Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I was told total lockdown on Tuesday. This is madness.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1239262361816649734?s=21

So mad it’s not even real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is there ANY hope that come March 29th the measures that are being enacted will have slowed down the spread of the virus ?
    Unfortunately to a limited degree cos punters have to go to the pub, Cheltenham, Anfield, Old Trafford etc

For some reason autospell was insisting on Enfield on the above list. Maybe knows more than it's letting on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    They're recording for example a cancer patient who has caught covid, and dies as cancer being the cause.

Ugh thats what China originally were doing in the beginning, recording covid deaths as pneumonia or organ failure.

Im super surprised at Germany being this lax in their medical reporting, the main cause of death should always have any underlying or affecting conditions tacked onto it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Renjit wrote: »
    Vitamin D has shown efficacy in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). But I assume you wont get any benefit with bolus dose. It will likely help someone who has been on regular dosage for quite sometime and was deficient earlier.

That's why I couldn't get my usual
    5000iu vit d tablets! My usual pharmacies were sold out and I never thought why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not long in from a shift working in prison. The prisoners are actually showing some fantastic order and it's weirdly pleasant. They accept visits are culled. They accept things are tough outside. They're even doing that elbow to elbow gesture instead of the usual ''bro'' handshake with each other and wishing the officers well on top of that. It's a funny old world in there.

Probably planning an escape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭joeguevara

is_that_so wrote: »
    Aren't pubs closing from midnight anyway?

It was initially being reported that the order comes from special legislation and is a requirement, it has become clear that it is only a request from the Government. Now this is a tricky one because if it has not been Legislated, there is no enforceable requirement to do so. See request here https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/20fc58-all-pubs-advised-to-close-until-march-29/

The Gardai are in an awkward situation as if there is no public order issue or breaches of Directions with regard numbers then they can’t arbitrarily shut it down. There appeared to be no policing of numbers in Temple Bar last night so there may be some wiggle room.

But even if they did close the bar at midnight. (Some reports do say closing time so if a late licence could be 2), there will be kick out time. Then as there is no place to go, large crowds will probably loiter as taxis will be few and far between.

But, the pr1cks (whoever directed the opening) are scum with no disregard for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Announcement tomorrow at 11am according to my budgie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No.

Correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This thread is like a giant IQ test. The results are more terrifying than the virus.

More failing than passing

To be honest watsapp is worse......people 100% certain the army is shutting the place down at 11 tomorrow.....no matter what I say, they know better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

I think this is worse than 2008. In 2008, a big part of the reason we fell apart was we were building too much housing and it was too easy to get a mortgage. Anybody who wanted had a house to live in, as we had truly been booming for nearly 20 years.

A lot of people in 2020 have just about managed to pick themselves up from last recession, and were entering this next one in a housing crisis. Forget about the rebuilding Ireland, etc etc. Tax receipts for March/April will be enough to put an end to major projects before they even get off the ground

Lads. I have to tell you some news. The global economy has been falling BEFORE this charade. The biggest global depression was coming in any case. Now the cabal and the criminals will be claiming 'the virus' caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Watching the US here now, they seem to be moving quickly and decisively. Be interesting to see can they contain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This thread is like a giant IQ test. The results are more terrifying than the virus.

There's a fair few posters here who leave tongue trails on windows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

By who FFS ? I've been told load of stuff over the years, but nearly none of it was true.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Why dont the government hand out some sort of surgical masks to everyone ASAP and have it mandatory if you leave your house to wear one. I know its not gonna stop the spread but surely would help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes in the Christmas forum. We can do with the business. :P

Awe Christmas! I remember that. Seems like a Million light years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

threeball wrote: »
    People might not be as dismissive of the farmers after this is over. Nothing but ****e talk about how if your unsustainable you close your business and we'll bring it in from Brazil and other crap talk. Indigenous food is our greatest resource.

It may be a positive from this that farmers do get a fair price for produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Trump was right about one thing

Fake news

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

New York City shutting down all schools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's hard to watch flight radar and see

Paris to Dublin
    London to Dublin
    Manchester to Dublin
    Malaga to Dublin
    Amsterdam to Dublin
    Liverpool to Dublin
    Lisbon to Dublin

so on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

People being welded into their homes in Wuhan, police vans driving around deserted European streets telling the public to stay inside. Italians being questioned in the streets as to if their journey is to the pharmacy or for food and if not sent home....

And someone suggests similar here and is laughed out of the place.....

There were those laughs last week when people said the St Patrick’s Day festivities would be cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    More failing than passing

To be honest watsapp is worse......people 100% certain the army is shutting the place down at 11 tomorrow.....no matter what I say, they know better

You're quoting the messages from WhatsApp ffs.

People need to stop listening to these bullsh1t rumours, anyone claiming they know when a lockdown will happen is talking out of their arse.

There probably will be one, it could be tomorrow or it could be 2 weeks from now but nobody knows and again anyone who claims they do is a fvcking liar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Just heard someone posing as Red Cross members calling to vulnerable peoples homes, pretending to be testing for the virus and we'll you know the rest.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Aine Lawlor said on the News at One on Thursday we were already on lockdown.

Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

In how we go about our business and interactions tomorrow can we presume that we all have the virus and act accordingly.

This mentality can curb the spread and save lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭paul71

threeball wrote: »
    People might not be as dismissive of the farmers after this is over. Nothing but ****e talk about how if your unsustainable you close your business and we'll bring it in from Brazil and other crap talk. Indigenous food is our greatest resource.

Or the CAP. The CAP was the EU answer to providing food security on a continent that is the heaviest populated part of the world. Our farmers produce food at a loss and all the moaning of the last 30 years about wasting EU money will now see the light of a crisis put upon it.

Thankfully we are food secure because of our farmers and CAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Loughc wrote: »

Gavin Reilly is not, to my knowledge, a solicitor/barrister. The government absolutely does have the power to enforce a lockdown but to my knowledge, they'd prefer not to have to resort to laws and if they did, would rather a more up to date and specific law than the Health Act 1947.

See here: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/government-and-garda-can-use-extreme-powers-to-tackle-covid-19-1.4200108

New York City shutting down all schools.

About damn time, should have happened days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think this is very different to 2008. The threat to consumer and market confidence comes from a virus. If the virus can be beaten back, confidence should return quickly.

Global debt is more than twice what it was when bad debts triggered the last GFC. The tsunami of unemployment and business about to go under is going to cause an even bigger debt crisis, so good luck with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement