heads up that it will be formally announced tomorrow. Anyone hear similar?

I really want to believe this is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,558 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Interesting article

Based on these statistics, Levitt said, he concluded that many people are just naturally immune to the virus.

naturally immune to the virus? wonder if this extends past china / asia

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I understand the pubs will be forced to close from tomorrow evening or Monday evening - not certain of the specifics. I love the pub as much as anyone but this is right in my opinion. I know for a fact that people running small rural pubs where there were less than 10 people tonight that the guards called about an hour ago, asked them to finish early nicely and gave the heads up that it will be formally announced tomorrow. Anyone hear similar?

I know a few bar men and publicans and they've not been told anything like that. Gov are leaving up to individuals to make the decision, some are getting guidance from their insurers also, with some insurers recommending closure after this weekend.

Your rank and file garda wont know details of things to be announced, not at a national level.
    Next meeting of gov and health officials is monday. Nothing else decided until after that.

But yes a staggered closure should take place in my opinion, slowly wind down non essential services over the course of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Maybe is time to ask for a refund of Usc....
    On this country who works is fxck

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Hopefully that’s true.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ironicname wrote: »
    He did. He is saying that it wasn't his fault he made the decision and it should have been made for him.

I'm saying that people should be aware that all the information is available and they should be culpable for their own decisions.

Going to a football match abroad when there is a highly infectious global virus rampant in Europe is not a good choice. It wasn't the government's fault. It's the individuals.

Because of other people's bad choices, vulnerable people are at risk.

Yet somehow I'm the dick for pointing it out?

This, it is all down to people’s choices.

If you wander down to your local pub and there are 20 or 30 people sitting fairly separately across the pub, what’s the problem, you are in line with the latest guidelines. However, if you go in the door and there are 400 people crammed into that space, get out of there and go home. It is all about individual choice and common sense.

Unfortunately, most people are children or sheep and need the government to spell out what they need to do. Ironically, at the same time, they are the people who didn’t vote for FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

One of my friends, who I seen for a few hours during the week got word from his employers that one of the guys in their office lives with someone who has tested positive..initially he was told he would be tested sunday but has now been told they are not even gonna test him until he shows symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Heard 'something' is to be announced alright. Just in the last hour but didn't get any details. Always 1am on a Sunday, low down under the radar and after the first editions are out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,195 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When will the penny drop here........

Dont have visitors!!! Seriously I know it's an alien concept but really only people who have to live together are supposed to spend time together right now.

I know. But a person living here thought going to a wake, to who she's not related. And brought her fcucking sister! Was a good idea. ****ing pigs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Interesting article

Because they locked the place down - let's see how it plays out across Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

But if they are actively seeking to get as many people as possible infected, then they are volunteering their own families as guinea pigs. They must know this disease does not spare the 'elite', and BoJo's own parents would be right in the firing line.

Also his girlfriend and HRH. Policy explained..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVltOSC0JMQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

CBear1993 wrote: »
    If you work for yourself. And my industry slows down in the next few weeks. What is there for financial protection, nothing? Just worried about paying my mortgage for me and the girlfriend. Started my own gig In January in construction and it looks like a horrible decision at the moment. I won’t get sick pay

If you are sick. You will get sick pay of 305 euro per week
    If you have no work,apply for the job seekers
    Some banks will allow you to postpone mortgage payments for three months. So you hopefully won't get hit as hard as you think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

You could equally say the same about parents letting their children mix with others.

There was a gang of them congregated outside our apartment yesterday.
    Supervised by their parents of course? Yerah the play areas for kids were being well utilised on Friday, don't know how today looked.
    Maybe the parents are in temple bar? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Gym I train at is still open

Very little precautions apart from one sanitizer dispenser and a small pack of flash antibacterial wipes on the 2nd floor

Are they foolish to remain open? It’s not a commercial gym , maybe 10 train at once and distance apart would be adhered to

I’m not going either way as much as I’d like to

Not worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Dont be a dick, he went to a match. ****en hell get a grip.

You don't be a dick and a you get a grip. You could be involved in deaths.

Do you get it? Will you ever get it? Or are you just that dumb?

Just because something doesn't seem like it's doing much wrong, it could be in this situation.

It's like driving without while drunk. "Dont be a dick, he drove his car down the road".

"Dont be a dick, he didn't tie the climbing rope correctly".

Some actions have big consequences.

His post was fair and justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Soap and water work better when not pre-mixed.

Leave the bar in the basin

Thats if anyone still uses soap bars

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Blueshoe wrote: »
    All offices with more than 100 staff must be closed from Monday. Maybe even ones with 50 staff if that's what it takes

Is that your opinion on it or have you been informed that this is happening as my cousin who works in DoH said as far as she is aware that this won't happen, at least not for DoH staff as there is quite a lot of legislation now that needs to be completed because of Covid19 and it will take time to complete. I am also in the service in a different Department and some of the senior managers with kids are able to work from home but it's unlikely that will happen for the rest of staff which is a bit mental when there are hundreds of us in open plan offices.

Herd immunity is the only way this thing can be incorporated into humanity unfortunately, the sentimental ones amongst us don't like that but seems clear as mud now

Herd you say why has this cow called off all engagements?

Do what we say not what we do.

Herd immunity my elderly folks are not sheep.:mad:

Queen-Elizabeth-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Probably the last update tonight Spain one more death
    Total New Cases 44,447 Total Deaths 1,796

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VnTtGtEGyzDr1sAdoFieLpUeUUP0mbzryebHGUbISj4/edit?usp=sharing
    hTA5fan.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I would imagine they are not hoping that 60% of the population become infected. Saying that they want it is more than a bit of a stretch.

This is just carry on hatred since brexit

Your imagination is poorly informed complete rubbish.

Google "UK 60% herd immunity" and see what comes up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

I turned 40 today . To go on social media and see those assholes in the pub sickens my **** . I spent the day holed up at home as I will be doing until my shift on the frontline on Monday . People will never ****ing learn. I'm so angry. Stay safe guys x

Happy Birthday and sincerely... thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement