Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Pubs close as if the virus knows people are gargling

What kind of inane comment is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Blueshoe wrote: »
    How about offices , shops and other businesses?

They will be next.

See what's happening in Italy? That'll be us soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

glasso wrote: »
    what did they say?

the vintners and their association in particular are a renowned group of bollic-k-s

In fairness the article I saw on RTE the vinters association were pretty strong in the condemnation of some pubs behaviour last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can no one see how pointless this is? How many people will be going back to work tomorrow. You need a full lock down or do what the UK is doing. Europe is some mess right now. Clueless

It’s not pointless. It’s a right step.

Complete lockdown (whatever that actually means) is not achievable. People will move around no matter what..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Good few pubs in Tralee and the surrounding area's were closing up tonight anyway until March 29th, some of them didnt open last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

All pubs to close, common sense prevails at last....

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Still no mention of closing all off-licences despite reference to COVID-19 parties. DOH, Harris on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Ellie2008 wrote: »
    Spent almost all of the last few days at home. Went for a drive this afternoon & everyone was out in the sunshine, loads of people along the seafront where I live, loads of kids, loads of old people, shops look fairly busy etc. I can’t marry the two it doesn’t feel real, my pea brain can’t process!

Took 3 chicks over your park this morning....lots of people over there....did notice though that no one was stopping and talking to each other...everyone kept moving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Actually today was the first day I observed social distancing where I am. Strange it wasn't done earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Id say Harris's own health will be in tatters after all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

The problem with lockdowns that the UK is in a dilemma about is if you have an entire lockdown, restricting the number of new cases, then things go back to normal and you get another huge spike in cases soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Is ireland update at 6 ??thks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭0127647

leck wrote: »
    Would be nice to have an expert weigh in on this. I had heard the same about ibuprofen, but then lots of misinformation out there, so not sure what to believe.

French Minister for Health tweeted it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Pubs closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Can no one see how pointless this is? How many people will be going back to work tomorrow. You need a full lock down or do what the UK is doing. Europe is some mess right now. Clueless
    Easy for you to say. They are trying to find a balance to keep people safe and not killing the economy dead in one foul swoop. We'd have the likes of you on here moaning they fcuked the economy in a few months if things improved.

There's a reason the likes of you hold no power.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

laurah591 wrote: »
    Does that include Calpol? for kids

Calpol is Paracetamol. Should be fine as it’s not a NSAID

glasso wrote: »
    what did they say?

the vintners and their association in particular are a renowned group of bollic-k-s only interested in their profits]

many (not all) of them would be more than able to dip into the profits to support staff

The whole we were going by guidelines. Anyone with half a brain would realize that closure is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Blueshoe wrote: »
    How about offices , shops and other businesses?

Just pubs. Certain posters seem to have a bee in their bonnet. All those “horse walked into a bar” jokes must have really offended those on their high horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Hedgehod55

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    What kind of inane comment is that?

You're better off ignoring, he's constantly posting absolute nonsense. He's either a troll, or unbelievably dense. To be fair, he's not the only one. Plenty of others who would be strong nominations for the Darwin award (facehugger, weldoninho, completedit etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Pubs close as if the virus knows people are gargling

You don't have the discipline to stay at home for a few nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Id say Harris's own health will be in tatters after all this.

Yeah man that Crohns is an awful bastard.

As I said before, much respect to the bloke. His life is on the line here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Off-licences remain open, Jesus wept!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hedgehod55 wrote: »
    You're better off ignoring, he's constantly posting absolute nonsense. He's either a troll, or unbelievably dense. To be fair, he's not the only one. Plenty of others who would be strong nominations for the Darwin award (facehugger, weldoninho, completedit etc).

Edgelords gotta edgelord.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

bekker wrote: »
    Still no mention of closing all off-licences despite reference to COVID-19 parties. DOH, Harris on RTE

Why would they need to close off licences? If people want to have a drink in their own home then they are perfectly entitled too. Alot different to going to the pub.

Every supermarket has one and they're still open

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yeah man that Crohns is an awful bastard.

As I said before, much respect to the bloke. His life is on the line here too.

Well said.

Politicians get an awful hard time off an awful lot of pr1cks..

Lazy ignorant pr1cks a lot of them. Without the energies snd enthusiasms of many politicians, we wouldn’t have functioning societies...

We are all people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

I imagine it's a phased shutdown to avoid widespread panic. They're gradually shutting down things, and the benefit to this would be that it's slowly limiting people intermingling which would hopefully create some breathing space for the health service to deal with the cases.

I would also imagine that there will be a phased reopening, and - if needed - a gradual shutdown again.

It's important not to create general shock in the population (we saw some elements of what happens with that last week) and to ensure that our health service can cope with the cases that will be piling up in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Started to have heart palpitations when he started talking about off-licences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Thousands out of work and more to follow in retail in the days to come, awful time for the country.

We're about to go back years economically, high levels of unemployment etc.

Hopefully we can get over it in the years to come

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement