Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

cnocbui wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 'what passes for a government' has done anything about stopping that factory in Limerick from sending millions of masks to China? Germany, France and Italy seem to know how to look after their own, so just wondering.

Shh, fecking bring politics into our greatest challenge as a nation, shameful

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Portugal has shut its border to tourists from Spain for at least a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

appledrop wrote: »
    At least they are outside. We were driving by airside in swords today + huge queues to get into it.

Wft. Who needs to go to furniture shops etc in middle of pandemic?
    The latest in recliners and the like. It's uber important to ride out the storm in total comfort. Perhaps it'll have a reminder feature so that one can go and use all that bog roll that one stockpiled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did Trump show up for this Press Conference, or was he '' busy'' self isolating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I thought a second death from covid 19 h as opened an Thursday, a man in Cork?

Did I dream this ? I can completely remember hearing this on the news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭jackboy

lawred2 wrote: »
    What's wrong with the beach? Can't get much more of an open space!

Beaches were packed. Lots of people walking in groups and interacting with other groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did Trump show up for this Press Conference, or was he '' busy'' self isolating?

He was there but didn't have his hat on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

walshb wrote: »
    Crazy..

Are there strains/potency to this virus?

As in some people getting a more potent dose?
    There are two known main strains, one of which is more deadly as far as I remember.
    But the death toll in Italy is probably because they have an old population and their health service is overwhelmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He was there but didn't have his hat on.

Missed it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

cnocbui wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 'what passes for a government' has done anything about stopping that factory in Limerick from sending millions of masks to China? Germany, France and Italy seem to know how to look after their own, so just wondering.

Apparently a good % of the world ventilator supply is made in Galway by Covidian, an arm of Medtronic.

Hopefully they aren't all exported like food was during the famine.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/medtronic-buys-covidien-for-31-6bn-1.1834538

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Didn't we bring in 1.7 million face marks last week that are stock piled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    The latest in recliners and the like. It's uber important to ride out the storm in total comfort. Perhaps it'll have a reminder feature so that one can go and use all that bog roll that one stockpiled.

It was just mad. In contrast we went to do grocery shop + place was so quite for weekend which was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Its critically important to wash your hands before leaving the house to go to the shops or other public places. If you are carrying a mild form of coronavirus you could easily spread it to someone else, by handling products you don't buy, handling money or using a pinpad or else using a shopping basket. Its also important to hand wash once you get home to prevent potentially bringing coronavirus home.

So hand wash before and after shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Just drove through Tullamore and every pub, that I could see, was closed.
    Drove through Mountmellick and every pub is open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ger Roe wrote: »
    I wasn't suggesting that at all... I said they could do it, and they can. The reporter stated that the government can not enforce it's will. I was pointing out the ways that they can.

I never said they should and you have missed the point of my post there.

Sorry this thread is moving so fast I can't keep up.
    Second time today I got something wrong.
    So we are agreed the Government has to act within the law?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭paul71

jackboy wrote: »
    Beaches were packed. Lots of people walking in groups and interacting with other groups.

Yeah in a wide open space hit by sea breezes, perfectly safe unless they were snogging everyone they met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If we are free of the virus across the entire EU in 3 months time we will then need to screen people arriving from every country where cases still exist or we will be back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭defrule

Anyone know how resilient supply chains are?

If drivers start falling sick etc... and Tesco can no longer efficiently get food and supplies to the city. Then we truly will be screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

elperello wrote: »

Absolutely... no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

elperello wrote: »

Imagine even typing that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I'm wondering what the economic impact of this is going to be worldwide?

We were probably due another economic crash soon enough (assuming that the cycle is a crash every 10 to 12 years) so I'd imagine this won't help the cause much.

Where does that leave the EU if member states had already been bickering about having to make up the shortfall in funding due to Brexit?

Hopefully, we can get a handle on this and people act with some measure of mindfulness so that not too many will become infected, although seeing all those spanners going over to the horse racing and the other dingbats in Temple Bar doesn't fill me with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Syncpolice wrote: »
    The virus gets into the main server which then broadcasts it to users logged in through wired mice and keyboards

Are phones save from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does any of this feel like a bad dream that one is going to wake up from?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7wUaBJHZuy5rOCQcZBJYoxT59hulUhFGl2UGiKIBE2cVE0iqE-bKsEKM&s=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

threeball wrote: »
    People might not be as dismissive of the farmers after this is over. Nothing but ****e talk about how if your unsustainable you close your business and we'll bring it in from Brazil and other crap talk. Indigenous food is our greatest resource.

i think all round this will be a blow for globalisation...there may be more manufacturing restored to each individual country...no point having everything being produced in china and when something like this happens, the supply chain grounds to a halt. like that guy who discovered that 95% of the worlds IV bags were produced in puerto rico, declared it was a risk but nothing was done about it and when a hurricane ravaged the area and damaged the factory it led to a huge shortage...the world will have to learn not to put all its eggs in one basket again.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Weepsie wrote: »
    Why would anyone have a new outfit for a Skype meeting. Perfect opportunity to work bottomless if one was inclined

Was thinking the exact same!!!
    Who TF buys outfits for Skype meetings!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭elperello

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Imagine even typing that....

My mistake, no need to rub it in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

defrule wrote: »

If drivers start falling sick etc... and Tesco can no longer efficiently get food and supplies to the city. Then we truly will be screwed.

If we manage to slow down the rate of infection then we will probably be able to cover these types of crucial logistics roles.
    If we don't then all bets are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

defrule wrote: »

Was a bit concerning to see Tesco absolutely fleeced out today, no toilet roll or anything. The concerning part was the worker there telling an elderly man that they don't have deliveries on a Sunday and that's why it's so bad but I've been there numerous times on a Sunday when a delivery was being packed, so it doesn't make sense to me why there wouldn't be one today.

Could we be seeing wider supply chain issues already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Just drove through Tullamore and every pub, that I could see, was closed.
    Drove through Mountmellick and every pub is open.

I always try to drive around Mountmellick, now I have another reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

France preparing to go draconian after worst day for them yet

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1239308052081360896

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement