Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

joeguevara wrote: »
    Why is it that so many seem to believe or accept rumours from bogus WhatsApp messages or Facebook posts or unconfirmed sources but disregard guidance directly issued by Govenment or Public Emergency Health Authority.

Like people who are in nightclubs with hundreds and hundreds of people saying that the social distancing response is completely OTT and bullsh1t but convinced that there was a secret meeting of the illuminati and Leo Varadkar to bla bla bla.

It's a post truth World. It's why so many people ended up voting for Trump, Brexit etc. Sad but that is where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

How do people see this going long term. The unknowns about this are difficult to think about. Herd immunity seems not plausible with no vaccine. Mutations and re-infection a real possibility. China's approach to contain it seems like mission impossible too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Thing is spreading. Heard of a case popping up in the most rural of spots and no connections to Northern Italy/China. A person over 80 too.

Not really a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Or face execution?

That's for the lot returning from cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Hooked

My boyfriend was in Amsterdam for work last Monday and got home late Monday evening. He’s feeling normal with no temperature or sniffles.

Should we be worried or is he safe enough?

He was in Amsterdam. You should deffo be worried!!!

Sorry. Couldn’t resist...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

I’m so glad that WhatsApp and Facebook findings are peer reviewed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What's the point in this total lockdown people on about? All we doing is groceries and pharmacy if we need something and walks etc..no interaction with people outside of the house. If people all did that you can't ask much more really..

Me and over 100 other people are expected to go to work. A lot of the workers use public transport and the offices and meeting room are too small to abide to the social distancing rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

What's the point in this total lockdown people on about? All we doing is groceries and pharmacy if we need something and walks etc..no interaction with people outside of the house. If people all did that you can't ask much more really..

Beaches and golf course packed today. It will take force to stop that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭hawkwing

My boyfriend was in Amsterdam for work last Monday and got home late Monday evening. He’s feeling normal with no temperature or sniffles.

Hate to say it but if he has no temperature he could be in trouble:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Worldometer listing Ireland as +41 today with a total of 170 cases. Was another case confirmed?

Doesn't matter a fuk the numbers are way off anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

It’s symbolic. It sends out a powerful message to people about the importance of taking this seriously and as a result people might take even more care,

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

hawkwing wrote: »
    Hate to say it but if he has no temperature he could be in trouble:confused:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

obi604 wrote: »
    Is everyone sick to the b0llix of hearing that you can get mass online.

Like who gives a w@nk about this.

Edgy online anonymous has a cut at religion. Uses the word w@nk to sound more hard edge.

Also have to laugh at people asking questions about mass yesterday, always prefaced by my granny wants to know. God forbid someone thought it was you who had the query. I mean trying to be hip, trendy and post multiple Fr. Ted gifs daily and then undo all your coolness if some of your esteemed boards peers thought you went to mass!

Some of us go to mass, some go to service or church, some pray facing Mecca. Some believe in God, some don't. Isn't the new liberal Ireland about tolerance for all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes! Not easy to quantify it but the scientists think it is 100% possible to slow the virus using the steps already announced (and to slow it even more with more drastic steps).
    It's 100% possible that I might grow a tentacle if I fúck an octopus. Not likely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭appledrop

jackboy wrote: »

At least they are outside. We were driving by airside in swords today + huge queues to get into it.

Wft. Who needs to go to furniture shops etc in middle of pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,097 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The government absolutely does have the power to enforce a lockdown but to my knowledge, they'd prefer not to have to resort to laws and if they did, would rather a more up to date and specific law than the Health Act 1947.

See here: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/government-and-garda-can-use-extreme-powers-to-tackle-covid-19-1.4200108

The other poster I responded to was suggesting that they enforce measures without legal backing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Doesn't matter a fuk the numbers are way off anyway

Who’s in the house ... expert’s in the house ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭blackcard

Does any of this feel like a bad dream that one is going to wake up from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I've absolutely no doubt we're restricting movements and kicking down doors... its a good thing... I really don't mind.

Mak!!!!!

We were told not to say anything until 11:01 on Tuesday morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

No reason to stop people going to the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

UK media(2 weeks ago): China draconian measures unfeasible in Europe

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1239308052081360896

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Italy mortality rate is at 7.3%... holy f*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

blade1 wrote: »
    Screenshot-20200315-215350.jpg

Can confirm the priest bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Anyone know if the 'what passes for a government' has done anything about stopping that factory in Limerick from sending millions of masks to China? Germany, France and Italy seem to know how to look after their own, so just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

revelman wrote: »
    It’s symbolic. It sends out a powerful message to people about the importance of taking this seriously and as a result people might take even more care,

I suppose the point is it won't make much difference to us.. we already treating it as a lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The thing is though, people won’t self isolate. I work in non essential retail (clothes etc) and in work today I had one lady say she was at home for the last 2 days and had to come out just for a browse because she was going stir crazy. Another said she was just killing time and a few others picking out new outfits for their Skype meetings during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Those are not western governments and we're not an island nation.

Perhaps I should have said western style democracies, though Singapore is a bit of a doubt.

Strangely... we acted like an island nation when a virus was threatening cattle during the foot and mouth epidemic in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

He wouldn’t be the first man to bring an infection back from the Dam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,396 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What's wrong with the beach? Can't get much more of an open space!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,746 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The new refund scheme for employers to continue paying workers at job seeker rates instead of having to apply for job seekers would indicate to me a real possibility of welfare and public offices in general being closed at some point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement