Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

citysights wrote: »
    What’s the point in bringing that up now. Some people are so worried they can only get through day to day, banks are going to give people a three month reprieve on their mortgages, sick pay arrangements have been put in place so people don’t have to wait the six days. I’ll be delighted to be back working paying tax and being able to please God when all this is over. We’ll cope with the money stuff if our population is well. I don’t mean to have a rant but it’s very hard to project months down the road from now, People just need to mind their mental health, having the experience of the last recession some of us are very sober but for the young people in their teens twenties this is very hard for them.

Why not ? We might have a functioning health system after this passes , it will pass! But our taxes will be through the roof to maintain a proper health care system

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Is this the reason why there has not been any new announcement from Leo and the boys? They know it`s already too late and we are going to be obliterated?

Obliterated me h#@e,.I will confidently say that Ireland will come out the far end of this better than anywhere in mainland Europe.. Also remember only a small percentage of the population will get the virus and an even smaller percentage of those people will die..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

spookwoman wrote: »
    The spread sheet I do is there another with specific country anyone wants me to do up? pm me the details

Togo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Why not ? We might have a functioning health system after this passes , it will pass! But our taxes will be through the roof to maintain a proper health care system

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I expect taxes will go through the roof after this crisis in order to fund the relief

You think there is going to be a relief effort? This country will be like Mad Max Thunderdome territory in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

You think there is going to be a relief effort? This country will be like Mad Max Thunderdome territory in a few months.

Some of it already is.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sausage_blaa

And the flights that poured in from Italy and now Spain.

Are you a Government shill?

Like I said in a previous post I think the only thing that government could have done sooner was close our borders and ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭jamesf85

What are you talking about? Mad Max?

Even if there was a 20% mortality rate (there won't be) it wouldn't result in a doomsday scenario.

There will be a lot of pain in the coming weeks, but we will come out the other side, maybe not as well off, the world will be a different place...but there will be a functioning society

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

there is not a functional functioning health system in this country, trust me. Not remotely close, many great and well intentioned frontline people but as a system it’s completely fûcked. Take it from someone who had to find out the hard way.

• Advertisement

Look on the bright side. At least the Dubs won`t get to do the 6 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Its 2.51 am and I can't sleep. My wife is a nurse who will be put to front line duty fighting this from Monday. She's a type one diabetic - high risk and scared. My 13 year old son is asleep in the next room. He's asking me will we be okay. Will mum get sick. Will I lose my job. I'm physically sick and genuinely scared.

I wish you and her nothing but the best.

It's stories like these that make me despise those c*nts who are in the pubs even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

This is massive, right now I don’t care what tax I pay I couldn’t give a #uck, life is much more precious and if we don’t take all the necessary steps to try to stop the spread, the social consequences will be devasting and leave a lasting scar on Irish society just like the famine of 1847 did. Who knows what society is going to look like down the line, oil is tumbling even prices seemingly filtering down to petrol stations according to another thread here on boards tonight. I think our priority now is minimizing spread at all costs. Right I’m off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

FFS I remember going on a school tour of the Coca Cola factory near Dubland and another to the aqua Dome in HaleyRae land as part of our school tours!!
    Back in the 80's my school had ski trips plus trips to Stratford Upon Avon.

When was the last time you did 1 in a row :D

there might not even be a Dubs when this is all over according to some :pac:

Dundalk, Co. Louth

tenor.gif?itemid=8644559

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Might be two teams afterall, the South will be put into quarantine ;)

Strumms wrote: »
    Might be two teams afterall, the South will be put into quarantine ;)

Damn you northsiders walking like chickens en all

So the Mayans were right all along about the end of the world. Only problem was that some tool put the date 8 years too early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Obliterated me h#@e,.I will confidently say that Ireland will come out the far end of this better than anywhere in mainland Europe.. Also remember only a small percentage of the population will get the virus and an even smaller percentage of those people will die..

Sam. Every expert says 40 or 50% of the population will get it. Say 2 million people. If 2% pass away that's 40,000 people.

How do you know more than every pandemic expert? Spanish flu killed 23,000 people in a less populated Republic of Ireland in 1918/19. So if this is much the same it'll do damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Sam. Every expert says 40 or 50% of the population will get it. Say 2 million people. If 2% pass away that's 40,000 people.

How do you know more than every pandemic expert? Spanish flu killed 23,000 people in a less populated Republic of Ireland in 1918/19. So if this is much the same it'll do damage.

Thats the worst case scenario,stop frightening the sh1te out of people!!

S.Korea has a much lower death rate with much higher testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I don't believe the World governments and most definitely European governments will even consider letting any Country go into financial melt down or even difficulties because of this virus. This is an unpresidented occurrence and will be treated as such.
    What matters now is feeding people(individuals being able to access grocery stores is a must)and infrastructure(gas,water, electricity etc) logistics(movement of goods and front line workers etc) it's not just the rich who will come out unscaved!?.... So everybody please put the financial thinking to one side. And God bless you all.

Ps: none of your aul usual s#@*e when someone posts after 03:00,. I haven't been drinking, I'm just finished work.

So the Mayans were right all along about the end of the world. Only problem was that some tool put the date 8 years too early.

the world will not even no matter what the people from Mayo say!

Dundalk, Co. Louth

How do you no more than every pandemic expert? Spanish flu killed 23,000 people in a less populated Republic of Ireland in 1918/19. So if this is much the same it'll do damage.

I'm with you here. I live close to a road where the ambulances have to go to their destination and the increase i have heard has risen by multiples, now obviously they cannot be all COVID19 cases but i think with my assumptions and the testing they are going to ramp up over the next month we will see rapid growth in this (Unfortunately)

I don't believe the World governments and most definitely European governments will even consider letting any Country go into financial melt down or even difficulties because of this virus. This is an unpresidented occurrence and will be treated as such.
    What matters now is feeding people(individuals being able to access grocery stores is a must)and infrastructure(gas,water, electricity etc) logistics(movement of goods and front line workers etc) it's not just the rich who will come out unscaved!?.... So everybody please put the financial thinking to one side. And God bless you all.

Ps: none of your aul usual s#@*e when someone posts after 03:00,. I haven't been drinking, I'm just finished work.

giphy.gif

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Thats the worst case scenario,stop frightening the sh1te out of people!!

S.Korea has a much lower death rate with much higher testing.

It's not the worse case scenario. Do you read or listen to news? 2% death rate, conservative. 40% infection rate conservative. Many predict closer to 70%.

Read up on it. It's facts. Government say it, WHO say it, experts say it. But anonymous Woodsie on boards knows better than anyone.

I'm with you here. I live close to a road where the ambulances have to go to their destination and the increase i have heard has risen by multiples, now obviously they cannot be all COVID19 cases but i think with my assumptions and the testing they are going to ramp up over the next month we will see rapid growth in this (Unfortunately)

Exactly. When the arse falls out of the health service people will die from other conditions. They won't get to hospital etc. Some people just can't work out the logistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

It's not the worse case scenario. Do you read or listen to news? 2% death rate, conservative. 40% infection rate conservative. Many predict closer to 70%.

Read up on it. It's facts. Government say it, WHO say it, experts say it. But anonymous Woodsie on boards knows better than anyone.

Bullsh1t.
    Everyone need to take precautions but there is no need for the panic you are trying to generate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

People are still transitioning from the denial stage. It takes some longer than others. Unfortunately these are the same gobsh*tes who have been out in pubs etc this weekend, making the problem worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement