Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

All pubs asked to close.
    RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

glasso wrote: »
    there may be some truth in that one even though not fully proven by any means- so if you get it better to stick to paracetamol

https://www.thelocal.fr/20200314/coronavirus-french-health-minister-issues-warning-over-anti-flammatories/amp
    Would be nice to have an expert weigh in on this. I had heard the same about ibuprofen, but then lots of misinformation out there, so not sure what to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

niallo27 wrote: »
    It's the only way, isolate high risk people. It has to be easier to expect the more vulnerable to go into lockdown than the whole country.

I’ve always thought this was the most realistic approach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Will be interesting to see how the corporates behave around the virus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

This is how society breaks down. Just because the law is in the tenant side, doesn’t mean man’s lizard brain is. Things could get bleak if this recklessness continues.

Nope. If people do not have income they cant pay the rent. There in no recklessness in that.
    And by saying nobody is going to evict them I simply mean that nobody is going to even start proposing thing like that in light of homeless crisis and current covid crisis.
    Besides, landlords will not need to pay mortgage for properties they rent too anyway.

That is not how society breaks down but throwing people who cant pay due to not their fault en masse is how society breaks down. You seems to forgot how many people currently live in rented accomodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

wadacrack wrote: »
    Have seen this mentioned on twitter today by a few reputable sources. A fever seems like it should be just left alone.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2693360/

I always was of the belief that a fever is the body actually taking action, and you would hinder it by taking medicine UNLESS it gets to a dangerously high level, which then requires treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭chewed

does anyone really think that kids will be back at school in 2 weeks? Also, can you really see the Junior and Leaving certs going ahead? Even if they do end up going back, there will have been so much disruption and even stress on some students. Not sure what they can do at this time, but I really doubt any schools will open up before the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

BREAKING

all pubs told to close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Just got a message from my sister who's a doctor that NSAIDs will seriously worsen the prognosis of someone who contracts this.

This was from an advisory from a consultant in Cork that 4 young people with no underlying conditions are seriously ill. All apparently on NSAIDs before admission.

Crazy stuff

The French government issued a similar advisorary last night.

Many people are stocking up on ibprufen because of its value as an anti fever drug. Please make sure to consult medical professionals and not just do the standard fever stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

Government calls on all public houses and bars, including hotel bars, to close from this evening until at least 29 March

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

NIMAN wrote: »
    Not really that cryptic.

Someone posted
    Surely the time has come to shut down non essential places of work for a couple of weeks

We all know its going to happen, hence Watch This Space.

I'm waiting to see, I work in a 'non essential' small business but would be vulnerable to infection or infecting with the number of people coming and going.

Owner is in total denial, so people will need to stop coming before a shutdown is considered or unless its ordered.

Just seeing a lot of local businesses making decisions to close here themselves.

I'm not even sure if I should go in or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    All pubs asked to close.
    RTE.
    Asked, or ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

is_that_so wrote: »
    Here you go

Does that include Calpol? for kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Pistachio19

Glad to see a cousin in NI keeping kids off school and others commenting that they are too. She also mentioned that pubs and restaurants have started to close there too (Derry). Hopefully many more parents will take a stance themselves and it will surely force school closures there asap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So it's pubs.

But not specifically restaurants? I know most were struggling anyway, but I wonder why not shut the lot? Cinemas and stuff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Are Italy releasing daily number of tests carried out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Correct call from the government on closing the pubs, action taken swiftly as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

laurah591 wrote: »
    Does that include Calpol? for kids

That's paracetamol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Once again I'm only joining this now as have been at work since 7am.

Is there talk of mortgage deferrals? Or is that just boards speculation?

Banks already said last Tuesday they would do something. EG BOI https://www.bankofireland.com/coronavirus-update/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Is Solphadeine an NSAID?

It contains NSAIDs and paracetamol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

leck wrote: »
    Asked, or ordered?

Asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

France moving towards herd immunity approach it seems

Can you not post this stuff without providing some context or links to what you are talking about? France is full the other way as reported everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think you will find most European countries have the same relationship with alcohol, you ever travel around italy, every cafe has people inside and out drinking away in peace. Now I do think we drink in excess but that's a different issue.

On Facebook it had images of city centres around Europe, Poland etc dead

Dublin, well like any normal weekend, probably busier

I had to do weekly shop this morning, held out as long as possible, people at 9 in morning queuing first of all but then arguing with staff because they couldn’t stock up on booze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

pjohnson wrote: »
    Meh take it with a pinch of salt. Seems to be one of "bantz" type posters.

Bantz?? Sure buddy. Not everyone has their panties in a twist yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Drinks industry spokesman 50,000 jobs gone overnight, due to closure request.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

BREAKING

all pubs told to close

Not told to close. Asked to close.
    Cant see any going against it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Downlinz wrote: »
    Correct call from the government on closing the pubs, action taken swiftly as well.

Dunno

Seems to be more piecemeal than anything to me

Are they going.to shutdown something else tomorrow

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,201 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's repeated in the OP - no medical advice, and that includes no recommendations or discussion of painkillers to take

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Pubs close as if the virus knows people are gargling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

leck wrote: »
    Asked, or ordered?

ORDERED. Albeit politely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement