Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Will the bins be collected?

I would presume so. Why wouldn’t they be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Lots of people buying beer cans and bottles in the supermarket today, stock is really going down. Maybe a good sign folks are planning their nights outside of the pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Is China really recovering?
    Amid Virus Outbreak, China Suddenly Cancels Flights and Train Schedules in Major Cities

https://www.theepochtimes.com/amid-virus-outbreak-china-suddenly-cancels-flights-and-train-schedules-in-major-cities_3263123.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

glasso wrote: »
    I went for a haircut yesterday - calculated risk - hadn't had one in 2 months so was badly needed.

they will be closed soon no doubt and won't be opening anytime soon

no waiting - was in and out as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't wait in a q there

obviously you have to hope that the barber breathing over you didn't have it!
    Got one friday. They had signs up saying to wash your hands if you wanted to.

Worse part was the fact they charged me €16 for a 5 minute haircut. :mad:

Normally €9 but couldn't make that place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Why wouldn’t they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    A lad up the front picking his nose

No he's not, he's scratching the outside of it. Great photo of mass gathering of Uk lemmings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

We all will and rightly so. And it won’t cost a fraction of what the bad banks did.

Indeed time for the banks to repay the favour and give people mortgage breaks and not wait for it to be ordered by the central bank and department of finance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Downlinz wrote: »
    Lots of people buying beer cans and bottles in the supermarket today, stock is really going down. Maybe a good sign folks are planning their nights outside of the pubs?

Exactly. I have 2 slabs of heineken in stock. Wont be near a pub or cafe etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

NIMAN wrote: »
    Watch this space.

What is this suppose to mean... very cryptic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Beasty wrote: »
    Didn't Germany do something similar a few days ago? Stopping export of relevant gear to anywhere else, including EU countries

Yes. And they apprehended supplies to Switzerland of medical equipment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Who's going.to pay.for all the thousands about.to get laid off

The same people who will have to pay for the thousands of burials needed if we don't do it.

The taxpayer.... you know how this system works. And when the tax funds run out ? Well that's uncharted territory to be dealt with by whatever government we have at the time, or whatever Chieftain emerges as the new leader of the survivors.

It's one day at a time, don't be jumping ahead to a future that is absolutely uncertain at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

iguana wrote: »
    I'd say so. Especially agricultural vets. It's a bit of a worry for us, my parents' dog is near the end of his life but not quite yet. We're really hoping that when the time comes, we have someone to help him go to sleep.

Yeah my dog has an ongoing skin condition, not life threatening and I could manage it at home if I had to but he would need to see a vet occasionally too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Lundstram wrote: »
    Yeah.. People should not be throwing money at some random guy who set up a GoFundMe page. Our government are financially equipped to feed them.

They normally have some sort of break to go somewhere for food or the time to make their own food.

I'm sure they are already on longer hours and diminished breaks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Downlinz wrote: »

A lot of pubs seem to be closing

Where I live four out of seven so far are shut/shutting today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Did he land back from the pub or from somewhere where this might actually be known?

WhatsApp from her sister !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

When you look outside at what a beautiful day it is today, no weather warnings this weekend, nature totally unaffected by what’s going on, it’s amazing just how vulnerable the human race is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Beasty wrote: »
    Didn't Germany do something similar a few days ago? Stopping export of relevant gear to anywhere else, including EU countries

Most countries are more concerned about their own population and not the wider EU position. In fact there seems to have been a distinct lack of action/coordination at EU level with this being one of the few EU initiatives I have seen

A few days ago when I last checked their website, by their own admission the Commission were doing feck all. The intergovernmental equivalent of handing out leaflets at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,837 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ITman88 wrote: »
    Very valid question, not the most balanced forum for an answer though.
    Someone alluded earlier 2 weeks is the maximum lockdown period, after that the economic and health issues of the lockdown outweigh any benefit of extending it.
    The UK are working on advice available to them, and they believe the approach they are taking is the best option for them.

Yes, it's not the economy that is of main concern but the societal impact. I think I saw a figure of four weeks being the maximum recommended number before the need to come back out of the lockdown again.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,517 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm a bit confused about all the fuss about people going out for a walk. I mean, myself and thousands of others are going back to work tomorrow. A Sunday afternoon walk is grand.
    I think the concern was the risk of a fall and sustaining injuries requiring hospital attention. Hence a suggestion of perhaps avoid walking cross country

Personally I think getting outdoors and a bit of exercise as well as fresh air has more benefits than downsides, but not if you're going rock-climbing and the like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Gynoid wrote: »
    Okay so for anyone who thought Hmmmm I might buy one of those 3M respirator yokes for the shopping trip when things get a bit worse...well...prepare yourself to be shocked. OUT OF STOCK is what you will see most frequently plus 125 quid at least unless you get on Amazon from what might be a somewhat dodgy dealer - I am still waiting weeks later for the 70% Isopropyl alcohol I so sensibly ordered before everyone thought about it.

So....well, Wibbs, are you up for trading one of those weird masks of yours when the sh!t hits the fan? My currency will be freshly-made chapattis...

You could give these people a ring: https://www.machinemart.co.uk/categories/?search=respirator

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A few days ago when I last checked their website, by their own admission the Commission were doing feck all. The intergovernmental equivalent of handing out leaflets at the airport.

They have no legal power to do anything much. Public health is controlled by each member state, not the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

amber2 wrote: »
    When you look outside at what a beautiful day it is today, no weather warnings this weekend, nature totally unaffected by what’s going on, it’s amazing just how vulnerable the human race is.

That’s if you take the view that we are outside nature. I don’t. But good post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'm a bit confused about all the fuss about people going out for a walk. I mean, myself and thousands of others are going back to work tomorrow. A Sunday afternoon walk is grand.

The moral arbiters on Boards have deemed it unacceptable, therefore it is unacceptable. That’s all.

Ireland will be fine going by the amount of medical experts on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

otnomart wrote: »
    Patients from Bergamo in Northern Italy have been transferred to Tuscany and even Puglia and Sicily (by military plane) to be treated in ICUs there.
    https://www.lastampa.it/topnews/primo-piano/2020/03/15/news/coronavirus-pazienti-da-bergamo-al-sud-con-un-volo-militare-1.38593783

Well, that’s what we would call a “brave” decision. If I tell an NCHD they’ve made a “brave” call that’s usually code for- “WTF did you do?”

I hadn’t known they were transferring people out... That’s a lovely human gesture but I don’t think it is the right call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Just wondering if everything closes except essential services would a vet be considered an essential service?

Heard nothing but I would imagine small animals might be deemed non essential and agricultural as essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Just goes.to show once.again how Events overtake.politics

• Registered Users Posts: 18,837 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

namloc1980 wrote: »
    They have no legal power to do anything much. Public health is controlled by each member state, not the EU.

Ditto with the borders, flights, public transport etc. These are all matters for the individual states....nothing to do with the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

amber2 wrote: »
    For me, today is the first sign of a Summer trying to break through. Though, there's an air of uncertainty of what Summer will bring. Will we have a job? Enough food? Will we be alive?

Scary times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

namloc1980 wrote: »

Plenty of economic measures they could be taking. Tbf to them, the EU is glacially slow at getting things done but still it would have been nice to see something from them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement