Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

bekker wrote: »
    Off-licences remain open, Jesus wept!

You know the issue is people packing into pubs. Not the alcohol right? If we end up with 100 people in off licences they will probably go.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Is ireland update at 6 ??thks
    There is something now on RTE News Now with Harris but not the usual update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Why would they need to close off licences? If people want to have a drink in their own home then they are perfectly entitled too. Alot different to going to the pub.

Every supermarket has one and they're still open

Seems to be certain people’s quest in this crisis to stop any measure of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

joe40 wrote: »
    Exactly, going for a walk in the open air is fine. This is not going to be over soon. I went for a walk on the beach this afternoon, don't feel I put myself or anyone else at risk

I was going to do one today, but will tomorrow.

I was skeptical tbf, but Dr Tony Holohan who is leading our response said go to for a walk Yesterday. I'l trust him over a million online experts saying not to.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Rural isolation is exactly what we need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fast food joints...

Surely they have to be next? Mackers and the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

fritzelly wrote: »
    Started to have heart palpitations when he started talking about off-licences

you'd want to get that checked out...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Id say Harris's own health will be in tatters after all this.

He has aged some amount.

Weird position for them to be in. I thought they handled Brexit well and they are handling this well. And thanks to FG we have an emergency fund to throw at this too. But they’ll never be thanked for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    What kind of inane comment is that?

Better off ignoring him.

Thats the least of his inanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Jaysus George Lee - what about the rural pubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    So that's my partner out of a job then. Chef in gastro pub. What happens now?

Her survival rate increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Christy42 wrote: »
    You know the issue is people packing into pubs. Not the alcohol right? If we end up with 100 people in off licences they will probably go.
    Stocking up for COVID-19 parties, stupidity doesn't take a holiday because the pubs are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Seems to be certain people’s quest in this crisis to stop any measure of fun.

Personally I think if your going to close the pubs what's the difference with packing people onto darts into work tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

fits wrote: »
    He has aged some amount.

Weird position for them to be in. I thought they handled Brexit well and they are handling this well. And thanks to FG we have an emergency fund to throw at this too. But they’ll never be thanked for it.

I remember Pearse Doherty saying we need to spend the rainy day fund now on infrastructure.

Thank god we didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

The problem with lockdowns that the UK is in a dilemma about is if you have an entire lockdown, restricting the number of new cases, then things go back to normal and you get another huge spike in cases soon after.

Could be true .... well demonstrated here

https://youtu.be/nl6tTwxzCi8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

walshb wrote: »
    Well said.

Politicians get an awful hard time off an awful lot of pr1cks..

Lazy ignorant pr1cks a lot of them. Without the energies snd enthusiasms of many politicians, we wouldn’t have functioning societies...

We are all people.
    Very well said. Easy for people to sit on their fat arses firing abuse at politicans on FB, Twitter etc.

I think our guys are doing a great job so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Rural isolation is exactly what we need

Everywhere isolation is exactly what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Her survival rate increases.
    How do you know she was at risk? She'll certainly see an extended period of unemployment and all the health issues that can bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I hope that when the world is back to normal, that China is taken to task for their part in all of this, with their disgusting horrible live animal markets, where this all started from..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

He has aged some amount.

One job none of us would ever want.

He's only 33 years old.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Thousands out of work and more to follow in retail in the days to come, awful time for the country.

We're about to go back years economically, high levels of unemployment etc.

Hopefully we can get over it in the years to come
    Endless numbers of unnecessary deaths and at least 5 years of an economic depression

Thanks China/WHO/EU/Trump/HSE/Varadkar/Harris

He has aged some amount.

and the shinners got the seats primarily because of the housing issue

not being able to afford a house purchase in Dublin is suddenly not as high up the priority list as it was a few weeks ago...

it's all perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

moceri wrote: »

Now now. Weldoninho and the edgelords need their fun. Its easy to not give a feck about anyone when you've no family to care about.

I had to drive from Navan to Dublin to drop some supplies into my father in law who can’t get out much. He really needed it.

What shocked me was the amount of people out and about. People out walking, people stopped chatting, people going into shopping centres not for the supermarket, people going barbers etc. Kids out and about.

Almost all of it appeared to be very unnecessary!

What’s the point in closing anything if people just can’t stay in?

We need a much harsher message from our government and have choices taken away from us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Personally I think if your going to close the pubs what's the difference with packing people onto darts into work tomorrow morning?

Exactly, I get 2 buses in and 2 buses home. 3 hours travel time in total. Brainiacs in here will tell you that’s grand though, but don’t dare go for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lundstram wrote: »
    Very well said. Easy for people to sit on their fat arses firing abuse at politicans on FB, Twitter etc.

Exactly my feelings....

Only saying it to my wife today...people actually doing things for people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Again I offer thanks for those who created the ignore button. Every log in to this thread yields a greater harvest of deranged trolls and contrarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

Wonder if we went back to the polls would people give Leo more of a chance ,

Fingers crossed hoping for a low number this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lundstram wrote: »

Yep, like this effort below:rolleyes:
    Ohmeha wrote: »
    Endless numbers of unnecessary deaths and at least 5 years of an economic depression

Thanks China/WHO/EU/Trump/HSE/Varadkar/Harris

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement