Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

paul71 wrote: »

Whats the harm in laying off it for a few weeks? really?

In these anxious times I’ll probably end up drinking twice my norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Toffeeboy wrote: »
    Restaurant and cafés can stay open
    Many offering takeout and free delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Border closing on Thursday?

Yep looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Jogging is the perfect solitary exercise you don't need a gym for. There are tracks, trails, beaches and hills for us to explore and enjoy.
    Its disappointing to see people wanting to continue with weekly park runs in large groups, or holding races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Xertz wrote: »
    I honestly think Simon Harris and probably quite a few other Irish ministers for health have been given impossible tasks over the years. In business the role would be called 'a widow maker' as it's basically a job nobody can succeed in. The ones who escaped unharmed tended to either disappear out of the job very quickly, or back some positive public health measure like the Smoking Ban.

I'm not saying the policies have been great or that the reforms have been radical enough to make a big difference, but they've been generally very well intended and I honestly think the comparisons with right wing Tories and all of that is a bit nonsensical. The system is a complex mess and has been for decades and needs radical reform.

All I could say is right now, he's doing a his best. He's communicating facts well and he's taken some pretty seriously tough decisions in the face of what are often very powerful vested interests and we haven't melted down into some kind of chaotic mess, as is apparently happening in some of our peer countries.

If out of this horror, a true public health system somehow emerges at least that will be something we can chalk down to the legacy of this nightmare.

Sometimes a crisis like this can be what changes a system. It's how the NHS emerged after WWII.

On a personal level though, I wish him well and hope we all succeed in this, no matter what nuance of Irish politics we're looking in at this from, we're all on the same page when its comes to this.

Well said.

I’m a floating voter and I am now also in the will vote FG next time camp. Tbf I'd have voted for them last time for the first time ever but for the RIC thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Scenes of Paris, Madrid etc empty, clowns here having a great time down the pub.

Some nation of morons.

“Scaremongering” yeah remember China welded people into apartments to stop this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

It’s not that simple. So do the staff of these pubs. They need money to pay utilities.

Fed up reading moronic posts.

I work in the food chain and I also have elderly folks I am terrified about giving it to them.:(

The pubs are closed stupid fooking selfish morons on top of each other getting pissed will spread this everywhere fast.

I assume you still want to eat?
    People like me will still have to go to work in the event of a full lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

appledrop wrote: »
    Holy F**k sounds like all airports could be shut after Thursday. Simon Conveny has just told anyone that's abroad to get home now even if holiday for to last longer as cant guarantee they will get home after that.

Hope they are

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Steer55 wrote: »
    They are handling this exceptionally well, when you compare them to the inept crowd across both sides of our shores they absolutely fantastic. Many more lives will be saved dye to their extraordinary decision making. Well done to each and everyone of our great leaders.

You are been ironic I take it? When you have the shambolic Health Minister call for "decency" of all things whilst retaining his deer in headlines gaze that reflect the reactive nature of the issues. They were incapable of slowing this down to manageable levels by weeks ago by restricting travel, as other countries had done. These people are in office mostly due to their ability to parrot progressive nostrums and grandstand but once a real crisis/black swan event occurs, unable to act unless it passes ideological muster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

FFS people are going to get sick or die people are going to become unemployed and all we here is drink drink.

Fck em, it makes it easier to pick out the sociopathic psychopaths and narcissists in your midst.

Self destructive types who you couldn't trust anyhow, they all deserve each other, hopefully nobody vulnerable in their circle with die from these goons irresponsible behaviour.

I say they should be ashamed of themselves, imagine being like them yeuuuchhh

Bunch of ragtags and crusty bitches lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Out with the kids at 9am in a large local empty demesne park.Had to get them out.In for the rest of the day then, bar time in and out of our small garden.If you have kids you need to find open space, not too crowded or we will all go totally cracked.It is very surreal to be going out on a 'normal' walk on a lovely spring day, then to arrive back to the apocalypse on this screen.We will get past this, we just have no perspective on it at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,328 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I've been thinking about what this all could do to the illegal drugs trade.

Will it become a bumper month for dealers , or will the sudden shutdown in middle class cash sloshing around and reduction in robbing opportunities for skag bangers decimate it?

Either way, I don't imagine the fallout will be great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

0.00338% of the population infected with the virus now.

Doesn't really have the same scary ring to it does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Don't call me a moron. You bollix.

LMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So 40 new cases today.

The thing about pubs is only advice right?
    I would think unless they are forced to a number will still stay open...especially with Paddy's day on Tuesday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Don't call me a moron. You bollix.

LMAO.
    This thread has everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Id say Harris's own health will be in tatters after all this.
    Have some empathy. He spent three days in hospital recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

25 in the east, 9 in the west and 6 in the south.

not seen a mention of a case in the midlands yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

im heading to aldi to pick up a slab, or two

Going to Aldi myself for a few bottles of wine. Drink tonight and go for a run tomorrow morning. All about balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Always has. A sandwich and vitamin d might help

You do realise the man is living with a serious autoimmune condition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Blueshoe wrote: »

Yes. Lucky that that's never going to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

No, and also when you consider Italy's rate is 0.03%.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Italy reports 3,590 new cases and 368 new deaths, raising total to 24,747 cases and 1,809 dead .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Still more than 0, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Plenty of economic measures they could be taking. Tbf to them, the EU is glacially slow at getting things done but still it would have been nice to see something from them.

You'd never hear the end of the "muh EUSSR" screeching if they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gmisk wrote: »
    So 40 new cases today.

The thing about pubs is only advice right?
    I would think unless they are forced to a number will still stay open...especially with Paddy's day on Tuesday...

Advice but honestly as hard as it might be it would stupidity in the extreme to not close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

appledrop wrote: »
    Holy F**k sounds like all airports could be shut after Thursday. Simon Conveny has just told anyone that's abroad to get home now even if holiday for to last longer as cant guarantee they will get home after that.
    I thought he was just talking about people in Spain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭paul71

Doubles every 3 days, do the math look at 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Italy reports 3,590 new cases and 368 new deaths, raising total to 24,747 cases and 1,809 dead .

Horrendous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

23 males, 17 females tonight, continues the trend of more men than women becoming infected in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement