Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Just heard someone posing as Red Cross members calling to vulnerable peoples homes, pretending to be testing for the virus and we'll you know the rest.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Aine Lawlor said on the News at One on Thursday we were already on lockdown.

Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

In how we go about our business and interactions tomorrow can we presume that we all have the virus and act accordingly.

This mentality can curb the spread and save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

threeball wrote: »
    People might not be as dismissive of the farmers after this is over. Nothing but ****e talk about how if your unsustainable you close your business and we'll bring it in from Brazil and other crap talk. Indigenous food is our greatest resource.

Or the CAP. The CAP was the EU answer to providing food security on a continent that is the heaviest populated part of the world. Our farmers produce food at a loss and all the moaning of the last 30 years about wasting EU money will now see the light of a crisis put upon it.

Thankfully we are food secure because of our farmers and CAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Loughc wrote: »

Gavin Reilly is not, to my knowledge, a solicitor/barrister. The government absolutely does have the power to enforce a lockdown but to my knowledge, they'd prefer not to have to resort to laws and if they did, would rather a more up to date and specific law than the Health Act 1947.

See here: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/government-and-garda-can-use-extreme-powers-to-tackle-covid-19-1.4200108

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

New York City shutting down all schools.

About damn time, should have happened days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think this is very different to 2008. The threat to consumer and market confidence comes from a virus. If the virus can be beaten back, confidence should return quickly.

Global debt is more than twice what it was when bad debts triggered the last GFC. The tsunami of unemployment and business about to go under is going to cause an even bigger debt crisis, so good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sort by number of cases and sot by number of days since first case. I'm using China patient zero back in November. The USA Has to be walking.

TJFDckp.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Expecting a blanket shutdown in the next 24-48 hours. I foresee closures for at least a month. Some places sadly may not re open.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,805 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Just heard someone posing as Red Cross members calling to vulnerable peoples homes, pretending to be testing for the virus and we'll you know the rest.....

I'd hope that's an urban myth...but feck me if it's true then that is about as low as it gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anybody else looking forward to watching the corona virus on reeling in the years in few years time

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Irish times employee has tested positive- their building is closed for at least 48 hours.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/member-of-staff-at-the-irish-times-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-1.4203722?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Im genuinely shocked at the general mentalness of Irish people.

Yer all fcukin' stone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Anybody else looking forward to watching the corona virus on reeling in the years in few years time

Honestly , no .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I was told total lockdown on Tuesday. This is madness.

I hear there is an announcement tomorrow morning at 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Why dont the government hand out some sort of surgical masks to everyone ASAP and have it mandatory if you leave your house to wear one. I know its not gonna stop the spread but surely would help!

How will it help if as you say it's not going to stop the spread?

And how will all these masks be distributed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Loughc wrote: »

I wouldn't be so sure about Gavin Reilly's comment. Even if they don't have a law on the books at the moment, they can push through legislation quickly enough when they need to - remember the head shops sudden legislation and closure?

They could even do it illegally and damn the consequences - not a great idea, but certainly an option when you have an army sworn to serve the state.

I don't know about total lockdown at 11am on tuesday, but I would have no doubt that whatever needs to be done could be enforced, if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

How did Ireland fair out with the spanish Flu Epidemic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Why dont the government hand out some sort of surgical masks to everyone ASAP and have it mandatory if you leave your house to wear one. I know its not gonna stop the spread but surely would help!

Short answer
    Mainly because we don't have any. #winning

Long answer
    They don't work and we should give them to emergency services because they don't have enough.

We should aim to break transmissions wherever they occur so get Ryan tuberidy to do a lesson on late late on how to wear them.

We should beg China for a tiny fraction of their supply which would cover us immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭hawkwing

dockysher wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for another mass?
    Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Im genuinely shocked at the general mentalness of Irish people.

Yer all fcukin' stone mad.

Wait till the last of the alcohol leaves our veins.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Someone tested positive for cocaine.

thats-how-the-cocaine-which-was-mixed-in-the-kebab-got-29361387.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

It's like something out of a Stephen King book, the one where they were trapped in the big "bubble".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

93% of active cases in "mild" condition.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

Is everyone sick to the b0llix of hearing that you can get mass online.

Like who gives a w@nk about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You know what I'm glad I didn't get on whatsapp like people said I should have because the amount of ****e that's going around there seeminlgy unchecked is unbelievable. I mean not everyone likes the government and other experts in this country but jesus h Christ if they say something believe them and until they do then it's not official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

It's like something out of a Stephen King book, the one where they were trapped in the big "bubble".
    Just wait until 21 million Irish people die and they cut off the ESB and water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m looking forward to being around to :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement