Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

What do people do for money if.business close.for 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Pretty much for 6 weeks starting Wednesday. Grocery, Pharmacies and Petrol stations to remain open.

Says who. The lad in the WhatsApp video with his face covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Pretty much for 6 weeks starting Wednesday. Grocery, Pharmacies and Petrol stations to remain open.
    You telling me my Gaggia Cappuccino maker might not arrive?
    FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What powers do we currently have to enforce lockdown / restriction of people?
    Does legislation need to be passed?
    Just wondering on how Ireland and our government would introduce a 'state of emergency' if required.

Hope it's not a typical Irish case of it being raised but having to jump through many hoops first!

It was on the news they hired over 200 vehicles

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You have no proof of that.
    While I think there will be a gradual shutdown you cant answer some out out straight saying yes starting from wednesday when that isn't the case.

Theres a national meeting as planned tomorrow, no decisions taken until during that meeting.

While I think we'll see more restrictions theres nothing set in stone yet

There's a meeting this morning. I'd hope it's announced today rather than tomorrow to give the people who didn't stock up on essentials a chance. Maybe they'll leave it until tomorrow so no panic buying can occur

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

whiskeyman wrote:
    Hope it's not a typical Irish case of it being raised but having to jump through many hoops first!

I'd imagine this would be a "headshop closure" type thing where it's pushed through immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Gael23 wrote: »
    Struggling to see the logic behind the UK approach. Seems to be all about protecting the economy

Yes, they believe protecting wealth is more important than their old people's health.

Senicide is not a good look, no matter how you try to get your chief scientist to dress it up in (pseudo)scientific mumbo jumbo.

Ättestupa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

From an RTE news report on a tweet from The Taoish...

"The Taoiseach has said the Government may seek enforcement powers to ensure that the ban on no indoor mass gatherings of more than 100 people applies to pubs and clubs."

He MAY impose the 100 person ban. FFS... alcohol and rules/common sense are not areas that can be left to personal decision. It is not possible to manage a rabble by filtering them into pubs 100 at a time.

Then you have to consider, how big is the space, do they all stay 2 meters apart and shout to each other for the night, what's the recommendation for how many drunk people should pile into a taxi or onto a bus to get home?

Give us all a break and a chance and close them down.... today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

kevcos wrote: »
    FFS.
    It also the symptoms of a sore neck!

Honestly some people just can't help but come out with absolute sh!te talk:rolleyes:

They are the symptoms of meningitis. The poster just said seek medical advice, they didn't say the person had it. Good advice I would have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Every Briton over the age of 70 will be told "within the coming weeks" to stay at home for an extended period to shield them from coronavirus Health Secretary Matt Hancock says.

Coming WEEKS? What planet is this country actually on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

lawred2 wrote: »
    It's ok to go to the beach. Risk is very low outdoors and it's very very easy to keep your distance from people on a large open space like a beach

This was Carcavelos this week after the schools were closed

o73ppftkq3m41.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Nope not giving it. You might know this afternoon with everyone else once the meeting with government finishes.

Cop on, you haven't a clue. Stop looking for attention. I'm nearly sorry I've responded. It might well happen but you don't know when and how more than any of the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Happy4all wrote: »
    no mention on stopping offices with more than a 100 staff opening?

Probably for some of the following reasons

Easier to practise social distancing in offices.

A lot of offices are getting staff to work from home.

Unlikely that people in offices will be kissing each other.

Unlikely that people in offices will be drunk,therefore more likely to partake in stupid activity.

Unlikely that people in offices will be singing "touching me,touching you "

...fingers tired so someone else can do the rest

What do people do for money if.work closes?

threeball wrote: »
    Says who. The lad in the WhatsApp video with his face covered.

Yea look up to yourself believe it if you like. It's far from WhatsApp.

It was on the news they hired over 200 vehicles

No mention of it on rte website. Cars in the pictures are 181. Hire car companies don't have 181 cars in 201.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Nope not giving it. You might know this afternoon with everyone else once the meeting with government finishes.
    Are you not giving it because you don't want to compromise someone who leaked the info? Or is it because you think people might scoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

walshb wrote: »
    Out and about in fresh air is fine, just be aware of your surroundings and interactions. Plenty plenty places to go that are wide and open and full of clean and feee space. Beach now for us!

Yes, make the most of fresh air. Lanzarote in lockdown. No one allowed out to walk at all. If you have dog a short brisk walk alone, 3m from others. No beach, only one person in car unless URGENT or for work. Only essential shops open. No restaurants or bars. Ghost town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

jester77 wrote:
    hmm, this was Carcavelos this week after the schools were closed

Little bit different than what I'd imagine donabate to look like on a windy march morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Syncpolice wrote: »
    What do people do for money if.work closes?

Sign on if work aren't paying them.

jester77 wrote: »
    This was Carcavelos this week after the schools were closed

o73ppftkq3m41.jpg

Yes looks exactly like curraccloe in march. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

whiskeyman wrote: »
    What powers do we currently have to enforce lockdown / restriction of people?
    Does legislation need to be passed?
    Just wondering on how Ireland and our government would introduce a 'state of emergency' if required.

There’s probably old legislation on the books from the “troubles” or even back to the civil war, the “emergency” or some such. Anyway, I wouldn’t be pissing off the guards in a national crisis, it wouldn’t go well

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

kevcos wrote: »
    FFS.
    It also the symptoms of a sore neck!

Honestly some people just can't help but come out with absolute sh!te talk:rolleyes:

If you presented to me i'd tell you to seek medical advice and it is a symptom its not ****e talk. More importantly why on earth would you ask on here , ask a doctor if you are worried. The world and their granny thinks every ache is corona virus now. All I did is tell him to seek medical advice that it is a symptom of something else not that it is that ? Some people are so hostile on here no need for it at all.

Thats what you get for trying to help.

Yea look up to yourself believe it if you like. It's far from WhatsApp.

I won't hold my breath.

Cop on, you haven't a clue. Stop looking for attention. I'm nearly sorry I've responded. It might well happen but you don't know when and how more than any of the rest of us

Yea I'm looking for attention. Of course some people know more than others, it's why some of us pay membership fees to national organisations, your obviously not a paid up member or you'd know the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I expect posts to turn from the theoretical to the practical in the coming weeks. Strange how no regular posters have been diagnosed. I don't know anyone yet who has been diagnosed.

Sign on if work aren't paying them.

That was my query

Will businesses pay staff while off

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

threeball wrote: »
    Yes looks exactly like curraccloe in march. Ffs.

I bet a chance of getting infected in an open air on a beach is a way lower than sitting in a pub or other closed areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Japan went from 800 cases to 1844 cases in 1 day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement