Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The point was made by my grandmother that she's never seen mass stopped in her life time. I couldn't think of a time when they would have closed. Whatever you think about the church good or bad, it's been a consistent part of Irish life through good and bad times. It does kind of wake you up to see them closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

hairyslug wrote: »
    How long should it take before we see the results of schools and pubs closing.
    alroley wrote: »
    2 or so weeks I'd say.

I'm much more pessimistic and think we'll see the results tomorrow and the next few days as health staff are forced to off load children at friends or elderly parents because of NO creche/school facilities.

They should have held fire until as close to April 6th they could when plans would already have been made by most parents for the Easter break

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

is_that_so wrote: »
    Who's telling us?

There was an Italian Doctor on Sky news last night who gave an interview from the center of it.

He was pretty fúcking clear what not to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,185 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

vladmydad wrote: »
    I think they’re doing it on webcams

No kiddin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Strumms wrote: »
    Just been to a Tesco in Dublin 9... shelves rammed , about 20 shoppers in the whole store which is a very very large one... everyone just strolling around to their hearts content having a relaxing shop. Zero signs of anything aside from a normal Sunday evening, no shopping rampages.

There are all over in the drink aisle killing each other.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Most the rural pubs near me will remain open thats for sure

My local will be open, just need to use the back door

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

You can be guaranteed pubs will be packed tonight as everyone knows it’s their last chance for a few for the foreseeable

Imagine not being able to consume alcohol in a pub?

What will we ever dooooooo?!?!!

Wish someone would like invent a shop, that like, when pubs are like closed, we can like, i dunno, purchase...alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Stop making silly statements like 40,000 people will die. Just over 3,000 in china have died. There are many variables to consider and you coming out with silly bold statements like that is not helping one bit, you are just as bad as all the fake crap thats doing the round on WhatsApp. Jaysus whats wrong with people.

You'd be very naive to believe the figures out of China. They are way way higher than they are letting on. They aren't welding people into apartments for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Blanco100 wrote: »
    not seen a mention of a case in the midlands yet
    They might be using the provences as north south east and west

I think this is true because I know there are a couple of cases in and around my midlands hometown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The point was made by my grandmother that she's never seen mass stopped in her life time. I couldn't think of a time when they would have closed. Whatever you think about the church good or bad, it's been a consistent part of Irish life through good and bad times. It does kind of wake you up to see them closed.

It's a pity they weren't closed for good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Do people think they bolted people in Wuhan into their apartment blocks for no good reason? For the craic?

What is it about us that makes us think we will be any different?

It’s an abominable arrogance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Spook_ie wrote: »
    They should have held fire until as close to April 6th they could when plans would already have been made by most parents for the Easter break

Does it not tell you how serious they think this is that they opted against that?

Seriously, i'm seeing people doubting the severity of this, as if they think the government has bombed the economy gleefully. Would it not make you take a step back for a moment and ponder that if the governments, not just of Ireland but accross the globe, are willing to drop a nuke on their economy that maybe, just maybe, it's more serious than you're realising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

What stopping people from walking into ticking bomb? If you don't name the town, village or city you don't what is happening there. Revealing, how the 40 people got it, and where will stop further spread in the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

edgy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,101 ✭✭✭✭elperello

There are all over in the drink aisle killing each other.:D

Dying for a drink?
    Or making it up as you go along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

Itssoeasy wrote: »

To be quite honest, during the Polio outbreaks it almost certainly should have been but, Ireland and much of the world was a far more superstitious and devout kind of place and that would have been seen as far more dramatic than it is now.

We're a lot more pragmatic about pretty much all aspects of life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

PsychoPete wrote: »

I hope every pub doing this loses their license

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Right okay thanks for missing my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭secman

Listen. You can still go buy a couple of slabs of booze in the offie and get liquored up at home.

So what's the problem?

Liquored up people tend to make bad decisions ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

Do people think they bolted people in Wuhan into their apartment blocks for no good reason? For the craic?

What is it about us that makes us think we will be any different?

It’s an abominable arrogance.

It was mentioned here earlier that they have started opening those locked apartments today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mosii

Stop making silly statements like 40,000 people will die. Just over 3,000 in china have died. There are many variables to consider and you coming out with silly bold statements like that is not helping one bit, you are just as bad as all the fake crap thats doing the round on WhatsApp. Jaysus whats wrong with people.

did you watch the video ,?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

elperello wrote: »
    Dying for a drink?
    Or making it up as you go along?

I don't drink.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

France moving towards herd immunity approach it seems

The French gov has changed approach in the last few days, first by closing schools and yesterday evening by closing bars, restaurants and non essential shops.

However, as per today, not everyone has got the message on social distancing.

Source: https://www.bfmtv.com/sante/coronavirus-des-rues-et-des-parcs-bondes-a-paris-malgre-les-nouvelles-interdictions-1875511.html

ETKkteeXYAE2PiP?format=jpg&name=large

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

You can be guaranteed pubs will be packed tonight as everyone knows it’s their last chance for a few for the foreseeable

Not where i live.
    Hopefully they'll be packed where you are, it'll give you something to give out about :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Most the rural pubs near me will remain open thats for sure

Both pubs in this rural parish closed last night. The one in our neighbouring parish also closed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

PsychoPete wrote: »

We will see how many of them stay that way when people concerned start reporting and they end up with huge fines.

That is if it is an actual directive to close. I am unclear if they have been asked or told they must close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Another 40 insane. Yet the government is proceeding to bring people home from Spain etc. without any screening? What the hell is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Listen. You can still go buy a couple of slabs of booze in the offie and get liquored up at home.

So what's the problem?

I don’t have one. House party sorted for Tuesday. Off on Wednesday. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What stopping people from walking into ticking bomb? If you don't name the town, village or city you don't what is happening there. Revealing, how the 40 people got it, and where will stop further spread in the community.

If you name the town then just like the mass panic you saw for the bog rolls, there'd be a bigger mass exodus out of the infected area spreading the infection elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Prob not true but still, could be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement