Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If there was an opinion poll now i'd say FG would be well up on where they have been.

I can find little issue with how they handled this so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My close Garda relative tells me:

Yes, a delegation from the Garda, Defence Forces and HSE did in the last few days requisition 300 vehicles from car rental companies, 210 are going to the Guards, the rest on a standby 'white' fleet for whatever authorised agency needs them.

No, it does not mean there is going to be a major tightening of the current situation. The Guards are moving desk jockeys and trainers into operational jobs, they don't have nearly enough transport on hand. And the HSE need more vehicles for testing, allowing ambulances and emergency response cars to be available for what will be a very busy time regardless. Its just contingency.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are you talking about Louise O’Reilly?

She was an excellent Union representative, securing loads of concessions for her members, but that is exactly the wrong kind of person you want in control of the health service.

She's a $#@&

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Believe me if you want. Those pictures are legit .

They have hired cars from Europcar

Username checks out.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They should have just commendered a fleet of X5's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

Yea it's more than likely in your policy have a look around page 26/29 ish. Yea you can pay them full wage but you don't need to as there entitled to the dole so you can just top up that if you want, I'd pay it out once they come back to work. Not all might return so I'd say to them you'll cover the balance only when and if they return to work, that's the way I know a few places are doing it. It's what I'm going to do on legal advice.

They are long standing staff so I'm not worried about coming back to work.I can work out the situation with the dole when a shutdown happens.

I will check out the policy tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

So is it completely irresponsible to go to the pub? Myself and my wife would like to go down for one, not necessarily because I'm mad for a pint but I want to support my local business. While one drink won't make it break them, I want them to still be there when this is over.

What do we think?

PayPal them a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Imagine if Sinn Fein we’re running the country right now omg !
    Love to see what voting would be like right now , funny feeling the devil they know might be the choice!

We’d be pissing ourselves laughing insanely with worry. Imagine, some brain derelict cùnt giving out advice about how to avoid the grave when the likelihood is that him and his mates contributed to a fair few going into one, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

That's the nasty one like the colleges have.
    Rip the hole off ya.

Exactly.
    There’s a very informative thread in after hours that discuss in great detail the importance of high quality paper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

If there was an opinion poll now i'd say FG would be well up on where they have been.

This is a very good point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Augme

Don't really understand what the government expected to happen why they didn't force the pubs to close. For them to close voluntarily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

It's true, don't know why people think it's photoshopping.

It's as much as they could do to mobilise vehicles in an emergency and at short notice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

What about the scratches when they’ll go back end up paying price of anew one!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They are long standing staff so I'm not worried about coming back to work.I can work out the situation with the dole when a shutdown happens.

I will check out the policy tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't give a hoot how long their with you only top it up if they return to work. It's a fair compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Larbre34 wrote: »
    My close Garda relative tells me:

Yes, a delegation from the Garda, Defence Forces and HSE did in the last few days requisition 300 vehicles from car rental companies, 210 are going to the Guards, the rest on a standby 'white' fleet for whatever authorised agency needs them.

No, it does not mean there is going to be a major tightening of the current situation. The Guards are moving desk jockeys and trainers into operational jobs, they don't have nearly enough transport on hand. And the HSE need more vehicles for testing, allowing ambulances and emergency response cars to be available for what will be a very busy time regardless. Its just contingency.

That all makes sense. Some getting a bit excitable here. Martial law is not about to be declared. Also we are not going to stop covid 19. Extreme measures now will slow it down and hopefully give HSE time to better prepare, but we will still have widespread infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Username checks out.:D

Username aside. They are ex rental vehicles from Europcar.

Hence the diesel sticker on the fuel flap. They are 100% not photo shopped.

You can even see the reflection of the Renault in the rear of the VW Caddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Augme wrote: »
    Don't really understand what the government expected to happen why they didn't force the pubs to close. For them to close voluntarily?

Vintners finance the bollix out of political parties, that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Can they force them to close?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sausage_blaa

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s scary just how many need that boot up the arse... even my father this evening..

“I’m walking back from the chemist and met this French lad, looking for the Spar, he couldn’t understand the directions I’m giving him so I walked him around, nice fella, visiting his nephew”. Jesus man, point, smile and fûcking walk, AWAY ! :rolleyes:

Its getting frustrating trying to tell her, her attitude is I'm only going down to my sisters and if I die i die I dont have left to live anyway, I'm doing my best to stay away from the virus (so she dont get it) but it's like talking to a brick wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Sunday Times/B&A poll released today

Sinn Fein 35% (no change)
    Fine Gael 21% (up 3%)
    Fianna Fail 19% (down 1%)

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0314/1123302-poll-government/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

I wouldn't give a hoot how long their with you only top it up if they return to work. It's a fair compromise.

All of them over 20 years.

They've been good to me and I'd like to think I've been good to them.If I'm covered I will be able to pay them in full.The situation with the dole can be worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Augme

Uriel. wrote: »
    Can they force them to close?

Yep, they could.

No they wouldn't. Up a little. Within the margin of error I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Username aside. They are ex rental vehicles from Europcar.

Hence the diesel sticker on the fuel flap. They are 100% not photo shopped.

You can even see the reflection of the Renault in the rear of the VW Caddy.

So you can.

505651.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Is there seriously a lockdown coming? Like we actually won't be able to leave our homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can you imagine coming in full force saying everything is closed except supermarkets and chemists - there would be all out war
    Across Europe they are doing it gradually

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

wakka12 wrote: »
    Is there seriously a lockdown coming? Like we actually won't be able to leave our homes?

Yes and no

Yep, they could.

Under what law?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

My teenage sister had some friends over for the evening nd is now disinfecting all the door knobs in the house , I'm impressed!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

So you can.

505651.jpg

Must be a fan of liam nesson (taken) I guess !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement