Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

Beware of the ides of march!

Good God! I never made the connection before, it's my wifes birthday.

The ides of March are come.
    Aye, Caesar, but not gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is there ANY hope that come March 29th the measures that are being enacted will have slowed down the spread of the virus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Gael23 wrote: »
    Why is the site being closed?

It's fooking not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

28 countries worldwide with over 200 cases now, with a further 18 with more than 100 cases

More than 10% of all deaths in the 12 week long pandemic occurred today also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Tell me you’re joking. Put a smilie in please....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not long in from a shift working in prison. The prisoners are actually showing some fantastic order and it's weirdly pleasant. They accept visits are culled. They accept things are tough outside. They're even doing that elbow to elbow gesture instead of the usual ''bro'' handshake with each other and wishing the officers well on top of that. It's a funny old world in there.
    Thanks for your service in what's surely tough conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,099 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That is true actually, why would they buy them when they can rent then for the period they need them for.

They hired a whole fleet of cars, planning ahead.

They could go on Donedeal and get them cheaper.

I have a nice 09 Vectra worth the money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The woman to the right of Pence does genuinely look concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Addle wrote: »
    What about Supermac’s drive thru’?!

Just to clarify it's only the one in my town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

#PrayforLidl

Who is up for robbing a digger? we all need bread before the lock down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can any mods verify if the site is is being shut down?

And that is why whatsapp is as bad as a virus

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

wylo wrote: »
    Germanys death rate looks to be about .1%, same as flu, how are they managing that?
    They're recording for example a cancer patient who has caught covid, and dies as cancer being the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

antodeco wrote: »
    Just back from Aldi and Lidl. Both very empty (people wise). Still managed to get the 1 cnut who was Hocking and coughing and basically following me around the shop

You sound like a lad I was talking to who was spitting those words about people coughing. And there was the same lad lighting up a cigarette.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Tell me you’re joking. Put a smilie in please....

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe so

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's travel that spread it widely in Europe, so when you look at USA you'd have to wonder what is going to happen over there.

Capturevfaq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think this is very different to 2008. The threat to consumer and market confidence comes from a virus. If the virus can be beaten back, confidence should return quickly.

I think this is worse than 2008. In 2008, a big part of the reason we fell apart was we were building too much housing and it was too easy to get a mortgage. Anybody who wanted had a house to live in, as we had truly been booming for nearly 20 years.

A lot of people in 2020 have just about managed to pick themselves up from last recession, and were entering this next one in a housing crisis. Forget about the rebuilding Ireland, etc etc. Tax receipts for March/April will be enough to put an end to major projects before they even get off the ground

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe so

You are fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,816 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is there ANY hope that come March 29th the measures that are being enacted will have slowed down the spread of the virus ?

Yes! Not easy to quantify it but the scientists think it is 100% possible to slow the virus using the steps already announced (and to slow it even more with more drastic steps).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Puddin9999

I think a stint on a respirator is a horendous thing to contemplate regardless of how old you are and even more so for those who smoke or the vapourisors among us

Perhaps the younger generation should think about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Doctor Who said what??

Stupid, unfunny post of the thread award attempt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When's The RTE Coronavirus Bumper TV Guide due out in shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    They're recording for example a cancer patient who has caught covid, and dies as cancer being the cause.

If I'm understanding correctly = if ireland uses same recoridng criteria as Germany we would have 0 deaths.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Can any mods verify if the site is is being shut down?

Should I start panic posting:eek:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

You need to expand on that a Lil.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

scotchy wrote: »

Yes in the Christmas forum. We can do with the business. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

This thread is like a giant IQ test. The results are more terrifying than the virus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

No sign or boris at all something not right

I just got off the phone to him. He is watching Belgravia on ITV and spending the night in Chequers. Early chopper to Downing Street in the morning.

He bitched about you... he said he reckons you are clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Itssoeasy wrote: »

2 weeks from now? Not a hope, sure the Cheltenham crowd will be in the depths of it by then and damage control from that.

We are probably looking at 3 months minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

The virus gets into the main server which then broadcasts it to users logged in through wired mice and keyboards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

scotchy wrote: »

There’s enough of that in this thread already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement