Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

leavingirl wrote: »
    Your gaslighting is gas.

You mean you are questioning your own sanity? BREAKTHROUGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Jostef wrote: »
    I feel your pain, lainey_d_123.

As far as keeping busy goes, I highly recommend boardgames!

Seriously, modern boardgames are really amazing and a lot of them can be played solo.

Indulge me and check out a website called Boardgamegeek.com. Has all the information you need and has the best community on the net.

All the best and try not to think too much.

J

Things to do while on lockdown.

Playstation or Xbox post on boards or belly boxing to get fit.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

I will let you do the maths here

2009/2010

Italy had 3,000,000 confirmed cases of swine flu with 244 deaths

Italy has 17,000 confirmed cases of COVID19 with 1266 deaths.

Which one sounds more deadly?

3million swine flu - citation needed

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

1641 wrote: »
    You mean you are questioning your own sanity? BREAKTHROUGH!

Let's come back to the story in six months and see where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I know the HSE and doctors are saying if you have symptoms self isolate. At what stage do you seek medical help for yourself or a loved one ?

Also.. what are the true number of cases in Ireland if we have people self isolating with potential symptoms. Are we talking 1,2,3 thousand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Spain yesterday was 2086 new cases.

It was actually 66 new deaths rather than 47.

That's what we want to try avoid here.

Close the fcuking pubs for a start.

People moaning about the flights and then attending packed pubs? Give me a break...

There are people who went to crufts last week moaning about the people who went to Cheltenham.

You couldn’t make it up.

Your gaslighting is gas.

Still believing its all a hoax I see.

Did ye not get the memo, it's no longer considered a hoax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

CORONAVIRUS: JAPANESE WOMAN TESTS POSITIVE FOR SECOND TIME

Did you read the article you quoted? They are not sure if it’s a reinfection or that the first infection didn’t go away. Block capitals don’t make your post more convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

And are they coming close to finding a treatment for this covid 19??

I will let you do the maths here

2009/2010

Italy had 3,000,000 confirmed cases of swine flu with 244 deaths

Italy has 17,000 confirmed cases of COVID19 with 1266 deaths.

Which one sounds more deadly?

Look posts like this are pointless for me you are preaching to the converted and for those that just don't get it whats the point.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

You see, here's the thing. Unless I ask everyone in a very busy town have they just returned from Italy, how am I supposed to know if I was in contact with an infected person or not?
    It unlikely YET that anyone has picked up a community infection and come out the far side as it takes 20-30 days or so for contraction to recovery with symptoms showing at 6-10 days I believe?

The virus is not as easy to contract as people imagine, it's easy if you are in very close proximity, like standing having a conversation with someone or sitting beside them for a period of time, but not by simply passing by someone on the street. You can also pick it up by touching something contaminated but this is harder again to contract. If someone were ill with CV last week or the week before, then they would have likely picked it up 8-10 days prior to that, when we had very few cases and any we had were traceable.

If you are concerned for your health now, then call your GP. If you are not, don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

milhous wrote: »
    You're supposed to call your GP not the HSE? Then your GP will assess and refer to get tested if necessary is what I got from that link?

Where are you getting Wednesday from?

GPs don’t work on Saturdays, out of hours services don’t arrange tests like this, and when I call on Monday I am 99% sure they’ll tell us that there’s a long queue for testing and that they won’t be doing any Tuesday cause of the bank holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

3million swine flu - citation needed

Italy now has pop of 60 million. Swine flu infection rate was said to be 20% of all people. Could have been more than 3 million in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

First case in Rwanda, an Indian man
    First two cases in Namibia, a Spanish couple

Akrasia wrote: »
    GPs don’t work on Saturdays, out of hours services don’t arrange tests like this, and when I call on Monday I am 99% sure they’ll tell us that there’s a long queue for testing and that they won’t be doing any Tuesday cause of the bank holiday

Yep this is Ireland for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Damien360

sadie1502 wrote: »
    And are they coming close to finding a treatment for this covid 19??

18 months away at best according to US CDC. Still have to go through various trial phases before deemed safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,405 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

devnull wrote: »
    Friend who works in the UK school has just been told that the government is considering plans to force schools to stay open and to take 'serious enforcement action' against headteachers who close their schools, including passing a law to require headteachers to do so. If headteachers do not comply, they will face action to 'enforce the law'

There's also now talk about lowering standards in care homes which are already in crisis, that surely cannot have a positive effect on the outlook for people in those homes, which is in line with the governments herd immunity strategy.

Bad time to be an old and sick or vulnerable person in the UK now, The government appears to be openly going for policies which are going to have a serious effect on you and obviously they are quite willing to sacrifice your life to deal with the social care crisis and save some money so they can be a big economy once this is all over since the majority of their old and sick are dead whilst other countries are still paying for them.

Boris will go down in history as a very evil figure indeed.

These lads are old school elites. Reincarnations of the mercantilists the created the empire. Poor people are fodder for guns and hard labor. If not doing either of those, they are a drain and better off six feet under.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

wakka12 wrote: »
    It will not be excused if you choose ignore all the freely available information which says otherwise

It was a genuine question. I haven’t done much research, too busy working but I obviously should have. I appreciate all the responses very helpful in making the differences clear. Unfortunately some of us can’t spend time looking at freely available info, this 5 min boards discussion probably gave me more info anyway. Top notch boards as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭dan786

Jet2 flights are taking a U-turn in route to Spain as the company has halted all flights to Spain. This was with immediate effect so even flights in air had to return back to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,485 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Are they only releasing the new daily infected numbers at the end of each day?

ROI still at 90..

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    18 months away at best according to US CDC. Still have to go through various trial phases before deemed safe.

I think you are mixing up a treatment with a vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It will not be excused if you choose ignore all the freely available information which says otherwise

I’d rather that somebody admit that they are a layperson when it comes to the science, to be honest. I’ve seen plenty of posts misinterpreting the available information. And the available information is quite overwhelming and all over the place at the moment because so much is still unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Damien360 wrote: »

That's a vaccine. Treatment will be quicker. Some drugs look to have had positive results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

dan786 wrote: »
    Jet2 flights are taking a U-turn in route to Spain as the company has halted all flights to Spain. This was with immediate effect so even flights in air had to return back to UK.

Are there any Jet2 flights from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

I think you are mixing up a treatment with a vaccine.

Yes. I am referring to a treatment. Not a vaccine. I thought they were close to finding a treatment. I know a vaccine is a good year or so away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

What was the WHO's justification for saying they dont believe borders should be closed or that banning flights wont make any difference anymore? I dont see how closing borders to a country like italy with nearly 20,000 cases could not helpneighbouring coutries reduce their new cases?

I don’t believe the uk or the Irish strategy is better or worse to be honest I draw more comfort from the fact that the uk have explained what they’re trying to do to the public. I think both governments are acting I don’t understand why it is seen as a threat that they are different strategies, some folks starting to sound like Trump ‘wah Europe didn’t contain this so it’s their fault’ his press conference was a **** show, at least the uk press conference was a presentation rather than a rant abut trying to assign blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

I hear the pubs are closing next week. Now it's SERIOUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm just making the point that there are conflicting stories. The Guardian is a toilet paper of record buddy.

The Guardian is one of the most highly respected newspapers on the English speaking world. Can I ask which newspaper you think is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Are they only releasing the new daily infected numbers at the end of each day?

ROI still at 90..

Yes. It's been typically been between 6pm - 7pm each day in Ireland when they release.

I find it hard to believe we only have 90 cases regardless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement