Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Coppers makes about €75k a week in profit, to their credit they have closed it down for the next 2 weeks.

https://lovindublin.com/pubs/copper-face-jacks-closing-for-17-nights-following-government-advice

https://www.thejournal.ie/coppers-profits-2-4414152-Dec2018/

Two weeks! Lol. Sweet jesus, when will people start to understand what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

The Garda couldn't catch a cold and our army is 12 people paid below minimum wage with guns from the 1960s. They wouldn't be able to police such a lockdown. But restrictions are going to increase.

Logical next step is for the Gov to force all businesses to be shut after 6pm and on weekends. I would expect that as early as next week and with how it seems publicans do not give a damn and just want to make a quick few quid, I hope is introduced Monday.

I would expect similar public transport restrictions to follow. Followed by greater restrictions on working hours for non critical businesses.

Your first paragraph is overwhelmingly bizarre,. But I take it you're being tongue n cheek!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Andrew00 wrote: »
    NOT A CHANCE all those aul lads who drink in the pub or the old farmers will obide to staying at home.

They couldn't care less lot of them think its a hoax I kid you not.
    ffs rural pubs will not notice this,the ones that are still open are lucky to have 20 customers on dec 26th,about 10 on a normal sat night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

Andrew00 wrote: »
      Lads BTW calm down I like a pint more than anyone.

If you live rurally you'll still be able to go in the back door of the pub next weekend but you'll probably have to text the barman to let you in

If it gets as bad as Italy you probably wouldn't want to be anywhere near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dozyart wrote: »
      Is there a Sinn Fein term like "Godwin"?

Some of you soft cuuunts cant be in a thread without mentioning them,i get it,the election results terrified you but dont make it so obvious...this thread was about the virus ffs!!

I'm not usually a grammar Nazi but he's just proven a point about the 35%.
      Hold the revote on a Monday please.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Worse i think

Nowhere near as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Strumms wrote: »
      I hope FG give themselves a kick up the hole and become proactive rather than reactive as we have seen in the main so far.

Given that people where almost killing themselves over toilet paper when it was announced schools would close, I would hate to see what happens when they announce the pubs are closed too.

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
      3.72% global average now.

7.68% of closed cases globally.

Whats the difference in those two figures. Why are closed cases higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

China was looking good yesterday with only 11 new cases yesterday and 8 the day before, now back up to 20

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Personal opinion is they will be shut down by the govt before or on Monday along with restaurants.

Shud have happened bfor this weekend. And I sam a person who usually goes to pub 2 r 3 times a week but people just not taking this seriously yet.

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
      Nowhere near as bad.

Per capita i think it is worse

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Personal opinion is they will be shut down by the govt before or on Monday along with restaurants.

Quite a few restaurants and pubs in town here have put notices on fb saying under the circumstances, they're closing for business tomorrow evening .

Wednesday. Sure they need to cash in first!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭marilynrr

fritzelly wrote: »
      China was looking good yesterday with only 11 new cases yesterday and 8 the day before, now back up to 20

16 of those came from overseas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

So 35% of people think this what we need right now...Jesus..

ES7-FFmg-WAAo-Amk-U-2.jpg

This virus is the only way they could make that manifesto work.

Wipe out a chunk of the vulnerable and elderly folks would free up housing and health funds for free GP cover and less pensioners will allow them to reduce the pension age.

If only they got in. 35% of the country would think they were heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Your first paragraph is overwhelmingly bizarre,. But I take it you're being tongue n cheek!? :confused:

Yes its a bit of a joke. But the point is they wouldn't really be able to reinforce it. Plus I think we are going to see a lot of places told to close. And iff everywhere is closed people are not going to be outside wandering the streets.

Also I think in a few weeks when stuff is getting really bad and our health systems are breaking down that the Army would be better uses in other capacities helping out the health services setting up make shift wards and transporting whatever needs transporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Whats the difference in those two figures. Why are closed cases higher?

Closed cases is where we have a definite outcome I.e someone is either recovered or dead. The 3.72% figure includes all of the cases I.e the ones that are recovered/deceased and also the open yet to be determined outcome cases. The 3.72% figure was 3.4% when the WHO came out with that as the global mortality stat.

Bearing in mind it seems clear from the reports around the world that we are far under reporting the true number of people already infected, by that token we have likely missed deaths as a result of Covid-19 also - that may have been attributed to pneumonia etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Any better Statistical Minds looking at this at the moment? Using some very crude GROWTH formula calculations in excel is giving me 1,200 cases here by this time next week. The figures beyond this day week are frightening based on the current growth rate (cases multiply x 10 each week) .

That jump in cases on Thurs was a clear indicator it was following the typical curve of over countries, hence the school closures etc.

So given the delay of when symptoms show up and testing times this time next week would be the first indication of whether the initial delay guidelines ( closures/work from home) are working well, Ive a feeling the government are not going to wait til then to find out and will bring in more drastic measures in the coming day or two.

Im scared now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Coppers makes about €75k a week in profit, to their credit they have closed it down for the next 2 weeks.

https://lovindublin.com/pubs/copper-face-jacks-closing-for-17-nights-following-government-advice

https://www.thejournal.ie/coppers-profits-2-4414152-Dec2018/

They need to be commended, for closing. Still it’s one establishment in a pretty big city, hopefully more will follow.

• Advertisement

marilynrr wrote: »
      16 of those came from overseas!

Shhh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Are pubs and the closing of so important to people.
      This is the type.if crap that makes me ashamed to be irish.
      I have to work. I've no choice as I work in an essential occupation. And one that's at high risk of contacting every disease possible but I get on with it.

People should stop whinging and accept the bee norm for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
      M

Why have we not cancelled flights from Spain? We havn't learned the mistakes of how we dealt with Italy, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have to work. I've no choice as I work in an essential occupation. And one that's at high risk of contacting every disease possible but I get on with it.

Yes it’s important, a pub sure as shît isn’t an ‘essential’ anything, maybe you job is but, a pub... a venue where a lot of people get together, to ‘socialize’, in warm conditions in cramped proximity to each other, drinking alcohol which can impair decision making and judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sausage_blaa

I think it's time for all of us to forget whose fault it is!

Its here now no matter who brought it in. I think our government are doing ok with the handling of all this.

But at the end of the day it dont matter how it got here or who to blame the most important thing is to look after eachother especially the elderly.

Stay safe, stop blaming, come as one

Why have we not cancelled flights from Spain? We havn't learned the mistakes of how we dealt with Italy, ffs.

Yep! Same with portugal where i know there are 10 new cases confirmed in the municipal where i have a holiday home

Does it really matter at this point? It's already widespread across the island - is banning flights going to stop it from continuing to spread. Regardless of Spain infected people could be coming from other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Well pubs going spread the virus faster than anywhere. Most pubs in galway tonite had 100+ people in them. Also as a regular pub goer myself we all know there not the most hygienic places. Its not just focusing on pubs but it Ireland and obviously thats were most crowds are at weekend and escp paddies day.

I think it's time for all of us to forget whose fault it is!

Its here now no matter who brought it in. I think our government are doing ok with the handling of all this.

But at the end of the day it dont matter how it got here or who to blame the most important thing is to look after eachother especially the elderly.

Stay safe, stop blaming, come as one

The government should have acted sooner.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Yep! Same with portugal where i know there are 10 new cases confirmed in the municipal where i have a holiday home

The flights will probably stop soon

Dundalk, Co. Louth

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement