Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

threeball wrote: »
    No mention of it on rte website. Cars in the pictures are 181. Hire car companies don't have 181 cars in 201.

The radio news I heard it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

splinter65 wrote: »

Doesn’t mean the UK analogy is right in any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eldudebros

Christ, I hope we don't go into lockdown. That would be fcuking awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Some issue with Japan numbers, that spike was an error it seems, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

eldudebros wrote: »

I would find it reassuring to know they are taking such precautions. Each to their own i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Happy4all wrote: »
    no mention on stopping offices with more than a 100 staff opening?

100 staff thing does not apply to workplaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Yea I'm looking for attention. Of course some people know more than others, it's why some of us pay membership fees to national organisations, your obviously not a paid up member or you'd know the source.

Which national organisation? Bet you won't tell us that either. Are you in the masons?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

eldudebros wrote: »

We'll have to because some people couldn't take self responsibility on the compromise offered. They decided to give the 2 fingers to the rest of us and pack out the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    I got a text last night

Oh well, that's the confirmation we were looking for.

Theres one section of society that have been forgotten in all of this

Adulterers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It isn’t, more fake news

That's what i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Which national organisation? Bet you won't tell us that either. Are you in the masons?

Golf club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

My 65 year old mam flew to Spain on Thursday for a holiday. I don't talk to her but reached out yesterday after a sustained period of no communication. Sent her a link to an article and told her if she does not fly home now she will get stuck there. She then told me to mind my own business and that she was going to enjoy the weather. I said, ok good bye. She would be in a high risk category after years of alcohol abuse

Today she is back at home. I assume they told her to leave shortly after my text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Just a question re flattening the curve - if we succeed like China has do we then go back to normal in a few months?

And is it going back to normal with the intention of going back into lockdown when it spikes again?

Or is there some kind of best case scenario where a country can get this completely under control and go back to normal in a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Is Catholic mass not cancelled

Seems to be going ahead here

Mass is still being said in churches but people are being told not to attend.

In some places it's broadcast on a local radio frequency, others may have web streams.

Churches are open for people to visit and pray at other times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

voluntary wrote: »
    I'm seriously worried the virus is doing a big come back in the Asian countries. China on the rise for the last three days too.
    Japan does seem to have jumped, maybe more testing as others have suggested. China looks to have flattened and may it stay that way with a zero in the very near future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

What does lockdown mean exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Just a question re flattening the curve - if we succeed like China has do we then go back to normal in a few months?

And is it going back to normal with the intention of going back into lockdown when it spikes again?

Or is there some kind of best case scenario where a country can get this completely under control and go back to normal in a few months?

Nobody knows.... this is a make it up as we go along situation. One step at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Doesn’t mean the UK analogy is right in any sense

Exactly, you could apply the same video to here. There's nothing to say that bottle isn't already overflowing it just isn't showing yet but will before midweek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Means most shops and pubs and restaurants are closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Theres one section of society that have been forgotten in all of this

Adulters!

Misread as ADULTERERS....wanted details. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

New Word for CURFEW

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

voluntary wrote: »
    I'm seriously worried the virus is doing a big come back in the Asian countries. China on the rise for the last three days too.

Not seeing that.

2020-03-09 ​​​ 80,754(+0.02%)
    2020-03-10 ​​​ 80,778(+0.03%)
    2020-03-11 ​​​ 80,793(+0.02%)
    2020-03-12 ​​​ 80,813(+0.02%)
    2020-03-13 ​​​ 80,824(+0.01%)
    2020-03-14 ​​​ 80,844(+0.02%)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

A lot of people are worried about the financial impact in this situation because we need money to cover ourselves if we're laid off for a few weeks.

If families are living week to week, and are down to welfare due to no wages and their salaries cover the bills such as energy bills, car insurance, and THE MORTGAGE OR RENT are all down to direct debit.

It would be a disaster, they'd basically have nothing to survive on.

Because some people have barely enough savings as it is.

I think a nationwide pause on mortgage etc and utility bills should come into effect for everyone.

Even over the next so many years we could pay an extra few euros on top of our monthly energy bills just to catch up.

The social welfare are probably working flat out and hr in companies to basically give the welfare people's pps numbers, account numbers and bic numbers.

Someone who's good at IT could set up a template easily enough, pop in the details and at a push of a button sorted.

Its not rocket science.

Its very simple for a complicated time.

Never mind that ****e waiting on the phone for hours waiting to get through answering all these stupid questions , then 6 weeks for the claim to go through.

**** that, this is when the powers that be should show us all how its done and take leadership.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I suspect the government will announce mandatory closure of bars and restaurants this week which will likely mean another panic rush on the shops as people stock up on booze. Holy Thursday all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Means most shops and pubs and restaurants are closed.

Here it means that Leo and Simon will appear on the telly and ask us all to cop on and play nice .. or else..... but they won't do the 'or else' until overwhelming public opinion forces them to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eldudebros

namloc1980 wrote: »
    We'll have to because some people couldn't take self responsibility on the compromise offered. They decided to give the 2 fingers to the rest of us and pack out the pubs.

Well lockdown is grand for people who'll be paid fulltime for hiding in their room eating sh1te sitting on their stack of bog roll.

I'd rather work, and be able to get out in the fresh air. I'm already keeping to myself as much as possible. Lock down sounds hellish. Most people seem to be willing it because they don't want to work, rather than worry for people contracting the virus. At least from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was talking to a guy who works in construction,the company he's with are contracted to do work in schools and colleges and are now stood down by the department of education. Surely the sensible approach would be to let them work away with the places being empty and lessen any risk?
    As it is,they have told lads to take time off due to lack of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

https://twitter.com/dublinbypub/status/1238896235710423040?s=19

For those who wanted to know where to take their custom once we're back to whatever will pass as normal in a post Covid-19 world.

• Advertisement

State will be overwhelmed if everyone has to sign on

If payments(loans mortgages etc) are postponed and people are given a basic income things might get too bad.

There should only be essential items being bought in this crisis. Food, meds the odd bit of clothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement