Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tuesday at 11am.

Wait til they find out about the Arm... but whist... I have said too much....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

holyhead wrote: »
    Expecting a blanket shutdown in the next 24-48 hours. I foresee closures for at least a month. Some places sadly may not re open.

I don't know what to believe now. Gombeens spreading fake news have made it impossible to decide what true. What makes you think this will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

obi604 wrote: »
    Is everyone sick to the b0llix of hearing that you can get mass online.

Like who gives a w@nk about this.

Never wanked to Mass? A good aul sermon tug can't be bate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

fritzelly wrote: »
    Just got sent this by a mod so I assume it's real and not made up by anyone :eek:
    Get your posts in while you can

;):rolleyes:

That's nothing I heard the the Irish government has ordered Usenet to be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

syngindub wrote: »
    How did Ireland fair out with the spanish Flu Epidemic ?

800,000 infections 23,000 dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Wait till the last of the alcohol leaves our veins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,432 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

It's hard to watch flight radar and see

Paris to Dublin
    London to Dublin
    Manchester to Dublin
    Malaga to Dublin
    Amsterdam to Dublin
    Liverpool to Dublin
    Lisbon to Dublin

so on...

why? planes are near empty i'd say. air travel is off the table

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Short answer
    Mainly because we don't have any. #winning

Long answer
    They don't work and we should give them to emergency services because they don't have enough.

We should aim to break transmissions wherever they occur so get Ryan tuberidy to do a lesson on late late on how to wear them.

We should beg China for a tiny fraction of their supply which would cover us immediately.

If they don't work then why do emergency services need them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

There are people who hold their faith in high regard and who seek solace in their faith in troubled times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

All the people nodding their heads in this press conference leads me to believe the US is fooked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

syngindub wrote: »
    How did Ireland fair out with the spanish Flu Epidemic ?

800k infected, 23k dead

Should be stressed though that most people were living in poverty and those in the cities in hopelessly overcrowded conditions. Personal hygiene was nearly non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Whatsapp messages aren't all that bad! Got this one.

"Our grandparents got through a world war, we simply have to get through by sitting on the couch. Come one folks, we can do this."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Presumably the people who want to go to mass but can't?

Here's a strange fact for you. Things that can be important to others might not necessarily be important to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

https://twitter.com/carnsoreboxer/status/1239178343175589888?s=21

This is really worrying , this women can’t leave the house has only seen 5 people and now in hospital in bad shape. I think this shows how wide spread this is and how easily contracted it is.

Seriously considering if I should even see my parents .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

But how do I get the magic bread tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

dockysher wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for another mass?
    Do you think you are the first one to say this on theses threads:rolleyes:

Other people posted a father Ted picture, up your game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

There are people who hold their faith in high regard and who seek solace in their faith in troubled times.

Probably all over 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

cnocbui wrote: »
    Global debt is more than twice what it was when bad debts triggered the last GFC. The tsunami of unemployment and business about to go under is going to cause an even bigger debt crisis, so good luck with that.

Mmmh it doesn’t bear thinking of.
    Germany and Italy were weeks from recession when this started, this will only serve to worsen the effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anybody else looking forward to watching the corona virus on reeling in the years in few years time

Yes, when this is over I'm going to 'obtain' one of the Covid-19 posters and place it in a frame for future display in the living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Expecting a blanket shutdown in the next 24-48 hours. I foresee closures for at least a month. Some places sadly may not re open.

They’re going to ban electric blankets?

Ah ffs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Church should come clean now

Bible is fake news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You are a Legend and I salute you. Little tear in my eye as I write this . The best of humanity in a simple post .

Thanks very much, tbh I've been struck by the commitment to the task my brother, my work mates and everyone has shown.

I've absolutely no doubt we've a lot more very difficult days ahead, but if we all follow the HSE guidelines, listen to what the government has said.. Tbh I can't stand Leo, but his statements have been very clear and apolitical.. If we all follow the guidelines this crisis hand be handled and the curve flattened out some.

I can only speak in terms of the army here, but there are lots of rumours and fake news about the army's role in all this.

Right now we're an Aid to The Civil Authorities (ATCA), that's a soft role (think flood relief, snow clearing etc). We're not on the streets armed, you won't see armed soldiers. We're not restricting movements and kicking down doors.

If you see an increased army presence on the streets its a good thing. If you see something on facebook that looks questionable its probably fake, PM me if you're looking for reassurance, I really don't mind.

Here's the Chief of Staffs twitter account, if its not here we're probably not doing it

COS Irish Defence Forces

I genuinely don't mind any PM's if you're worried about something you don't fully understand.

Good health to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Why is it that so many seem to believe or accept rumours from bogus WhatsApp messages or Facebook posts or unconfirmed sources but disregard guidance directly issued by Govenment or Public Emergency Health Authority.

Like people who are in nightclubs with hundreds and hundreds of people saying that the social distancing response is completely OTT and bullsh1t but convinced that there was a secret meeting of the illuminati and Leo Varadkar to bla bla bla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Hooked

And praying to Jesus to save us... is that the same ****ing Jesus that’s brought this cûnt of a plague to us all? Mass? MASS?

The mother and father of ‘quoting’ without a source!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Strazdas wrote: »
    800k infected, 23k dead

Should be stressed though that most people were living in poverty and those in the cities in hopelessly overcrowded conditions. Personal hygiene was nearly non-existent.
    As was good nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

People being welded into their homes in Wuhan

Apparently the back door entrances to apartments were welded shut so that people had to leave by the front door. Temperature was being checked there to screen for the virus on entry and on exit from the building.

We will see exactly who looks after their populations best when this is over. Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea seem to be the only western governments doing well in the fight against the virus.

We should take lessons from Taiwan on how an island nation can defend itself against viral threats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure if this has already been posted, live updates.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

Strazdas wrote: »
    800k infected, 23k dead

Or conversely that we had half our current population, largely rural and very little internal travel, almost no foreign travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,099 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ger Roe wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure about Gavin Reilly's comment. Even if they don't have a law on the books at the moment, they can push through legislation quickly enough when they need to - remember the head shops sudden legislation and closure?

They could even do it illegally and damn the consequences - not a great idea, but certainly an option when you have an army sworn to serve the state.

I don't know about total lockdown at 11am on tuesday, but I would have no doubt that whatever needs to be done could be enforced, if needed.

I know we are in trouble but that would only make things worse.
    If you have a Government acting ultra vires you are close to anarchy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement