Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

I see Diceys in Dublin decided to ignore the closure order and are staying open for one more night, pure utter greed, shameful

The closure order is from midnight, isn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

fifth wrote: »
    Seems like nonsense. And yet, I saw the eejit living nextdoor to me unloading packs and packs of 2 litre bottles of ballygowan from the boot this evening. :rolleyes:

Ballygoon more like..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Sunday 15th March . . .

UK / NHS confirmed cases 1,372
    IRL / HSE confirmed cases 0,139

• Registered Users Posts: 23,705 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Irish economy try world economy.

Worlds changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,148 ✭✭✭✭walshb

is_that_so wrote: »
    Closure order is from midnight tonight.

Sound, so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

YFlyer wrote: »
    I doubt those living in Costa de Crime be flying back by Thursday.

Unless to keep the supply chain open 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

fifth wrote: »
    Seems like nonsense. And yet, I saw the eejit living nextdoor to me unloading packs and packs of 2 litre bottles of ballygowan from the boot this evening. :rolleyes:

In fairness i bulk buy bottled water regularly. I dont like tap water. I would have about three 6 packs of 2l bottles in my house most weeks. Maybe its just his regular water purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

HalfBlues wrote: »
    Me and a few others getting out of the US on one of the last few flights. Holiday cut short 6 planes and 4 or 5 airports in 3 days does this put us in the high risk category and have to self quarantine.
    You should self-quarantine. Don't wait for someone to tell you to.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We're trying to alter the curve, not prevent it happening . With everyone pulling in same direction we'll get it done in two weeks. Then slowly try to deal with it case by case while still continuing with a new norm of distance and hygiene as we go about our lives. The trouble is UK, People over there will seek a way out, and Ireland will be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Are we presuming that gyms and the like will be closed for an extended period - such as 2 months?

Thinking of popping down to Elverys to get in some home gym essentials but wouldn't do so if they will only be closed for 2 weeks.

Surely things won't actually be reopening as the numbers growth worsens?

Anyone wanting to go to a gym at the moment needs their head examined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

NDWC wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is absolute bollocks.

Sick of hearing the same "a good source told me"
    There's a good wan goin around
    My uncles plumber who was working in Leo varadkars office was taking to his goldfish who was in a tank with another fish a week ago and he heard there's a lock down coming but get the shopping in....... "
    I'd say its the super markets putting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There is no planned lockdown to be enforced by the Defence Forces on Tuesday.

Source: Me.

Unless I hear that, from you! On WhatsApp via a video with you holding up either orders or a dead chicken...
    It's just a rumour :P

I mean who even are you!

You could be just thanks whoring round here in your facking fancy trousers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just got sent this by a mod so I assume it's real and not made up by anyone :eek:
    Get your posts in while you can

qZ3jmvU.png

;):rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    SO the new text going around now is

Just to let you know ins speaking to my friend who is a guard and just out from conference..full lock down being announced at 11 tomorrow to come into effect from Tuesday. Shops will only be opened for a certain amount of time each day with army outside only allowing certain amount of people in each time. And max 100 people allowed to queue. He said make sure you buy bottled water and any baby stuff required. He could be for 2 weeks or 30 days and is up for review after that. Hospitals have been told to be prepared for Tuesday and army and fire service be prepared for Wednesday. Fire brigade will possibly be used for ambulance duties also.

I just dont know why you need to buy bottled water? are they turning off the water?

I love the line about the baby stuff, niiiice touch.

Cops are always thinking about baby stuff, they are sound like that.

Bottled foooooking water, plleeeeeeaaaaaaase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

wylo wrote: »
    Germanys death rate looks to be about .1%, same as flu, how are they managing that?

Good question here the comparison with France which is stark given they have comparable overall numbers

France 5,423 +924 127 +36
    Germany 5,813 +1,214 11 +2

edit from a euronews feature
    How come fewer people are dying from COVID-19 in Germany than elsewhere?
    At a press conference last Wednesday, Prof. Dr. Lothar H. Wieler, President of the Robert Koch Institute in Berlin said, "From the beginning, we have very systematically called upon our doctors to test people."

He added that the German system can provide "testing to a high degree so that we can easily look into the beginnings of the epidemic."

Wieler also explained that this is just the beginning for Germany. "If you imagine an epidemic like a curve [...] then there are countries that are simply further" into the progression of this epidemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

NDWC wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is absolute bollocks.

The thing that got me was that the hospitals need to be ready for tuesday, is everyone just expecting to get sick on tuesday out of no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

8 weeks😟

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

is_that_so wrote: »
    Closure order is from midnight tonight.

There is no closure order. Pubs and clubs have been ASKED to close until March 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I never realised I had so many friends who were friends with a guard with all these stupid what’s app messages

• Registered Users Posts: 18,822 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Seems the 10 year boom bust cycle isn't too far off.

I think this is very different to 2008. The threat to consumer and market confidence comes from a virus. If the virus can be beaten back, confidence should return quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

All pubs were closed by this morning.
    Cafes followed this evening.
    Supermacs is meant to be closing also.(In my town)
    GYMs and fitness places also.
    Other small shops also.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,583 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Re: whatsapp rumours of army at supermarkets.

We're working from the same script as Italy and Spain, they are just a stage ahead.
    Is the army at supermarkets there?
    Our next lockdown will be their current stage.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    SO the new text going around now is

Just to let you know ins speaking to my friend who is a guard and just out from conference..full lock down being announced at 11 tomorrow to come into effect from Tuesday. Shops will only be opened for a certain amount of time each day with army outside only allowing certain amount of people in each time. And max 100 people allowed to queue. He said make sure you buy bottled water and any baby stuff required. He could be for 2 weeks or 30 days and is up for review after that. Hospitals have been told to be prepared for Tuesday and army and fire service be prepared for Wednesday. Fire brigade will possibly be used for ambulance duties also.

I just dont know why you need to buy bottled water? are they turning off the water?

My brother is a current relatively high ranked member of the army and he is literally on annual leave for the next week. I'm calling bull**** on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭matthewmurdock

Anyone wanting to go to a gym at the moment needs their head examined

That's not what I said at all but don't let that get in the way of the outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

How are people feeling about meeting their elderly parents? I'm going to avoid physical contact with them, but ring them daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

I see Diceys in Dublin decided to ignore the closure order and are staying open for one more night, pure utter greed, shameful

They don't call them diceys for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

screamer wrote: »
    Screamer ready for lockdown, whether it be tomorrow or later this week. All I’m saying is better to be ready than surprised. I’m no dreamer in fact lately it’s just nightmares.

I am all for closing the airport etc.. but I would be weary of the scaremongering..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Just heard some breaking news from Whatsapp. Truly terrifying.
    505767.JPG

Only one man can save us now - someone call Jackie Charlton

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

wylo wrote: »
    Germanys death rate looks to be about .1%, same as flu, how are they managing that?

Because they have ways of making you talk.

Don't forget ,

" We ask the questions "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement