Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Gael23 wrote: »
    Can any mods verify if the site is is being shut down?

Why would a website, which can be administrated remotely be shutdown ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

The fact our government doesn't have the power to enforce a lockdown worries me.

That's anarchy and chaos next.

If they don't have the power to control this then who does?

The lizard people

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Very skeptical. Visited my grandmother this evening but left after 10 mins when I normally stay an hour. I have a runny nose as well

She told you to f**k off. I would, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

wellwhynot wrote: »
    Pseudonym121

Thanks for posting. I have a few questions you may be able to answer:

Dr. John Campbell said Vitamin D could help stop the virus getting into your lungs. What is your view on that?

There have been reports that chloroquine is being used to treat and remdesivir on a compassionate basis. Do we have access to these drugs?

When will we see peak in Ireland?

I know we got our first official case on March 1. When do you think it arrived here?

TIA

Vitamin D has shown efficacy in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). But I assume you wont get any benefit with bolus dose. It will likely help someone who has been on regular dosage for quite sometime and was deficient earlier.

Remdesivir randomized control trials are still under progress. We will have update in few months. Chroloquine seems to act as ionophore where you need to take zinc too. Not sure about the trials though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

All Carraig Donn stores close until further notice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Gael23 wrote: »
    Can any mods verify if the site is is being shut down?

Fcuking hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ah I get that, but there are so many things wrong with the message if you even spare a moment to think about it logically.

- "Army" to be posted outside shops. Logistically, how could that even be feasible. Every shop!?
    - Water bottles. So now the water supply will be turned off (???)
    - Baby products. Odd thing to be specific about. Nothing to suggest the supply chain of these products is going to be effected. We know this.
    - Fire Brigade as ambulance staff. This already happens, all firemen(persons?) are trained paramedics.

A quick search on Twitter brings up tons of threads that references some form of the message.

https://twitter.com/Julie_birch1210/status/1239288784681910276

Christ. I give up.

If I was Julie I'd be more concerned about my bad hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Shn99 wrote: »
    Hope this isnt true, this is a vital outlet for some who are home for the next while ect

Yes would feel the same way. Can be operated remotely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And..... I’m outta here.

OK.

So if they can't enforce a lockdown as people here say can you tell me what happens when people go out during a lockdown?

Is it BS?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Michael Flatley just rang me to tell me boards.ie is shutting down to avoid the web server catching the virus, can a mod confirm???? please this is a vital source of info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

925 new cases in France and 36 deaths. Apparently all of these cases are serious and require hospitalisation, seems like a huge number.

Almost 700 new cases in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Scared of catching this on way to work then giving to parents older relatives that’s what scares the me the most about all this

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

time for the Dail to pass some laws to bring in curfews and lockdowns

The WHO doctor spoke of this today, there are no rules, just do what you need, the biggest error is not moving fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Mr.S wrote: »
    I strongly urge you not to use this thread as a source of vital information.

A vital outlet for people to talk and interact...but ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    How are people feeling about meeting their elderly parents? I'm going to avoid physical contact with them, but ring them daily.

I’m avoiding mine. My dads going through cancer treatment at the moment so I have to really.
    It’s tough going though but FaceTime is great.
    It’s going to be ridiculously hard to stay away though as the weeks go on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

The fact our government doesn't have the power to enforce a lockdown worries me.

That's anarchy and chaos next.

If they don't have the power to control this then who does?

Ofc the government has the power to enforce a lockdown. It's already there in the Health Act 1947, see section 31 and the second schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I see Diceys in Dublin decided to ignore the closure order and are staying open for one more night, pure utter greed, shameful

Agree with you its greed.

But it's not an order. They've all been asked to close from midnight but it's not an order. State doesn't have the legislation to order a closure

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

wakka12 wrote: »
    925 new cases in France and 36 deaths. Apparently all of these cases are serious and require hospitalisation, seems like a huge number.

Source on that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

The WHO doctor spoke of this today, there are no rules, just do what you need, the biggest error is not moving fast.

Doctor Who said what??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ahh I know its BS...

Sure I guess someone posted the one from last night that for some reason the Garda rented cars from Europa and the HSe just bought them out :P:P:P:P

Like you need to go to Europa, not just to VW or Ford direct and buy the f**king cars

That is true actually, why would they buy them when they can rent then for the period they need them for.

They hired a whole fleet of cars, planning ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Reati wrote: »
    Why would a website, which can be administrated remotely be shutdown ?

Cos, internet can transmit viruses!!!

Can't be too careful, I'm typing in gloves, from a PC in a Faraday cage with 4 AV suites running!
    My 32gb of ram are well able for it tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

All pubs were closed by this morning.
    Cafes followed this evening.
    Supermacs is meant to be closing also.
    GYMs and fitness places also.
    Other small shops also.

What about Supermac’s drive thru’?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Why would they just lock down Cork? That makes zero sense at the moment.

especially as it seems dublin is getting more daily cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭Cody montana

#PrayforLidl

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Im noticing a common theme and every bit of information thats clearly false involves the army, as a barometer for the next few weeks, if somebody mentions army theyre shovelling sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not long in from a shift working in prison. The prisoners are actually showing some fantastic order and it's weirdly pleasant. They accept visits are culled. They accept things are tough outside. They're even doing that elbow to elbow gesture instead of the usual ''bro'' handshake with each other and wishing the officers well on top of that. It's a funny old world in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Something insightful on Newstalk sport this afternoon when they were criticizing the Cheltenham idiocy.

We should not only be acting like we should be protecting ourselves from the virus, we should presume we have it and should be protecting everyone else from ourselves.

I've been acting like this for a while but good for someone in the media to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Why is the site being closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think this is very different to 2008. The threat to consumer and market confidence comes from a virus. If the virus can be beaten back, confidence should return quickly.

I think this is worse than 2008. In 2008, a big part of the reason we fell apart was we were building too much housing and it was too easy to get a mortgage. Anybody who wanted had a house to live in, as we had truly been booming for nearly 20 years.

A lot of people in 2020 have just about managed to pick themselves up from last recession, and were entering this next one in a housing crisis. Forget about the rebuilding Ireland, etc etc. Tax receipts for March/April will be enough to put an end to major projects before they even get off the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Just heard some breaking news from Whatsapp. Truly terrifying.
    505767.JPG

Thats bullsh1t cos our secret bunker is under Hill 16 not Area 51

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement