Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Exactly, I’ll spend 3 hours tomorrow on packed public transport, but it’s an OUTRAGE that I went for a pint earlier.
    Had you avoided going to the pub, you could have avoided maybe picking up the virus and passing it on to everyone on the public transport.. Every little helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I find myself getting surreal moments today . I look out and see the red tips on the flame of the forest and think “ oh lovely Spring is coming “
    Then I remember that its not Spring as we know it and feel a deep disappointment rise in me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Lundstram wrote: »
    Quatar has banned all airline passengers from Wednesday for two weeks. This is major news as Doha is a massive transfer hub.

Do you have a link? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Necro wrote: »
    Some still are. Out running and cycling on Sky News this afternoon.

You cannot legislate for outright stupidity.

I honestly cannot see the logic in not going for a run or a cycle. It is public gatherings that are the issue surely. How is one person running on their own going to lead to a spread? If it is <b>that</b> airborne then we need to shut down all work places (and any internal heating/air ducts in residential blocks)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Steer55 wrote: »
    God save Ireland the worst if this global pandemic.

When last we left Ireland in God's hands things didn't work out too well.

Thankfully Minister Harris puts his faith in science and not religious ideology.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

I think all retail outlets excluding food stores should close for teh foreseeable future.. We are relying the Government stopping the outbreak while people are inherently acting irresponsibly! Look at webcams form last night and even some places today...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Expecting the thread to go into meltdown in 5 , 4 , 3, 2 , ...''

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Is there any HSE update on figures today? I would expect there should be given the healthcare crisis we are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Simon Harris doesn't look in good shape on the news. Hope he's looking after himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

paul71 wrote: »
    Whats the harm in laying off it for a few weeks? really?

im heading to aldi to pick up a slab, or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People clogging up public transport and a&e are just as culpable as those in pubs. Don't let that get in your way of your outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Most the rural pubs near me will remain open thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

walshb wrote: »
    Will Tokyo 2020 go ahead?

Japanese Prime Minister says definitely..

Japan to win gold, silver and bronze in every event when no other countries turn up...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ficheall wrote: »
    Had you avoided going to the pub, you could have avoided maybe picking up the virus and passing it on to everyone on the public transport.. Every little helps..

That is way too advanced a concept and too many big words.

You forgot the ultra important "fun".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

How probable will it be that martial law is declared?

"The current Irish Constitution allows for martial law if the government declares a state of emergency, however capital punishment is prohibited in all circumstances, including a state of emergency."

Seems likely we'll declare a state of emergency based on the prep going on. Any suggestions on top tips for surviving martial law? I guess don't answer back is up there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mr.S wrote: »
    Requested to shut. I am sure we will see 1 or 2 remain open tonight.

And I bet some rural pubs will remain open
    A few non-compliant pubs are easier to target.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Mr.S wrote: »
    Requested to shut. I am sure we will see 1 or 2 remain open tonight.

And I bet some rural pubs will remain open

Rural pubs have operated a social distance policy for years or at least their patrons have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Simon Harris doesn't look in good shape on the news. Hope he's looking after himself.

He really doesn't. Hopefully everything is OK with him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

begbysback wrote: »
    Newly reported cases are drastically down, would say they are taking every precaution to prevent spreading to other cities, also there must be an element of guilt from that part of the world, at this stage they must be seen to be doing absolutely everything.

Do you really believe the figures out of China? Really? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 56,209 ✭✭✭✭walshb

People clogging up public transport and a&e are just as culpable as those in pubs. Don't let that get in your way of your outrage

Public transport is more a societal need than drinking..

Can’t cover every possible area. It’s about being logical, and using common sense.

But unfortunately, what we’ve all learned from this crisis, is that common sense is far from common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

For reasons seemingly unknown to the staff themselves OBriens off licences have directed stores to shut at 8pm tonight. Wonder what they know that we don't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Thought the same. Stress is a killer. Hope he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Do you think those in A & E are there for the craic? Moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

As others have said I'd assume that we have 2000 with the virus here now especially with the returnees from Cheltenham and many Italians before the close down last Friday.

That is one in every 2500 thousand. Doesn't sound like much but in a city how many people will you cross paths with in any day 400, 500? So give that a week and you may have been exposed.

Try to avoid indoor places with still air or being close to anyone for any length of time.

Buses, trains and dart should have disinfectant sprays on and people well spaced apart or they aren't safe from now on.

Cash is also a vector and should be avoided too,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

How probable will it be that martial law is declared?

"The current Irish Constitution allows for martial law if the government declares a state of emergency, however capital punishment is prohibited in all circumstances, including a state of emergency."

Seems likely we'll declare a state of emergency based on the prep going on. Any suggestions on top tips for surviving martial law? I guess don't answer back is up there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#Ireland

Exactly, dont be a smartarse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

You just keep telling yourself that. Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Cans from an offie? No problem.You're drinking at home therefore limiting social interaction.

Consistently moaning about not being able to go for a few scoops at the boozer for a few days? You probably need to see someone after this crisis is over.

I'm genuinely amazed at how little people can go without drink. I never thought Ireland had such a drink problem. Very sad. People seem to need drink the way they need food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

It’s not that simple. So do the staff of these pubs. They need money to pay utilities.

I know a lot of staff in my town. I am a bartender of 17 years and any I have talked to feel the same so.... I. DO. NOT. WANT. MONEY. IN. EXCHANGE. FOR. PUTTING. LIVES. AT. RISK.

But thanks for your concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Andrew00 wrote: »
    He really doesn't. Hopefully everything is OK with him

I’d say he hasn’t slept in days , can’t believe I’m worrying about Simon Harris a sign of the times ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Public transport should be less clogged now less people need to go to work with the closures. The alco's will probably be having vigils outside their beloved pub or crying into pillows so shouldnt be on it either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement