Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I heard that WhatsApp message and assumed it was bull****. Then I saw these photos and now I'm not so sure.

Can't you imagine a situation where multi patient transport services, such as those bringing immuno compromised patients to critical appointments (such as chemo, dialysis), would be stood down because of the significant risk involved? Single patient transport will be needed,if not already. State services need fleets to do this, along with delivering other critical services.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsDoyl3

This might seem silly now but I think lots of people are unsure of what they are meant to do.
    Examples would be,
    Can people pop out for the newspaper still or is this considered unnecessary.
    What about going out for a meal where diners are seated a good distance apart. Is this allowed or not.Same with nipping out for take-aways.
    Same with generally shopping trip. Is it okay for people to pop out a few times a week ot should people do one big shop.
    Some people are of the attitude we've all to be locked up for the next two weeks and others are like you cam do somethings once your careful.

Now some people are doing silly things and they know it but some people are a tad confused and reading posts online won't make much of a difference.

Theres a GP on Instagram called Dr Doireann O Leary, shes fantastic with the facts

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Why isn't the HSE running round the clock adverts on tv, online, on roadside billboards about washing hands, self isolating, social isolating?

Totally, order every broadcaster to play a 30 second add outlining directions/dos and don’t.... first add AND last add during breaks... tattoo it into people’s brains, radio the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Why the change I wonder. It wasn't like they had some grand announcement today. It was a well done update in fairness to the two drs but I don't see why they changed plans.

A second death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

fritzelly wrote: »
    Some great photoshopping techniques there but needs more work

Rush job admittedly, but it's definitely legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Loads of people saying pubs are going to close and we are going into lockdown but I just don't know.

There closed Tuesday, not sure if just for the day or for 2 weeks. Garda have hired a load of 7 seaters to take us home Monday night...that might sound like a pisstake but it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

ITman88 wrote: »
    Fcuk I’m not old but we only went to Delphi in school tours, I didn’t think I was that much of a peasant, and still haven’t gone skiing as an adult!!!

FFS I remember going on a school tour of the Coca Cola factory near Dubland and another to the aqua Dome in HaleyRae land as part of our school tours!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

That the gardai and defence forces had purchased or rented a few hundred cars/vans to be ready for first thing Tuesday morning.

You seem to have a pretty level head what do you think frog?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

2 with Aviva and one with axa, if your with any of the big ones even through a broker it's probably in your policy, heard it's not in the royal sun alliance one.

Thanks for the reply. I'm with Aviva and was trying to read through the small print and also trying to google it.

I presume cover only kicks in if it's a government enforced closure?

If it were I've gross profits cover which would enable me to continue to pay staff their full wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

The more I think of Leo sitting there with Trump and the pot of shamrocks the more I realise that has to be one of the most time deaf, most ridiculous decisions of any state leader. With the week we’ve had and the benefit of hindsight I hope he is monumentally embarrassed. He should actually apologise for being such a wally

Don't have a huge issue with leo heading over. Coveney is doing a great job and its probably better to let him at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I heard that WhatsApp message and assumed it was bull****. Then I saw these photos and now I'm not so sure.
    They rented 200 odd vehicles from hire companies to cope with the shortage, the "Diesel" note on the fuel filler foor should have been taken off :D

There closed Tuesday, not sure if just for the day or for 2 weeks. Garda have hired a load of 7 seaters to take us home Monday night...that might sound like a pisstake but it's not.

Must be the Killarney branch- they’re known for doing that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Rush job admittedly, but it's definitely legit.

https://i.imgur.com/f1pMzXT.png

f1pMzXT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

They rented 200 odd vehicles from hire companies to cope with the shortage, the "Diesel" note on the fuel filler foor should have been taken off :D
    We dont want the snatch squads accidentally fuelling with petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

In fairness I think he's doing a good job, Christ can you imagine if that thundering $&#@ of a Sinn Fein health spokeswoman was running the show.

Imagining a press conference with a spokesperson in balaclava and Sunglasses giving the virus 48 hours to leave the country or face the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Don't have a huge issue with leo heading over. Coveney is doing a great job and its probably better to let him at it.

Agree on that Coveney is far superior and seems to be more engaging

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think everyone needs a boot up the arse! I have a 74yr old mother in law that thinks it's ok to go about her daily routine, maybe it'd be a good thing for the government to express how dangerous it is to that age group. With no internet only daily news they dont understand how harmful it is!

It’s scary just how many need that boot up the arse... even my father this evening..

“I’m walking back from the chemist and met this French lad, looking for the Spar, he couldn’t understand the directions I’m giving him so I walked him around, nice fella, visiting his nephew”. Jesus man, point, smile and fûcking walk, AWAY ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks for the reply. I'm with Aviva and was trying to read through the small print and also trying to google it.

I presume cover only kicks in if it's a government enforced closure?

If it were I've gross profits cover which would enable me to continue to pay staff their full wage.

Yea it's more than likely in your policy have a look around page 26/29 ish. Yea you can pay them full wage but you don't need to as there entitled to the dole so you can just top up that if you want, I'd pay it out once they come back to work. Not all might return so I'd say to them you'll cover the balance only when and if they return to work, that's the way I know a few places are doing it. It's what I'm going to do on legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

You seem to have a pretty level head what do you think frog?;)

Looks a photoshop so probably bs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Strumms wrote: »
    Totally, order every broadcaster to play a 30 second add outlining directions/dos and don’t.... first add AND last add during breaks... tattoo it into people’s brains, radio the same.

I heard an ad on one of the radio stations today, don’t know which one and if it was a hse ad or just an ad/ advice from radio station. It was basically telling people to wash their hands for twenty seconds and then it played snippets of songs that were twenty seconds. One was dance monkey. I though it was good. kids in school were told to sing happy birthday to you to make up the twenty seconds while washing their hands.Good too I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

89956730_4033346046679088_7787037919696388096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=t8uyEPeN4J4AX_GfT4s&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=66236e4abeb31fd0715edb8586f9e84a&oe=5E927B6B
    That's the nasty one like the colleges have.
    Rip the hole off ya.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Garda Síochána = Guardians of Health

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

ichyhoop wrote: »
    But they have a job , its just that it is forced to close under government order, so why claim job seekers?

Because they need money, I now have to claim jsa, I was temporarily laid off on Thurs when museums shut. Private employer, in cafe, won’t get a cent from employer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

In fairness I think he's doing a good job, Christ can you imagine if that thundering $&#@ of a Sinn Fein health spokeswoman was running the show.

Imagine if Sinn Fein we’re running the country right now omg !
    Love to see what voting would be like right now , funny feeling the devil they know might be the choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Are you talking about Louise O’Reilly?

She was an excellent Union representative, securing loads of concessions for her members, but that is exactly the wrong kind of person you want in control of the health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

We dont want the snatch squads accidentally fuelling with petrol.

I see they are all still civilian registered on the plates, the points they go back with might be interesting :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Looks a photoshop so probably bs.

What do you mean?

I though the G in Garda alway stayed straight on an uneven surface.

It did look good until it was zoomed in.

f1pMzXT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Christy42

Uriel. wrote: »
    A second death.

Fair enough good of them to announce it person. Shows some respect to it Had expected some change in tack (didn't know what, I just assumed from the conference).

The rented cars with the G on an uneven surface are probably for raiding the Clayton (Pearse st. I believe)again with lads in hazmats. It seems to have gotten away with it the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I seen some magic beans today... Legit like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Believe me if you want. Those pictures are legit .

They have hired cars from Europcar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement