Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    We're doomed....20k out of 60m Italians infected .
    A long way from half the population.

Stop with the scaremongering,it's a serious issue but no need for the apocalyptic carry on

You seem to have changed your mind a bit in the last few days? Last week you said everyone would get it or probably already has it ffs... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I'm going to bed now. But to conclude, health services across the globe, every expert, the WHO are all suggesting 40-70% infection rates and 2% morbidity being conservative.

Countries can only show figures of what they are capable of testing daily. Growth is exponential. No apocalypse. We'll come other side but lose lives.

Goodnight.
    Not one country so far has had anywhere near that infection rate.
    China and S.Koreaare seeing reductions in the numbers already.

But go ahead chicken little the sky is falling OMG!!!

In the east they don't give a ballix about their population ;)

I think my posts from the East for the last six weeks would suggest they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Before I go apocalypse is Black Death figures of death. 30-50%.

2-5%. Tragic and will alter life after but not apocalypse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Fair point

• Advertisement

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    You seem to have changed your mind a bit in the last few days? Last week you said everyone would get it or probably already has it ffs... :rolleyes:

I sure did...in fact I'm nearly sure my mother got it and passed it to my 9 year old son and I've actively kept him away from his 79 year old grandad...i reckon I got it my dad got it and my other son who's 6 got it...we have all had something like a bad cold without a runny nose the last 3 weeks...trust me we are all taking every precaution but nobody is running around wailing that half the country will get it and the death rate will be enormous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ah stop all the fighting. Meet back here in one month and see who was right. Winner gets a stale loaf of brennans and 2nd hand bog roll.

Do you trust China?

South Korea is rising again. You're not up to speed. Also their measures are more 'thorough' than ours re. Lockdown.

And the chicken was Chicken Licken ;)

If you're calling people chicken licken, you're an ostrich, and your head is more up your posterior than in the sand.

90k-200k will die in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

And how are they doing this by going into lockdown.

Braindead morons saying it will all be grand going out on the piss spreading it everywhere.

Not going to debate with you as you are posting nonsense and I need to go to sleep.

Maybe think about it.:)

• Advertisement

I sure did...in fact I'm nearly sure my mother got it and passed it to my 9 year old son and I've actively kept him away from his 79 year old grandad...i reckon I got it my dad got it and my other son who's 6 got it...we have all had something like a bad cold without a runny nose the last 3 weeks...trust me we are all taking every precaution but nobody is running around wailing that half the country will get it and the death rate will be enormous

I hope they are all ok

And how are they doing this by going into lockdown.

Braindead morons saying it will all be grand going out on the piss spreading it everywhere.

Not going to debate with you as you are posting nonsense and I need to go to sleep.

Maybe think about it.:)

Dont lump me in with the braindead morons on the piss you stupid prick.

Go to bed your another who's getting a hard on from this situation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Look at France's stats over 50% of those in ICU are under 62, gonna take some advice from an auld boy I met during the week, kill it with whiskey it's what he did in '62.

France is another heavy smoking nation, having tried one of their most popular brands Gauloises its a very strong nicotine dose, so there's your answer I reckon.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Naggdefy isn't trying to cause panic. The figures he/she mentioned are conservative. Unfortunately we are looking at a large number of deaths in this country if we don't slow down the spread rate. The country will be on a full shutdown like Spain by the end of the coming week in all likelyhood. Resteraunts and bars/cafe's will shut in the next 48 hours in my opinion.

No need to panic though, access to food shops and pharmacies will be kept open.

agree. i believe that this weekend has proven to the government that the population are not capable or to be trusted to folllow the guidelines issued late last week. therefore they've been given no choice but to implement a complete lockdown of the country. it could be that we'll all be confined to our homes in the coming days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Obliterated me h#@e,.I will confidently say that Ireland will come out the far end of this better than anywhere in mainland Europe.. Also remember only a small percentage of the population will get the virus and an even smaller percentage of those people will die..

People keep saying this, and it's getting very annoying now to read this type of ill-informed BS!

The normal flu kills about 200-500 people on average in this country every year... a very bad year on this Island would be max 1,000 deaths from the flu.

If even very modest estimates with Covid 19 are accurate, we will see many times those numbers over the next few months!

20K+ conservative estimate.

Worst case estimates are probably not even worth contemplating, but you could easily see 3 or 4 times that number!

You're not doing anyone any favours, by pretending this is not a big deal. You need to better inform yourself on the stats, or just listen to the many people on here who know how bad this is/potentially might be!

Stop spreading misinformation - we need everybody to take this seriously and change their lifestyles for next few weeks. Maybe even months. It's the difference between life and death!

I hope they are all ok

Thank you...they are all ok all isolated from others..both kids were out of school from Monday last week as a precaution.
    You might jump to conclusions because of my opinions but I'm not some fcuking thick who would pass it off as nothing...i just don't think it's as serious as people are making out.

Serious but manageable...its not the disaster some on here seems to think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Reported.:)

Take it easy and don't be getting stressed bud

Thank you...they are all ok all isolated from others..both kids were out of school from Monday last week as a precaution.
    You might jump to conclusions because of my opinions but I'm not some fcuking thick who would pass it off as nothing...i just don't think it's as serious as people are making out.

Serious but manageable...its not the disaster some on here seems to think it is.

Good and take care of everyone! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Japan has reported it's first case of a person re-infected.

• Advertisement

Take it easy and don't be getting stressed bud

I don't want to be lumped in with the fools out getting pissed...im not reckless.
    That poster tried to lump me in with that lot to discredit anything I say.

Reported.:)

Rat!!! :)

Japan has also reported acceleration of new cases on yesterday at +57 new infections and 1 new death.

90k-200k will die in Ireland?

Do a wee bit of research on the percentage of people the virus will effect. Then research death rates from a few sources.

Google ROI population 2016 census. Then do the maths.

The Irish attitude, I want someone to do the calculations for me and then I'll say they are wrong. Kinda comes back to the idea of personal responsibility and being able to stand on your own two feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I sure did...in fact I'm nearly sure my mother got it and passed it to my 9 year old son and I've actively kept him away from his 79 year old grandad...i reckon I got it my dad got it and my other son who's 6 got it...we have all had something like a bad cold without a runny nose the last 3 weeks...

there was a dose going around there a month or two ago, a lot of people got it, I got it, but i doubt it was Covid19, shur this time next year, everyone in the country will be saying they got it, and it was no worse than a cold....

Do a wee bit of research on the percentage of people the virus will effect. Then research death rates from a few sources.

Google ROI population 2016 census. Then do the maths.

The Irish attitude, I want someone to do the calculations for me and then I'll say they are wrong. Kinda comes back to the idea of personal responsibility and being able to stand on your own two feet.

I'll suspend disbelief and believe your research for a moment. In what timeframe will these people die?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Do a wee bit of research on the percentage of people the virus will effect.

well, the figures we have data for, are well short of 20%... and I'm not saying it'll be all good, but I'm very skeptical of a 'herd immunity; approach, that the UK seem to be taking

Japan has reported it's first case of a person re-infected.

That can't be good?

there was a dose going around there a month or two ago, a lot of people got it, I got it, but i doubt it was Covid19, shur this time next year, everyone in the country will be saying they got it, and it was no worse than a cold....

Was no worse than a cold for meself and the aul fella...the mother is coughing her lungs up the last 3 weeks and the eldest lad was bolloxed with a fever and coughing for 3 days.
    Me ma is one of them that soldiers on regardless so who knows one things for sure she never had a flu last that long...56 years old 40 years smoking she's far from needing hospital yet

• Advertisement

Look at the amount of data the Japanese govt give it's people compared to us...

https://gis.jag-japan.com/covid19jp/

Zoom in on the map it gives locations and figures.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement