Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Blueshoe wrote: »
    0.00338% of the population infected with the virus now.

Doesn't really have the same scary ring to it does it.

Lets keep it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Naggdefy wrote: »
    When I see Simon Harris I see Brian Lenihan 10 years ago. A man not in the whole of his health doing his best.

He’s not. He has an auto immune disease and is actually quite at risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ficheall wrote: »
    Had you avoided going to the pub, you could have avoided maybe picking up the virus and passing it on to everyone on the public transport.. Every little helps..

Or, being perfectly fine yesterday and today I could pick it up on the bus and infect where I work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Simon Harris doesnt look well. He is at serious risk surely of this virus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Fed up reading moronic posts.

I work in the food change and I also have elderly folks I am terrified about giving it to them.:(

The pubs are closed stupid fooking selfish morons on top of each other getting pissed will spread this everywhere fast.

I assume you still want to eat?
    People like me will still have to go to work in the event of a full lockdown.

I doubt him and the other edgelords want to eat. They seem to think the only essential required is the ALCOHOL. Not the brightest bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Agreed.

We need to keep our immune systems strong as chances are many of us will get it. A walk or run as long as you practice distancing and hygiene should be fine.

Tony O Holohan was advising people to go for a walk yesterday ffs.

What do people think about meeting a friend to a walk or cycle, observing social distancing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

shesty wrote: »
    Out with the kids at 9am in a large local empty demesne park.Had to get them out.In for the rest of the day then, bar time in and out of our small garden.If you have kids you need to find open space, not too crowded or we will all go totally cracked.It is very surreal to be going out on a 'normal' walk on a lovely spring day, then to arrive back to the apocalypse on this screen.We will get past this, we just have no perspective on it at the moment.

Going outside is fine as long as you stay well away from everyone and touch fcukall stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will the boozers on the ferries between here and UK be closed? Being Cypriot registered we probably have no power to enforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Lundstram wrote: »
    Simon Harris doesn't look in good shape on the news. Hope he's looking after himself.

He has Crohn's. Stress can play havoc with it and bring on flares of symptoms not to mention the personal stress of having a compromised immune system with this virus doing the rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Haven't read this thread at all lately because it's a f*cking nightmare

But have to ask this: How are our numbers of confirmed cases after the first two weeks since the first case comparing to every other European? Are we managing this better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

When one see people worrying more about alcohol than health you already know how the movie is gonna also end here...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You seem to be lacking a basic understanding of what the figure actually means. I’d certainly recommend you read more on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Advice but honestly as hard as it might be it would stupidity in the extreme to not close.
    True...but let's be honest some won't.
    It's not as if they will all be shamed into closing by social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Burts Bee wrote: »
    What do people think about meeting a friend to a walk or cycle, observing social distancing?

The walk or cycle is fine but meeting a friend isn't exactly social distancing. Unless you stay well away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Shn99 wrote: »
    Not seeing any of the large spikes like we have seen in other countries....Thankfully

Wouldn't quite get my hopes up yet ...new testing regime from tomorrow will result in more people getting tested than before, so expect a jump in cases

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about what this all could do to the illegal drugs trade.

Will it become a bumper month for dealers , or will the sudden shutdown in middle class cash sloshing around and reduction in robbing opportunities for skag bangers decimate it?

Either way, I don't imagine the fallout will be great.

Let's just say when this blows over the people you described will be a shell of themselves.
    This will sort out the wheat from the chaff, you'll see an upsurge of zero productivity and mood swings like never before.

The middle class sloshers will be the hardest hit, from Volvo to Roll Dough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Also what the **** are the uk at ? This rule Britannia mindset won’t save people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Or, being perfectly fine yesterday and today I could pick it up on the bus and infect where I work.

Its all about lessening the risk . You need to go to work on public transport you don’t NEED to go the pub . Do you not get that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Gael23 wrote: »
    He’s not. He has an auto immune disease and is actually quite at risk

Source ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

KaneToad wrote: »
    Do you think those in A & E are there for the craic? Moron.
    Don't call me a moron. You bollix.

Jeez, not even gone a day with a partial lockdown and people are at each other's throats, what are people going to be like after 2 or 3 weeks, never mind months!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Scenes of Paris, Madrid etc empty, clowns here having a great time down the pub.

Some nation of morons.

“Scaremongering” yeah remember China welded people into apartments to stop this.

I would have been delighted if that shower was welded into the auld dubliner last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I'd bet it's 10 times that amount and probably more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

How probable will it be that martial law is declared?

"The current Irish Constitution allows for martial law if the government declares a state of emergency, however capital punishment is prohibited in all circumstances, including a state of emergency."

Seems likely we'll declare a state of emergency based on the prep going on. Any suggestions on top tips for surviving martial law? I guess don't answer back is up there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#Ireland
    bekker wrote: »
    Not quite that straightforward, cf Irish Constitution Article 28.3.3, no Special Powers Act any more.

So would it be improbable in your opinion? I'm not so up on my constitutional law unfortunately. Might be worth reading up on if this gets as bad as it has. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

shesty wrote: »
    Out with the kids at 9am in a large local empty demesne park.Had to get them out.In for the rest of the day then, bar time in and out of our small garden.If you have kids you need to find open space, not too crowded or we will all go totally cracked.It is very surreal to be going out on a 'normal' walk on a lovely spring day, then to arrive back to the apocalypse on this screen.We will get past this, we just have no perspective on it at the moment.

Exactly. Locking yourself up in the house for weeks isn't an option. Stay in your family group, keep your distance from others but do get out and about in parks, pitches etc. Kids need to be assured and its a good time for families to spend time with one another. Make a positive out of a negative. Spent an hour hurling with my kids earlier. Wasn't in an asses roar of anyone else and got some fresh air.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You seem to be lacking a basic understanding of what the figure actually means. I’d certainly recommend you read more on the subject.

The figure means the current number of people in Ireland (republic) who have the virus as a percentage of total population. Nothing more

Right ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Source ?

Simon Harris has Chron's which has been well documented for many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

leck wrote: »
    Have some empathy. He spent three days in hospital recently.

I was having some thats why I said it. I know about his condition, I never warmed to him but I have empathy and respect for him. If only there could some kinda of national emergency gov formed where he could shoulder the burden with 2/3 others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Steer55 wrote: »
    They are handling this exceptionally well, when you compare them to the inept crowd across both sides of our shores they absolutely fantastic. Many more lives will be saved dye to their extraordinary decision making. Well done to each and everyone of our great leaders.

When and if things improve, they will still not be thanked for this.

The noisy voices clamouring for this and that will prevail. Oh and CHANGE, forgot that one.

A week is a long time in politics remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Im scared. Really scared.

The Chinese arent on top of this at all and have inflicted god knows what human rights ingringements on their people. The Italians are in a real bad way and its getting worse. The brits just dont give a ****e. All EU countries should close their boarders to the UK and we should put troops at boarder crossings with the North. Thats what the DUP want isnt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Is it not just Spain?
    appledrop wrote: »
    Holy F**k sounds like all airports could be shut after Thursday. Simon Conveny has just told anyone that's abroad to get home now even if holiday for to last longer as cant guarantee they will get home after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement