Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You seem to be lacking a basic understanding of what the figure actually means. I’d certainly recommend you read more on the subject.

The figure means the current number of people in Ireland (republic) who have the virus as a percentage of total population. Nothing more

Right ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Source ?

Simon Harris has Chron's which has been well documented for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

leck wrote: »
    Have some empathy. He spent three days in hospital recently.

I was having some thats why I said it. I know about his condition, I never warmed to him but I have empathy and respect for him. If only there could some kinda of national emergency gov formed where he could shoulder the burden with 2/3 others.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Steer55 wrote: »
    They are handling this exceptionally well, when you compare them to the inept crowd across both sides of our shores they absolutely fantastic. Many more lives will be saved dye to their extraordinary decision making. Well done to each and everyone of our great leaders.

When and if things improve, they will still not be thanked for this.

The noisy voices clamouring for this and that will prevail. Oh and CHANGE, forgot that one.

A week is a long time in politics remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Im scared. Really scared.

The Chinese arent on top of this at all and have inflicted god knows what human rights ingringements on their people. The Italians are in a real bad way and its getting worse. The brits just dont give a ****e. All EU countries should close their boarders to the UK and we should put troops at boarder crossings with the North. Thats what the DUP want isnt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Is it not just Spain?
    appledrop wrote: »
    Holy F**k sounds like all airports could be shut after Thursday. Simon Conveny has just told anyone that's abroad to get home now even if holiday for to last longer as cant guarantee they will get home after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    When one see people worrying more about alcohol than health you already know how the movie is gonna also end here...

I'm genuinely concerned there are enough of those kind of people that could very soon start pushing for a herd immunity type approach so they can go back to their pubs and watch their sport again.

I'm actually stunned how many people seem unable to cope after a couple of days of "staying inside", as if it were a form of torture to them. It's beyond comprehension. These people now seem like our biggest threat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

leck wrote: »
    Have some empathy. He spent three days in hospital recently.

I doubt he spent three days on a trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Source ?

He has crohns, its common knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Source ?

He has chrons .Can anyone Google anything for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I would have been delighted if that shower was welded into the auld dubliner last night.

im sure they would have too, for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Slovak Republic declared emergency. Everything is closed down apart from essential services. The only shops opened are grocery stores and pharmacies. Everybody should remain in home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

gmisk wrote: »
    So 40 new cases today.

The thing about pubs is only advice right?
    I would think unless they are forced to a number will still stay open...especially with Paddy's day on Tuesday...

Literally no words........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

bilston wrote: »
    I'd bet it's 10 times that amount and probably more.

Possibly. But pulling figures out of thin air is never best practice.
    If we all pulled figures out of thin air we wouldn't have even passed foundation maths. Don't guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Feels odd they can drink in the US and UK but not here for paddies day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Absolute horse manure

I'm no fan of FG, but after what I would consider a fairly disastrous handling of it, they are doing a much better job of it over the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

sdanseo wrote: »
    Simon Harris has Chron's which has been well documented for many years.

Sh1te job with that condition. Stress massively exacerbates it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Am calm for now, but fearful just the same.

Our trajectory is only going one way unless within a week or so there is full lockdown. We are ahead of the posse now, and need to maximise that benefit.

But sure who am I talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

For anyone wondering what that note exactly said on the cams in Temple Bar:

0013e7fe-521.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You just keep telling yourself that. Good lad.

I'm impressed by your ability to reply from your high horse

• Registered Users Posts: 24,185 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Source ?

My memory of the common public knowledge that Simon Harris is a sufferer of Crohn's disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

He has chrons disease.Can anyone Google anything for themselves.
    Nah, more interactive to call out posters

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Most the rural pubs near me will remain open thats for sure
    Ah - we've found him. I knew the Healy Rae's had a presence on Boards

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its all about lessening the risk . You need to go to work on public transport you don’t NEED to go the pub . Do you not get that ?

You are talking to a wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Will the boozers on the ferries between here and UK be closed? Being Cypriot registered we probably have no power to enforce.

We can force Dublin port to refuse them berthing. Job done.......... If they proceed, fire a shot over their bow ? After that I don't know but I guess sinking them would be too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Blueshoe wrote: »
    0.00338% of the population infected with the virus now.

Doesn't really have the same scary ring to it does it.

Things are tuning nasty now in this thread that the flow of drink is to be curtailed.

Board rules attack the post not the poster and you have painted a very large target on your posts.

Cop on ffs this thing is getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mosii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTFk34nhoI

Look at this link to you tube guys,this guy knows his stuff,this is going to peak in june, and by my calculations 40000 people to die. IN Ireland.Lockdown from tuesday ,i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Navanboyo

NIMAN wrote: »
    This exactly.

The Gov here are taking decisive action to curb this. Compare us to the UK if you want proof.

But you will still have many moaning about how the Gov aren't doing enough, they should do this, that etc.

Gov can't do this on their own. They need ALL OF US to help stop this virus. And we all can help.

Cannot see the logic in allowing non essentil retail to continue to trade, i would certainly close amusement arcades, betting shops etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My own view of the FG government of the last 10yrs is poor, and deservedly so.

That said, credit where it is due regarding or Covid-19 response.
    They have left us in a position where we have a budget surplus to throw at this.
    Harris and Coveney have been after the initial wobble, assured and more importantly reassuring in their handling of this.

Dr Holohan and the NPHET have grown into their roles, and after my initial severe reservations regarding their ability over the 1st few pressers.
    I honestly think that they are doing a good job of top level control and coordination of the HSE response.

Yes, more info would be good regarding the locations of cases but that is coming from next week.

The NVRL, I have many years of experience of process planning and improvement, throughput management and quality control in FDA/TUV accredited labs and plants.
    What that small team have achieved in ramping their daily throughput from 50 tests to over 660 per day is frankly incredible!

That team have undertaken a herculean task and the sooner our other labs can get up to speed with testing the better.

We are in a far better position than many of our European compatriots, and unbelievably more prepared than the UK.

Yes, from a few threads ago I and a few others have been vocal regarding our response.
    It is ramping up and if we can all cop on just a little it will pay huge dividends in shifting the curve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement