Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

glasso wrote: »
    and the shinners got the seats primarily because of the housing issue

not being able to afford a house purchase in Dublin is suddenly not as high up the priority list as it was a few weeks ago...

it's all perspective

I voted other parties in the election.

FG are going right to the top for me next time around after their handling of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Seems to be certain peoples' belief that gargle > public health
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Alcohol purchases shouldnt be top of anyone healthy persons essentials.

what harm getting a few cans? really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    So that's my partner out of a job then. Chef in gastro pub. What happens now?

Grim I know but it's a deadly virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

So now they're finally closing the pubs where do we direct our ire? The UK's inaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Dancing with the Stars final is TONIGHT NOT TOMORROW!

Incase anyone cares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

KaneToad wrote: »
    Other govt recommendations include: those who can work from home should do so, shift patterns should be altered, breaks staggered...etc

The trick is to try and reduce the levels of normal social contact. By closing schools, pubs, and the above recommendations - this will be achieved.

The virus is here. People will get it. The objective is to delay it's spread so that health services can cope.

Yes all well and good but still by having people in work and on public transport you have close contact and areas for passing on of covid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Incase anyone cares

Just when you thought you'd heard all of the bad news....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Work in a restaurant in a hotel with a bar. 60 booked tonight. 95% French and English. With Templebar being closed we expect a huge spill ove into our place. Management have reiterated we wont be closing. Does the announcement this eve extend to hotels?

Yes hotel bars but from midnight tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

News stories like this don’t belong in random articles even if it is the guardian. Stories like this need to be verified and then communicated in a public sphere with widest possible audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I did a shop today and fingers crossed don't envisage having to be in a group of people outside the family until maybe next Saturday when I'll do a top up shop.

We don't go to the pub much anymore as we have two young kids. Plenty of alcohol, snacks and movies here for the wife and I.

Thankfully the weather was nice today so we spent a good bit of time in the garden and we took turns to go for walks in our rural area.

We can make good choices and still have a pretty nice time once people exercise some common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It shouldnt be but as we saw last night and with "virus parties". Thick fùcks literally cant be trusted to drink a few cans in a sane manner. The actions of the braindead alco's ruin it for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yes all well and good but still by having people in work and on public transport you have close contact and areas for passing on of covid

Exactly, I’ll spend 3 hours tomorrow on packed public transport, but it’s an OUTRAGE that I went for a pint earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Cans from an offie? No problem.You're drinking at home therefore limiting social interaction.

Consistently moaning about not being able to go for a few scoops at the boozer for a few days? You probably need to see someone after this crisis is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Vivienne23 wrote: »
    Wonder if we went back to the polls would people give Leo more of a chance ,

Fingers crossed hoping for a low number this evening!

He seems to do everything that people on here suggest (albeit a day late) so I'd have to say yes.
    • ban the parades
    • close the schools
    • close the pubs

I think next on the list should be to provision personal protection equipment for every medic that needs it and every person who can't work from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can't understand the need to go to the pub, surely mixing with degenerates half cut is the last place you want to be to maintain your health. If you need a drink simply buy a tray of cans at your local supermarket and drink them at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I had to drive from Navan to Dublin to drop some supplies into my father in law who can’t get out much. He really needed it.

What shocked me was the amount of people out and about. People out walking, people stopped chatting, people going into shopping centres not for the supermarket, people going barbers etc. Kids out and about.

Almost all of it appeared to be very unnecessary!

What’s the point in closing anything if people just can’t stay in?

We need a much harsher message from our government and have choices taken away from us.

Unfortunately, the numbers will need to keep rising quite a bit more and a few more deaths too, before many of these people wake up and make the necessary adjustments!

Measures may need to be enforced very soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Would they be as healthy a nation as us?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

Whats the harm in laying off it for a few weeks? really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Will restaraunts still sell alcohol? Will bars with restaraunts still open??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So now they're finally closing the pubs where do we direct our ire? The UK's inaction?

NI and Arlene I expect. She don't wanna move from UK directives.

Shut up the feck of all them in NI, and align with the rest of the Island FGS.

Red rag to a bull. Watch and wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭KaneToad

True. But hopefully not as many will usually be on transport, at the peak times. Particularly if govt actions/recommendations (homeworking, shift staggers, pub closures, school closures) are taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

walshb wrote: »
    Will Tokyo 2020 go ahead?

Japanese Prime Minister says definitely..

Japan to top the medals tables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Look, whatever you might think/have thought about FG in the past, and maybe voted SF now, fine.

But they are now in the thick of it, trying their best to get the best advice, make the right decisions and so on. Thankless task as a caretaker Government.

I for one don't care who the feck is in charge as long as they make the best decisions for all of us, and it's looking like they are. Fair play.

Massive FG adversary here.

They are stepping up to the plate and I stand with them. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Is China really recovering?
    Amid Virus Outbreak, China Suddenly Cancels Flights and Train Schedules in Major Cities

https://www.theepochtimes.com/amid-virus-outbreak-china-suddenly-cancels-flights-and-train-schedules-in-major-cities_3263123.html

Newly reported cases are drastically down, would say they are taking every precaution to prevent spreading to other cities, also there must be an element of guilt from that part of the world, at this stage they must be seen to be doing absolutely everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Blueshoe wrote: »
    How about offices , shops and other businesses?

You need food.

You need utilities.

You do not need to get pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

paul71 wrote: »
    The more I read in the thread the more I am starting to think that the group that needs isolating the most are the Alcoholics.
    Alcoholics are caught in an addiction, narcissism is the dominant character trait of such posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Incase anyone cares

Thanks be to jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Will restaraunts still sell alcohol? Will bars with restaraunts still open??
    You sound like you're panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

You need food.

You need utilities.

You do not need to get pissed.

It’s not that simple. So do the staff of these pubs. They need money to pay utilities.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Saying pubs should shut at midnight means nothing. It's not law. Gardai have no powers to enforce "should".

Politicians have to go through the correct motions to draft law and legislation.

But pubs should close out of the common good. Offices must be next

Marijuana should be temporarily legalised to help keep people indoors. Also free sweets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement