Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

We're trying to alter the curve, not prevent it happening . With everyone pulling in same direction we'll get it done in two weeks. Then slowly try to deal with it case by case while still continuing with a new norm of distance and hygiene as we go about our lives. The trouble is UK, People over there will seek a way out, and Ireland will be it.

What are u on about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    How are people feeling about meeting their elderly parents? I'm going to avoid physical contact with them, but ring them daily.

Same as.. doing the shopping for them and leave it in porch

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

HalfBlues wrote: »
    Me and a few others getting out of the US on one of the last few flights. Holiday cut short 6 planes and 4 or 5 airports in 3 days does this put us in the high risk category and have to self quarantine.

Have you been in contact with someone who was diagnosed as having the virus?

Are any of the places you visited on the HSE list?

If yes to either, self quarantine.
    If both no, your grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Regarding a lockdown ... The government does not have the power to call a lockdown here. They ditched the legislation around this a few years ago as part of a legislation clean up.

As Gavin Reilly, from Virgin Media said, "And on the latest WhatsApp ‘total lockdown’ message - which, again, is total horses***: the State literally doesn’t have the power to even enforce the pub closure in law. It didn’t have the power to enforce a curfew during Emma or Ophelia. What makes you think they have it now?".

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1239262361816649734

i.e. New legislation is needed if a lockdown is to occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

No social distancing from Trump during the press conference here. They're all packed in together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

The lockdown nutters dont seem to have basic reasoning.

1. A soft curfew that forces all businesses to close at 6 will probably happen. With EVERYWHERE closed I dont think many people will be out after dark anyway and wouldnt really been strict enforcing.

2. The Army isnt going to be patrolling the streets making sure you are in doors. The army will be put to better use providing support for the health service and other key infrastructure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

How are people feeling about meeting their elderly parents? I'm going to avoid physical contact with them, but ring them daily.

Very skeptical. Visited my grandmother this evening but left after 10 mins when I normally stay an hour. I have a runny nose as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'd be sceptical : Simon Coveney says Irish citizens have until Thursday to return from Spain

Maybe this person has a better source than Simon?:):P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Hope it’s not too late for Harry and Meghan to change their minds about leaving the cocoon they were complaining about.

You feeling all right? Fever...sore throat?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Anyone wanting to go to a gym at the moment needs their head examined
    I wanted to but they closed on me! Lots of surprisingly good behaviour there over the last few weeks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    SO the new text going around now is

Just to let you know ins speaking to my friend who is a guard and just out from conference..full lock down being announced at 11 tomorrow to come into effect from Tuesday. Shops will only be opened for a certain amount of time each day with army outside only allowing certain amount of people in each time. And max 100 people allowed to queue. He said make sure you buy bottled water and any baby stuff required. He could be for 2 weeks or 30 days and is up for review after that. Hospitals have been told to be prepared for Tuesday and army and fire service be prepared for Wednesday. Fire brigade will possibly be used for ambulance duties also.

I just dont know why you need to buy bottled water? are they turning off the water?

Fire brigade will possible be used for ambulance duties?

FFS the fire brigade do ambulance duties all 24/7 365 days a year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Just heard some breaking news from Whatsapp. Truly terrifying.
    505767.JPG
    Omg I heard this as well
    505773.jpg
    Well you have to wash your hands with soap and use sanitizer before entering most food factories.
    We’ve installed extra sanitizer around the place.
    Sick people are sent home immediately.

We produce raw products for cooking, so it’s not an issue.
    The virus is transmissible before symptoms appear. So little research has yet been done about the life of this virus on surfaces that there's no way of knowing if any food in shops is contaminated. Freezing or cooking may not kill the virus.

We bought and cooked dinners three weeks ago and froze them in bulk for the next few months. Still no guarantee, but much less of a chance of picking it up from food from then. While we're using that, we've fresh veg from the garden as well and there'll be fruit in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Re: whatsapp rumours of army at supermarkets.

We're working from the same script as Italy and Spain, they are just a stage ahead.
    Is the army at supermarkets there?
    Our next lockdown will be their current stage.

Italy didnt lock down as quick as we have so we are not on the same script

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

With the lack of activity, we'll see a change in the landscape.
    Giving nature a rest, maybe the lockdown will give us all time to reflect and get to know our loved ones better and ourselves.

Hope we'll all not loose any loved ones.

I warned my dad to look after mum, he will anyhow as he's not a drinker or goes out much.
    They're one of those couples who have a healthy relationship, helping each other out etc.

Mums 78 dad's 67 they got married in 1972.

Only found out her real age last year when she was held up in hospital, the nurse said Maggie you're 78 give yourself some slack.
    The cat was out of the bag then.

She's been very sick for the last ten years, and has hypertension, diabetes and arthritis.

Only in the last six months she's accepted she's not well and in way better form, despite all the pain and meds she's happy and content.

Only thing is if she gets this it'll kill her.

And possibly I wouldn't be able to say good bye, this is the seriousness of the situation.
    Unable to say goodbye or do anything.

This is going to happen to quite a few people, and parents and grandparents will not be able to say goodbye to grandkids, kids, friends etc

That's why maybe some of us are pissed off with people doing the opposite to the suggestions.
    Its not because we think they're bad people, more thoughtless than anything.

For those who have a healthy relationship with their parents...
    All those years today's old people held us in their arms and we cried tears and they loved us so much, put us through college, bought us our first dollhouse, garrage, tape, cd, record, fishing rod, barbie doll, levi's, doc martens...

Kicked us up the arse for being little ****s, grounded us etc

I don't want to not be able to say good by properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

All pubs were closed by this morning.
    Cafes followed this evening.
    Supermacs is meant to be closing also.
    GYMs and fitness places also.
    Other small shops also.

Lol

No wonder supermacs was offering free meals.to the emergency services

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Can any mods verify if the site is is being shut down?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Macdarack wrote: »
    Sick of hearing the same "a good source told me"
    There's a good wan goin around
    My uncles plumber who was working in Leo varadkars office was taking to his goldfish who was in a tank with another fish a week ago and he heard there's a lock down coming but get the shopping in....... "
    I'd say its the super markets putting it out.
    Jesus and I always heard goldfish memory lasts 3 seconds. I'd say either the plumber is a cowboy or your uncle is telling porkies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

HalfBlues wrote: »
    Me and a few others getting out of the US on one of the last few flights. Holiday cut short 6 planes and 4 or 5 airports in 3 days does this put us in the high risk category and have to self quarantine.

You are obviously on the web.. ignore all the “doctors “ on this forum, check out HSE.ie and do what they say

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

banie01 wrote: »
    Unless I hear that, from you! On WhatsApp via a video with you holding up either orders or a dead chicken...
    It's just a rumour :P

I mean who even are you!

You could be just thanks whoring round here in your facking fancy trousers ;)

It's on Wednesday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

The fact our government doesn't have the power to enforce a lockdown worries me.

That's anarchy and chaos next.

If they don't have the power to control this then who does?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Fire brigade will possible be used for ambulance duties?

FFS the fire brigade do ambulance duties all 24/7 365 days a year!

Ahh I know its BS...

Sure I guess someone posted the one from last night that for some reason the Garda rented cars from Europa and the HSe just bought them out :P:P:P:P

Like you need to go to Europa, not just to VW or Ford direct and buy the f**king cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

screamer wrote: »
    So think about it. If we manage to flatten the curve and have enough or more icu beds than needed, and if the uk continue with their current plans their health system will be totally overwhelmed ala Italy. Where do you think sick uk people will run to get treatment?

Haven't a clue but I doubt it will be to somewhere that most of them think is still part of the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

time for the Dail to pass some laws to bring in curfews and lockdowns

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

It goes way back to the actual producer of the product eg. farmer for food

People might not be as dismissive of the farmers after this is over. Nothing but ****e talk about how if your unsustainable you close your business and we'll bring it in from Brazil and other crap talk. Indigenous food is our greatest resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

You must involve the elder community but keep them at a distance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Gael23 wrote: »
    Can any mods verify if the site is is being shut down?

Hope this isnt true, this is a vital outlet for some who are home for the next while ect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tuesday at 11am.

How come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

The fact our government doesn't have the power to enforce a lockdown worries me.

That's anarchy and chaos next.

If they don't have the power to control this then who does?

And..... I’m outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Macdarack wrote: »
    Sick of hearing the same "a good source told me"
    There's a good wan goin around
    My uncles plumber who was working in Leo varadkars office was taking to his goldfish who was in a tank with another fish a week ago and he heard there's a lock down coming but get the shopping in....... "
    I'd say its the super markets putting it out.

So your uncle's plumber has a fetish for fish hmmmmm Interesting. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

No sign or boris at all something not right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement