Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Is China still on lockdown ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The word lockdown is a bit sensationalist is it not?
    Can still leave for food /medicine / work
    (Assuming place of work still open)

As shown over the last two nights, we need to really batter it in to people how important it is to take this seriously.

"Lock down" will have a better effect than just asking people to shut up for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Dial Hard wrote: »

If the footage is an accurate representation if what is happening in airports, it looks like a pretty good way to make sure everyone is infected :-)

(Doesn’t mean travel ban/restrictions and health screenings when entering a country are not a good thing though - but they need to be done properly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ZX7R wrote: »
    Most of there new cases came from outside china
    Yeah, think that was mentioned a day or two ago. Still looking positive for China.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And swingers!!! Will swinging survive this!

Ah now no need to bring Maria Bailey into this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭rob316

namloc1980 wrote: »
    We'll have to because some people couldn't take self responsibility on the compromise offered. They decided to give the 2 fingers to the rest of us and pack out the pubs.

Pretty much most have closed in cork and it will possibly be enforced as early as tomorrow I am told.
    I wouldn't view retail as high risk as pubs where people are drunk and on top of each other.

Some pubs closed on their own accord thursday as they could run into potential insurance problems if more than 100 people were on the premises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I see a major increase in anxiety and mental health issues will happen . I don’t suffer thankfully from mental health problems but I feel my anxiety increasing . I worry for my family , my neighbours , my friends and for people in nursing homes etc
    I can see this being a huge issue in many homes over time

Yup. I had gotten a handle on my anxiety in the last year or so, and now i can already feel it creeping back. Will definitely be an issue for many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Ironicname wrote: »
    Calm down Nostradamus. We are thinking that now.

I mean really rueing that they were still open.
    And there are plenty here still on the fence about them being open tbh.

"Calm down Nostradamus" made me laugh though 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Quick question, maybe someone has an idea.

In the case of a lockdown, is the postal service still likely to be running? I run a small online business and send orders three times a week. I've stocked up on supplies and stamps. I can fit then in any post box, they're just envelopes so I won't need to go to the post office, just run up the street to the nearest box.

I know this isn't a life or death question but if I can keep my business going during this it would make a big difference to me.

I heard that in Italy it's still running but I'm guessing not an efficiently as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Is there any real point in tighter restrictions considering the british policy and our open border up north (plus flights in and out of the county to how many UK airports)?

No matter what we do its not going to work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I’m starting to wonder if this is how the dinosaurs felt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd say we'll get the order to lose up the pubs tomorrow morning. God help the poor off licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

The photos of the cars for the Guards are Genuine. There only rentals. They will be used for transporting members from stations to areas for patrol. Or welfare calls. They won't be frontline response vehicles.

They will free up Marked cars and undercover cars for front line duty's.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I mean really rueing that they were still open. And there are plenty here still on the fence about them being open tbh.

I get you.
    "Calm down Nostradamus" made me laugh though 🙂

Glad it raised a smile. I reread it there and it could have come across like I was intentionally being a dick. Was honestly just joking. Good to see that it was taken in the way it was intended.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As shown over the last two nights, we need to really batter it in to people how important it is to take this seriously.

"Lock down" will have a better effect than just asking people to shut up for a few weeks.
    I think some stiff words with publicans about numbers might work better, so that punters get the message. Some venues can manage that 100 limit, while others will realistically have to close. Anyway that's the weekend over so a week of quieter activity is likely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

le_girl wrote: »

In the case of a lockdown, is the postal service still likely to be running? I run a small online business and send orders three times a week. I've stocked up on supplies and stamps. I can fit then in any post box, they're just envelopes so I won't need to go to the post office, just run up the street to the nearest box.

I know this isn't a life or death question but if I can keep my business going during this it would make a big difference to me.

I heard that in Italy it's still running but I'm guessing not an efficiently as normal.

The answer is we don't know. I'd keep an eye on An Post's website as they will likely provide info on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

FFS
    And I’ve never had a threesome.

Is China still on lockdown ?

It’s being gradually relaxed in Hubei province, and the rest of the country is more or less business as usual but with basic social distancing and hygiene measures in place and many proactive measures such as agressive contact tracing. And of course everyone still wearing masks.

Anyone entering the country from abroad (including Chinese citizens) is also required to go into a 14 days quarantine at a designated hotel at their own cost. Which I think is actually a good idea rather than a blanket travel ban (it will discourage most people from going, but someone who really wants to can do it in a relatively safe way for the country).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Looks like the 2nd wave is underway.

That is irrelevant... what is important is the capacity of the Chinese health system to cope with the numbers.

25 cases in a country of 1.7 billion... no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

le_girl wrote: »

I think it was answered a while back that post was considered an essential service, might be slower than usual but still continued in Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,423 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

rob316 wrote: »
    Please stop the mortality rates in under 50 are consistent. Stay home, don't panic, watch your hygiene and look out for the most vunerable. This can pass quickly yet.

There are as many people still sick as there are recovered. So the current mortality are based off incomplete data.

Your last sentence is speculation, as was my post. Should I ask you to stop? Or is it OK to speculate when it's a "thoughts and prayers" type post?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

is_that_so wrote: »
    Yeah, think that was mentioned a day or two ago. Still looking positive for China.

Chinese officials release an update on where there infections originated every day.
    A big turnaround on how they released figures at the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Syncpolice wrote: »
    That was my query

Will businesses pay staff while off

That's up to the individual businesses.
    Some will and some won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Misread as ADULTERERS....wanted details. :D

I misspelleded

It was adulterers

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭juno10353

The word lockdown is a bit sensationalist is it not?
    Can still leave for food /medicine / work
    (Assuming place of work still open)

Streets in Spain and Italy like ghosttown

Essential services only working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Employers have an obligation to inform staff of their plans and what entitlements staff have in various scenarios. What is a member of staff entitled to if:

1. They have to take time off to look after kids or sick people.

2. They have to self isolate.

3. They become sick and have to take time off work.

4. There workplace closes. Short, medium, long term.

That is irrelevant... what is important is the capacity of the Chinese health system to cope with the numbers.

25 cases in a country of 1.7 billion... no big deal.

They’ll have to monitor it closely though. They don’t want another Wuhan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Genghis

d51984 wrote: »
    The photos of the cars for the Guards are Genuine. There only rentals. They will be used for transporting members from stations to areas for patrol. Or welfare calls. They won't be frontline response vehicles.

They will free up Marked cars and undercover cars for front line duty's.

Wonder why do they need to put Garda on them if not frontline response?

ZX7R wrote: »
    Chinese officials release an update on where there infections originated every day.
    A big turnaround on how they released figures at the start
    TBF to them they have been doing this for weeks after their initial denial of a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Why did Varadkar say that people in pubs are being ****s... We know they are, yet some people here also saw all this coming, and they thought we were low risk and stop travel. He's just as much of a bigger dick than the rest of them in the pubs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement