Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Axfrderr wrote: »
    That really is a problem, many people then develop infections just from being in hospital.

Can I just say no one suspected of having covid19 is being referred to EDs by GPs... Or anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just back from Aldi Limerick. Fairly quiet there. Drinks section getting bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,783 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

codie wrote: »
    I heard from a very reliable source the same. Tuesday is lockdown day

I'm sure when the 5000 military vehicles and 50k personnel needed to do this are on the move social media will be full of pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

1641 wrote: »

Yes burials are nit restricted as they are in an open air space

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

milhous wrote: »
    So you met a gp that referred you inappropriately in your opinion, therefore, all GPs are terrible. The ppl working frontline and are referring people directly to get tested, you think they're part of the problem?

Tldr: The front line health care workers putting themselves and their family at risk are part of the problem. Ffs

Pretty sure you've got the wrong end of the stick there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

George Lee saying reality is pubs and bars will be closed many weeks beyond the two weeks given.

While George revels in being the profit of doom, I'd say he's right on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just heard about a possible total curfew from Tuedsay onwards. Defence forces will be on patrol.
    Apologies in advance if it's fake news.
    We'll find out soon enough I guess.

I heard something similar and that army will be at supermarkets which will only open for a certain time period for so many

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Just heard about a possible total curfew from Tuedsay onwards. Defence forces will be on patrol.
    Apologies in advance if it's fake news.
    We'll find out soon enough I guess.

More scaremongering bull****. Tell us your source. Saw it on Twatter probably.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey serious question if my work is expecting to come to the office with over 100 other people on Wednesday even though we all have the resources and capabilities to work from home do we have any standing to refuse to come into the office?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Can I just say no one suspected of having covid19 is being referred to EDs by GPs... Or anyone.

Yeah you got the wrong end of the stick completely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

That is true... 12 to 18 months for a vaccine... the best chance we have now is that a new antiviral drug is developed quickly or that there is a positive result from some of the drug trials on infected patients in China.

There are already strong antivirals in nature. Many herbs and trees, silver...
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/antiviral-herbs#The-bottom-line

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

fritzelly wrote: »
    Reliable as in Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, friend of a friend of my seventh cousin removed who knows a friend of a guard[/QUOTE
    Reliable and not any of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

1641 wrote: »
    This is lethal and must be a big worry here:

"Six care home residents in Scotland have been diagnosed with coronavirus.

Highgate Care Home in North Lanarkshire said it had put in place “strict infection control measures” after it identified the positive cases of Covid-19.

Staff, residents and their families are being informed.

John Kirk, managing director of the care home, said: “The health, safety and wellbeing of our residents and colleagues is of paramount importance. As such, we are committed to doing everything we can to keep them safe.

“We are working closely with all the relevant bodies, including NHS Lanarkshire and Health Protection Scotland, as we implement our comprehensive contingency plan, which includes closing the home to all but absolutely essential visitors, and continuing to take steps to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and infection control.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/15/coronavirus-latest-updates-trump-tests-negative-as-spain-orders-nationwide-lockdown-uk-us-australia-italy-europe-global-economy
    Those people will likely die. That is why the UK strategy is not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

George Lee saying reality is pubs and bars will be closed many weeks beyond the two weeks given.

The two week thing is nonsense. It will be far far longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

So much bull**** doing the rounds on facebook, videos and photoshopped pictures of rented Garda cars with people taking recordings saying their friend of a friend who is 'in with' the government/gardai said they're doing this and that on such and such a time..

At this stage I doubt any of it is true. No confirmation from the news whatsoever yet.

The photos of the 'leased Garda cars' doing the rounds, are all photoshopped aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

It's going to be a lot longer than two weeks.

Interestingly enough, a poster earlier alluded to experts saying after 2-4 weeks restrictions will be lifted, due to societal disadvantages outweighing the benefits of lockdown!!
    Cant find the link now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

across the road from me on talbot street the pub has closed its shutters but its cleary packed and a right aul sesh going on in there. clearly this order to close isnt being heard very well in the city, can only imagine how its being dealt with rurally.

The minister clearly stated as of close of business tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

codie wrote: »
    I heard from a very reliable source the same. Tuesday is lockdown day

Ah sure if people keep posting deadlines about when the country is going into lockdown someone is eventually going to be right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

So you met a gp that referred you inappropriately in your opinion, therefore, all GPs are terrible. The ppl working frontline and are referring people directly to get tested, you think they're part of the problem?

Tldr: The front line health care workers putting themselves and their family at risk are part of the problem. Ffs

Do you speak English?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

leavingirl wrote: »
    Oh...

The false positive results for COVID are off the charts, according to this study published in a medical journal.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32133832?fbclid=IwAR3KtTRFTp9eb0aA-8ThVONEMGeGhecOnjMJtIblbClp8ufahx71HOFSWdg

Has Trump got it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

The video of the British cyclist in Spain might be an overreaction to the likes of this:

https://twitter.com/VivaElReyDeEsp/status/1239211245070422016

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Going to be carnage at the dole offices - how are people temporarily laid off going to get money? They can't rock up to social welfare offices, they'll be locked down.

I posted on this earlier, see below:

Necro wrote: »
    For anyone affected by potential layoffs:

If you have a public services card: Go to the following site and set up a MyGovID account

https://services.mywelfare.ie/

If you can't do this then follow step 2.

If you do not have a PSC or are unable to apply for assistance online:

Call your local office tomorrow. They will advise on activation of an account, or post you the application forms directly.

Please, please do not go into the Intreo centres, we are trying to contain the virus not spread it.

I am led to believe there will be online applications for Supplementary Welfare Allowance and Illness Benefit released by the end of March as well.

Anyone affected by COVID-19 and having a positive diagnosis or medically asked to self isolate should contact Illness Benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey serious question if my work is expecting to come to the office with over 100 other people on Wednesday even though we all have the resources and capabilities to work from home do we have any standing to refuse to come into the office?

Ask any colleagues that you have contact details for to back you up. Strength in numbers

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I heard something similar and that army will be at supermarkets which will only open for a certain time period for so many

Well thats horsesh1t anyway. Army at supermarkets, never heard anything so daft. Any idea how many supermarkets in this country? Why would we need army at the supermarkets, they've cleaned the places out already only for it to be replaced the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

So much bull**** doing the rounds on facebook, videos and photoshopped pictures of rented Garda cars with people taking recordings saying their friend of a friend who is 'in with' the government/gardai said they're doing this and that on such and such a time..

At this stage I doubt any of it is true. No confirmation from the news whatsoever yet.

The photos of the 'leased Garda cars' doing the rounds, are all photoshopped aswell

They're actually not pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Dr Michael J Ryan, Executive Director at WHO.

A brilliant off the cuff answer to a question at a recent virtual press conference. "The greatest error is not to move" and "speed trumps perfection" when it comes to dealing with an outbreak.

In fairness, the sort of emergency medical response needed right now, is totally new to practically everyone in the developed world. The expertise needed is mainly confined to those who have had to deal with horrible epidemics like Ebola. Unfortunately his plea to go in hard and early has not been evident in the response of most western countries, and the sad result is unfolding before our eyes.

I wish he was back here in Ireland directing our response to this horrible virus.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1238504143104421888

F me that guy is impressive

Question: if a proper 'lockdown' is announced, do people who can't work from home still go in? This semi lockdown (closed schools, anyone who can work from home is recommended to do so, social distancing) is becoming less semi all the time (with recommendations against travelling and closing of pubs for example). What's the next step? Will all workplaces close?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Limited opening hours and creating queues of people desperate for food sounds like a great plan to limit people interacting in close proximity to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

threeball wrote: »
    No it was because SARS only because infectious after a few days of symptoms so was easy to track and isolate the carriers. But don't let the truth get in the way of a good race based comment

I said it was contained. This disease has been a potential pandemic since January.
    • majority of people didn't give a sh!t then.
    • nobody* calling out for vaccine then
    • nobody* sending ventilators / face masks to china
    • nobody* gave a ****e about ebola in the Congo / west Africa

Only when it's on our door steps do people care about where the vaccine will come from. We should care more about people who suffer epidemics no matter where they occur in the world. We should also allocate global resources to help them deal with it.

* nobody = 95% of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

George fk'in Lee. I remember that guy from the last recession. He seemed to be aroused more and more as more companies closed and more people lost their jobs. What a c*nt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement