Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

I made a mistake with my maths earlier which I corrected.

There are roughly 2 million people aged 18-42 in Ireland. The death rate for this age group is 0.2%. it would result in 4,000 deaths in that young age group.

It's all here. Every breakdown.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Exactly. When the arse falls out of the health service people will die from other conditions. They won't get to hospital etc. Some people just can't work out the logistics.

True statement. But you are doomsday fcukhole if you say this here. The government know how bad it is going to get also

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    People are still transitioning from the denial stage. It takes some longer than others. Unfortunately these are the same gobsh*tes who have been out in pubs etc this weekend, making the problem worse.

Ah sure it'll be grand

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Bullsh1t.
    Everyone need to take precautions but there is no need for the panic you are trying to generate.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

I'm not generating panic. Everyone with a brain cell knew this 7-10 days ago. You haven't a shred of a source to back up your hunch.

Our graph corresponds exactly with Italy, Spain, France etc since first reported case.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Bullsh1t.
    Everyone need to take precautions but there is no need for the panic you are trying to generate.

Naggdefy isn't trying to cause panic. The figures he/she mentioned are conservative. Unfortunately we are looking at a large number of deaths in this country if we don't slow down the spread rate. The country will be on a full shutdown like Spain by the end of the coming week in all likelyhood. Resteraunts and bars/cafe's will shut in the next 48 hours in my opinion.

No need to panic though, access to food shops and pharmacies will be kept open.

• Advertisement

Nope, if we're following Italy's curve our total at the moment would be 59, were at is it 129, were making them look like amatures.

We have no idea, how many tests each country did in those days, or the parameters under which tests were done, it's certainly not uniform and not comparable,

It's already been pointed out on thread, that the testing rate in Ireland went way up on the last day. And the time to get tests back had been greatly reduced, we were always getting a big spike under those conditions.

You were going ón the supply chains were in trouble a few days ago. Can you stop your scaremongering bs. The situation isn't great but we don't need people like you trying to panic everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

50% infection rate?
    Italy 60m?
    30m infected?
    Get ta **** with your scaremongering bollox.

It's serious but you lads are full of it.

S.Korea has a much lower death rate with much higher testing.

South Korea jumped in deaths from 110 odd Friday to 190 approx yesterday. You wouldn't know that I'd imagine.

This is an evolving situation. If you took time to read about the 1918 pandemic it was the second wave caused most deaths. Viruses mutate etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 BetterWay

Nope, if we're following Italy's curve our total at the moment would be 59, were at is it 129, were making them look like amatures.

Jesus

I made a mistake with my maths earlier

]

Of course you did.
    Too busy trying to make it all sound apocalyptic to bother working it out properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Sam. Every expert says 40 or 50% of the population will get it. Say 2 million people. If 2% pass away that's 40,000 people.

How do you know more than every pandemic expert? Spanish flu killed 23,000 people in a less populated Republic of Ireland in 1918/19. So if this is much the same it'll do damage.

The Spanish flu affected all age groups seriously, this doesn’t seem to.

50% infection rate?
    Italy 60m?
    30m infected?

Do you understand the concept of exponential growth?

We're all out of step only Johnny. Or Woodsie in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

50% infection rate?
    Italy 60m?
    30m infected?

Either show us your alternative projections from a reputable source or gtfo.
    Almost every western European country is projecting anywhere from 40 to 80% of the population infected. This isn't scaremongering.

50% infection rate?
    Italy 60m?
    30m infected?

OK, so Iceland currently has 160 cases. They have a population of 400k max i reckon. And we have been open to all of Europe, states, china. Sure we'll be grand

Ipso wrote: »
    The Spanish flu affected all age groups seriously, this doesn’t seem to.

It didn't. More BS. The Spanish flu effected the 20-40 age group much more. It thrived on fighting a strong immune system, flooded the lungs with phlegm. Cyanosis was a common symptom and vomiting blood.

Overall mortalities could be similar with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

scamalert wrote: »
    as some pretending to know it all cant even do single maths on scale, uk has dozens of cities where entire irish population would fit, so their approach to keep it going and accepting that there will be casualties isnt wrong.

as in general we have many deaths that can be avoided nowadays but every clown will ignore that just because some are really mentally not right, and times like these truly show who have real mental issues.

You’re saying others can’t do simple maths, then say the bolded bit? There is precisely one UK city that could fit the population of Ireland into it. London and that is it.

We're doomed....20k out of 60m Italians infected .
    A long way from half the population.

Stop with the scaremongering,it's a serious issue but no need for the apocalyptic carry on

Why are Western countries projecting such high rates of infection compared to the East? Or are the East just not projecting that far out into the future?

Stop with the scaremongering,it's a serious issue but no need for the apocalyptic carry on

You seriously need to shake your head. We are not Italy

Of course you did.
    Too busy trying to make it all sound apocalyptic to bother working it out properly.

Look most of the clowns on here left the circus 4 or 5 days ago. But you're a rare one.

Not apocalyptic only your head can't comprehend it.

Give us facts and sources to support your opinion?

How many will die?

We'll be waiting because you, my friend, are a waffle.

• Advertisement

Why are Western countries projecting such high rates of infection compared to the East? Or are the East just not projecting that far out into the future?

In the east they don't give a ballix about their population ;)

OK, so Iceland currently has 160 cases. They have a population of 400k max i reckon. And we have been open to all of Europe, states, china. Sure we'll be grand

Stevie no offence I've seen your attention seeking posts..i wouldn't take anything you say seriously.
    PM Naggdefy and get him to reply to me I'll more than likely listen to his points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Wait another few weeks and see if you still believe that then.

Look most of the clowns on here left the circus 4 or 5 days ago. But you're a rare one.

Not apocalyptic only your head can't comprehend it.

Give us facts and sources to support your opinion?

How many will die?

We'll be waiting because you, my friend, are a waffle.

How many will die?
    No more than 1000 in Ireland.
    Pneumonia and the common flu cause roughly the same amount of deaths annually in this country.

Stevie no offence I've seen your attention seeking posts..i wouldn't take anything you say seriously.
    PM Naggdefy and get him to reply to me I'll more than likely listen to his points.

source.gif

source.gif

Yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

On a small Island with a bit of it saying: 'We are doing herd mentality', and the big bit trying to fight it.... doesn't that mean we are all fuked ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

So far.

Nobody has said we are all doomed either so what are you on about.

How many Italians were infected at Christmas?

March 1st Ireland had one confirmed case only can you not see what way this is going.

Most of us are going to get the bloody thing accept it.
    Up to 20% will be severe and between 2% and 6% will die.

193 people died of this is Spain on Saturday alone up from 120 on Friday what part of this do you not understand?

I'm going to bed now. But to conclude, health services across the globe, every expert, the WHO are all suggesting 40-70% infection rates and 2% morbidity being conservative.

Countries can only show figures of what they are capable of testing daily. Growth is exponential. No apocalypse. We'll come other side but lose lives.

Goodnight.

• Advertisement

Yawn

Go to bed then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement