Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Good news is a slight slowdown in the rate of increase of new cases.

Bad news new cases are up on yesterday by 200 I think and that's the highest number of single day deaths so far by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Just had a friend ring me form UK asking if it was ok to drop up for a visit next weekend as he is over visiting his parents.. I politely told him to stay where he was. He honestly didn’t see what the problem was and said I was being dramatic and said if it was that serious the health authorities in U.K. would be doing more about it. This is a well educated man in a professional job . The mind boggles how a lot of U.K. residents are in the same mind frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I do appreciate that worry.

Do you appreciate though that without an "OTT lock down", you're talking of deaths in the 100k+ range?

In Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is that the one where you just hear a voice of a guy who says his mate works for Europacar?

Unfortunately fake news is lapped up by many as 100% true.
    A work colleague told me the Irish army are being mobilized to seal off the border tomorrow night/Tuesday morning.

The bit about EuropaCar is true. They have taken a lot of cars from them. Friend works for them and confirmed this. I think the stuff about the 8am announcement is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

patnor1011 wrote: »
    If mortgage payments will be defferred so be the rents. I do not see how any landlord will try and succeed to evict you.

This is how society breaks down. Just because the law is in the tenant side, doesn’t mean man’s lizard brain is. Things could get bleak if this recklessness continues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lundstram wrote: »
    Yeah.. People should not be throwing money at some random guy who set up a GoFundMe page. Our government are financially equipped to feed them.

Thats an idea. If the Govt sanctioned an official GoFundMe to ease the burden and channeled the cash towards doctors and nurses I'd donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Jesus.

Nope. It came from China not Mexico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

How did it go so wrong for Italy???

Their infection rate is the worst in the world.

They'll have as many deaths as the whole of China within a week if these figures continue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

walshb wrote: »
    In Ireland?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

patnor1011 wrote: »
    If mortgage payments will be defferred so be the rents. I do not see how any landlord will try and succeed to evict you.

I wouldnt put it passed some of the vultures but the thing is they need to change like everything else does. Keep their ridiculous rent prices high and they themselves can enjoy getting zero rent.

This isnt a time for greedy arséholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

China's numbers are a complete pile of rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Some of us will catch this virus and say 'Why me?'. However there'll be euphoria all over Europe in May 2021 when Eurovision is finally held, but spare a thought for those who met their Waterloo. Hopefully the vast majority of us will rise like a Phoenix.

To conclude, at the end of the day J'aime la vie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

ITman88 wrote: »
    How bad could the societal impact be?
    I know solitary confinement is a form of torture but are we talking total breakdown of law and order after 4 weeks?

People are only going to be in face to face isolation, they're still in constant contact 24/7 with whoever they wish through their phone, computers, gaming console etc. It really shouldn't be likened to solitary confinement. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,849 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Action groups have been set up in our, and the neighbouring, parish to run errands for those venerable or unable to get to the shops and to keep contact with those feeling isolated. I'm excluded from helping because I'm over 60 but would love to help out. This is when a community shows it's real power and compassion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

What's gonna happen to the UK with them delaying containment

Are cases going to skyrocket

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

How did it go so wrong for Italy???

Their infection rate is the worst in the world.

They'll have as many deaths as the whole of China within a week if these figures continue.

Because Chinas numbers are nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Christy42 wrote: »
    It isn't what he is doing. He is trying to get a vaccine and then sell it off to other countries while his own will be looked after either way (after it is developed).

Well I say looked after. I mean probably "free" to pay a massive amount to get it. Land of the free and all that.
    He's really looking to get reelected and this could put the kybosh on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He has to look after Americans first, its his job. If Leo had a vaccine that would help everyone in Ireland but he shared with with the world instead so that say, 25% of Irish were looked after, would you be OK with that?

The correct analogy would be Leo finding out an Irish company is working with a German company to build a vaccine, then us trying to buy the vaccine exclusively for us based on that.

Trump is a dirt bag for trying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I don't know how the world will get out of this mess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes.

I don’t think so..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

France moving towards herd immunity approach it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Can you explain what NSAIDs are ?
    Here you go
    Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are members of a drug class that reduces pain, decreases fever, prevents blood clots, and in higher doses, decreases inflammation.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Italy figures tell us also in ireland is not gonna be a few weeks issue or lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Just got a message from my sister who's a doctor that NSAIDs will seriously worsen the prognosis of someone who contracts this.

This was from an advisory from a consultant in Cork that 4 young people with no underlying conditions are seriously ill. All apparently on NSAIDs.

Crazy stuff

Have seen this mentioned on twitter today by a few reputable sources. A fever seems like it should be just left alone.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2693360/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Was only a week ago posters were saying to calm down and get.off the internet, this was.only a.cold

Now look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

spookwoman wrote: »
    done ... i think
    Great. Nice to see which countries when scrolling.

Could you freeze Col C (date) too next time you edit? You've frozen Col A-B.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

370 deaths in Italy good lord, they must have run out of the ICU beds today like they were saying last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Once again I'm only joining this now as have been at work since 7am.

Is there talk of mortgage deferrals? Or is that just boards speculation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

hblock21 wrote: »
    China's numbers are a complete pile of rubbish.

Definitely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement