Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Must be all the posh schools.
    They start with the spring snow and when adults looking for coke...bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Manach wrote: »
    Heard the first HSE radio advert since the crisis started. It was about abortion services, but hey, progressive priories eh.

Our new found wokeness will be the death of us yet. Now we have late term abortion and everyone is in a tizzy. You reap what you soe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Simon Haris has just been critical of the pub video.

Has he forgotten he's in charge and force the pubs to close. Idiot.

It would be like the referee in the FA cup final being interviewed at half time, regarding why he didn’t send off a player for a two footed challenge and replying... “ yes, I saw that was a stone wall red card, hmmmm”

Make the fûckin pubs close you absolute clown ! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

acequion wrote: »
    Oh really! I thought that the jump today was because of wider testing!

The number of community transmissions is key information as it indicates how much this thing is spreading around the place. It's awful to hear of anyone getting it but it's reassuring when it's traceable to travel or being around an infected person. But community transmission is really scary, it's so random.

I really wish they would give us more detailed information. Knowing more about the location of cases would also help I think. May give rise to panic in certain areas but do people not have the right to know how risky their town,city, maybe village is?

I knew a few days before the Kinvara cases were publicised that there was around 4 cases.
    I said nothing on here about it until I heard it verified for sure.
    As I don't want to be like the usual fruitloop running around like a headless chicken spreading rumours.
    I think its being well contained though.

As for Ennistymon and Inagh I haven't heard of anymore cases since so that's a good thing.

The rural people are more than likely doing the right thing by adherence to the suggestions.

You'll always get the people who'll have to get out for a drink or else they'll feel like they're missing out on the goss like.

Then you'll be called a sanctimonious bellend if you mention you're being cautious and feel good about it, even if you didn't say anything negative about the huddles of people out congregating.

Reading some people's reactions to people being cautious or frowning on the weakest link in society is probably people reacting from the pup, club or takeaways.

Deflection is easy to recognise that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Look at France's stats over 50% of those in ICU are under 62, gonna take some advice from an auld boy I met during the week, kill it with whiskey it's what he did in '62.

Been off work since Wednesday,(must take so many days each quarter) having a hot whiskey every night since,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsDoyl3

Honest to jeez the mind boggles, my neighbour is in a pub in drogheda, my sister flew to scotland friday, i hope she gets stuck there, her stupidity amazes me, thenshe gets the hump cause i called her an idiot 🀦*♀️ i cannot cope with stupid.
    Heard monday theres a 14 day lockdown actually my husband was told, he's management in a pharmaceuticals company in blanch.. people in / army out

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

Did you check your policy to see if you have business interruption clause, it'll kick in if the government or local authorities order a shutdown. Ring whoever your with Monday. I have it in writing I'm covered.

Who is your policy with?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

I heard that WhatsApp message and assumed it was bull****. Then I saw these photos and now I'm not so sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I'd love to say this country doesn't seem to shock me, but hey ho. Anyway England are fcuking it up more than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Ironicname wrote: »
    He did. He is saying that it wasn't his fault he made the decision and it should have been made for him.

I'm saying that people should be aware that all the information is available and they should be culpable for their own decisions.

Going to a football match abroad when there is a highly infectious global virus rampant in Europe is not a good choice. It wasn't the government's fault. It's the individuals.

Because of other people's bad choices, vulnerable people are at risk.

Yet somehow I'm the dick for pointing it out?

Where did I say it wasn't my fault and the decision should have been made for me . Don't talk bullsh!t. I made the decision to go, I already stated that.

You havent a clue what I work at. You passed comment on it. You haven't a clue how I got there and in what capacity I was there in but again you've an opinion on it too.

I admit I went . At the time was there a risk. I think it was less than minimal giving the facts at the time. Had it been a day or two later after further developments would I have went - No. But that's the benefit of hindsight isn't it.

As I said I've been self isolating and will be until the 27th March.

Incidentally I was over there work related . Hench why I'm self isolating. Because in 24hrs the whole thing changed. If it was 24hrs later work would have pulled it either ways, if not I wouldn't have went myself.

Social media sometimes really is a f*cking cesspit . Actually it is a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This might seem silly now but I think lots of people are unsure of what they are meant to do.
    Examples would be,
    Can people pop out for the newspaper still or is this considered unnecessary.
    What about going out for a meal where diners are seated a good distance apart. Is this allowed or not.Same with nipping out for take-aways.
    Same with generally shopping trip. Is it okay for people to pop out a few times a week ot should people do one big shop.
    Some people are of the attitude we've all to be locked up for the next two weeks and others are like you cam do somethings once your careful.

Now some people are doing silly things and they know it but some people are a tad confused and reading posts online won't make much of a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

I heard that WhatsApp message and assumed it was bull****. Then I saw these photos and now I'm not so sure.

That's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Christy42

Press update by email, but that was the plan for today too until early afternoon.

Probably have to wait and see

Why the change I wonder. It wasn't like they had some grand announcement today. It was a well done update in fairness to the two drs but I don't see why they changed plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

MrsDoyl3 wrote: »
    Honest to Jesus the mind boggles, my neighbour is in a pub in drogheda, my sister flew to Scotland Friday, i hope she gets stuck there, her stupidity amazes me, then she gets the hump cause i called her an idiot ��*♀️ i cannot cope with stupid.
    Heard Monday theres a 14 day lockdown actually my husband was told, he's management in a pharmaceuticals company in blanch.. people in / army out

I am useless at grammar and spelling myself but look at that post and I fixed it a bit for you.

I am not a grammar Nazi but with the claims you are making it does not help the credibility of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

More serious and disruptive interventions are going to be introduced.

It's inevitable.

It's a question of timing.

Need maximum public buy in for longest possible period.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Heard monday theres a 14 day lockdown actually my husband was told, he's management in a pharmaceuticals company in blanch.. people in / army out

For the best, get some army lads out on the street helping the Gardai. People might not be thrilled reading that but if you are behaving and doing nothing to put the lives and wellbeing of people at risk you don’t have to worry, it’s a deterrent...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsDoyl3

I am useless at grammar and spelling myself but look at that post and I fixed it a but for you.

I am not a grammar Nazi but with the claims you are making it does not help the credibility of the post.

Ha ha, much appreciated, i am like a mad woman on whatsapp giving out to my younger sibling ... i definitely got carried away

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The more I think of Leo sitting there with Trump and the pot of shamrocks the more I realise that has to be one of the most time deaf, most ridiculous decisions of any state leader. With the week we’ve had and the benefit of hindsight I hope he is monumentally embarrassed. He should actually apologise for being such a wally

That's real.

And the Whatapp message what did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

89956730_4033346046679088_7787037919696388096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=t8uyEPeN4J4AX_GfT4s&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=66236e4abeb31fd0715edb8586f9e84a&oe=5E927B6B

• Advertisement

Who is your policy with?

2 with Aviva and one with axa, if your with any of the big ones even through a broker it's probably in your policy, heard it's not in the royal sun alliance one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I was speaking to someone earlier who is seriously ill with cancer and they asked why people have gone so angry with each other over this virus. I couldn't answer

This is for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

The Gardai hired over 200 vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Some great photoshopping techniques there but needs more work

Ha ha, much appreciated, i am like a mad woman on whatsapp giving out to my younger sibling ... i definitely got carried away

Loads of people saying pubs are going to close and we are going into lockdown but I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That the gardai and defence forces had purchased or rented a few hundred cars/vans to be ready for first thing Tuesday morning.

The more I think of Leo sitting there with Trump and the pot of shamrocks the more I realise that has to be one of the most time deaf, most ridiculous decisions of any state leader. With the week we’ve had and the benefit of hindsight I hope he is monumentally embarrassed. He should actually apologise for being such a wally

In fairness I think he's doing a good job, Christ can you imagine if that thundering $&#@ of a Sinn Fein health spokeswoman was running the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Whole fleet of several hundred hire vehicles prepped for garda and army personnel to be ready for Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

A more restrictive lockdown to be announced rapidly. Voice message said it would be Tuesday 8am to stop eejits going to the pub for Paddys day and killing us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Sausage_blaa

wonski wrote: »
    Weeks ago everyone talked about how Italians can't do this or that.

I think the whole Europe is the same.

People just won't do what they are told.

Can't even stand those pricks at work who can't wait for the business to be closed so they can do whatever they want like it is ****ing holidays.

Topic number 1 of course how we gonna get paid. Sure they must pay us.

Sure they must do this or that, yet none of them are doing what they are told to. Useless brainless individuals who just care about themselves. Nothing else.

I think everyone needs a boot up the arse! I have a 74yr old mother in law that thinks it's ok to go about her daily routine, maybe it'd be a good thing for the government to express how dangerous it is to that age group. With no internet only daily news they dont understand how harmful it is!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement