Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Apparently Donald Trump has offered a blank cheque to the German company working on a vaccine for the US to get priority supply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Why would they just lock down Cork? That makes zero sense at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Or face execution?

Or he can't guarantee their return.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Did you read the Independent article you linked?

And on the reinfection thing, they are not sure if it’s a new infection or if the old infection was dormant. It’s far too soon to know that. Research papers that clearly haven’t been peer-reviewed are being rushed out and are sloppy to say to the least (patient names appearing on CT scans included, for example, shows the lack of attention given). As for mutations, virologists seem to think it’s not a particularly quick to mutate virus at this early stage.
    This has been mentioned at the briefings and they offered up a range of possibilities of what it might or might not be.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Screamer is a dreamer so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,778 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Trump live now, no baseball cap on him today, things got serious pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    SO the new text going around now is

Just to let you know ins speaking to my friend who is a guard and just out from conference..full lock down being announced at 11 tomorrow to come into effect from Tuesday. Shops will only be opened for a certain amount of time each day with army outside only allowing certain amount of people in each time. And max 100 people allowed to queue. He said make sure you buy bottled water and any baby stuff required. He could be for 2 weeks or 30 days and is up for review after that. Hospitals have been told to be prepared for Tuesday and army and fire service be prepared for Wednesday. Fire brigade will possibly be used for ambulance duties also.

I just dont know why you need to buy bottled water? are they turning off the water?

I have no idea why the requirement for bottles water . . . . It’s as if the post is . . . I dunno . . rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's totally mindbloggling to me that our company (like yours, in 50+ markets worldwide) is currently being ran from kitchens and living rooms across Europe. The last 2-3 weeks have changed the way we work massively.

Can you comment on how successful its been, will home working suddenly be the norm after the virus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Germanys death rate looks to be about .1%, same as flu, how are they managing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Beware of the ides of march!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,148 ✭✭✭✭walshb

NDWC wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is absolute bollocks.

It might not be word for word true, but surely we can expect changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

I see Diceys in Dublin decided to ignore the closure order and are staying open for one more night, pure utter greed, shameful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Can we stop with the lockdown is coming at x time posts.

Its complete crap

Agreed. The bush telegraph (pre-internet days) is currently going nuts with this lock down story from internal sources. I've had two elderly relatives independently call me this evening to tell me to stock up, they heard it from a niece who is dating a Garda - so it must be true. :rolleyes:

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Fia11 wrote: »
    Lots of rumours about Cork shutting down. This country is tiny. What's the point in attempting to 'lock down' one county?

The sooner the better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Beware of the ides of march!

Et tu Brute?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's totally mindbloggling to me that our company (like yours, in 50+ markets worldwide) is currently being ran from kitchens and living rooms across Europe. The last 2-3 weeks have changed the way we work massively.

Same here it's been an eye opener for me.

So many people working from home that we are getting insight into each others lives and actually interacting more virtually

Cant see it being anything but a positive for the future.

But probably not the thread for it in the face of posters facing uncertainty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

I said it was contained. This disease has been a potential pandemic since January.
    • majority of people didn't give a sh!t then.
    • nobody* calling out for vaccine then
    • nobody* sending ventilators / face masks to china
    • nobody* gave a ****e about ebola in the Congo / west Africa

Only when it's on our door steps do people care about where the vaccine will come from. We should care more about people who suffer epidemics no matter where they occur in the world. We should also allocate global resources to help them deal with it.

* nobody = 95% of people.

It was contained and shortlived so no need or financial incentive for a vaccine. This one behaves very differently and is being treated as such. When ebola kicked off it was "white people" that ensured there was a cure. Your post holds no truth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Why would they say make sure to get bottled water? Doesn't make sense

Seems like nonsense. And yet, I saw the eejit living nextdoor to me unloading packs and packs of 2 litre bottles of ballygowan from the boot this evening. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The sooner the better.
    Can't shut down the capital, boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

The Spanish lady who is infected being consoled by her kids after her husband died covid-19 just on the news there. Kids balancing comfort and not getting infected....****ing heartbreaking stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Loughc wrote: »
    Screamer is a dreamer so.

Screamer ready for lockdown, whether it be tomorrow or later this week. All I’m saying is better to be ready than surprised. I’m no dreamer in fact lately it’s just nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I see Diceys in Dublin decided to ignore the closure order and are staying open for one more night, pure utter greed, shameful
    Closure order is from midnight tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,750 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can we have a rumour source or ban policy from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,778 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Who falls for this crap?

Backward feckers who hang CD's on their rear view mirror to eliminate speeding tickets :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They’re closed from tomorrow on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

screamer wrote: »
    I’ve heard bigger lockdown will be announced at 11 tomorrow. Fairly reliable source so I for one am ready.

It's not reliable.. it's a poxy WhatsApp message that I've seen myself.

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Irish economy is going down the drain again.
    We're going to be going back years again now. Some places that close may never reopen

It’s beyond thinking what the next decade or so will be like in the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Irish economy is going down the drain again.
    We're going to be going back years again now. Some places that close may never reopen

Seems the 10 year boom bust cycle isn't too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HalfBlues

Me and a few others getting out of the US on one of the last few flights. Holiday cut short 6 planes and 4 or 5 airports in 3 days does this put us in the high risk category and have to self quarantine.

• Advertisement

screamer wrote: »
    Screamer ready for lockdown, whether it be tomorrow or later this week. All I’m saying is better to be ready than surprised. I’m no dreamer in fact lately it’s just nightmares.

Great what’s your source so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement