Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

we should have a separate counter for the cheltenham returners, Ireland at 90, returners at 10 etc, this would be useful for future reference on how not to do things

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

wadacrack wrote: »
    That's a vaccine. Treatment will be quicker. Some drugs look to have had positive results

Oh really that is good news. Would you have a source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭dan786

Are there any Jet2 flights from Ireland?

No, closest would be Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

pawdee wrote: »
    I hear the pubs are closing next week. Now it's SERIOUS.

Can people please post a source when making comments like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Where did you hear this pawdee?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Where did you hear this pawdee?

He is trying to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

sadie1502 wrote: »
    Yes. I am referring to a treatment. Not a vaccine. I thought they were close to finding a treatment. I know a vaccine is a good year or so away.

Depends who you read or listen to. Could be 2/3 months away

Can people please post a source when making comments like this.

FFS it is sarcasm Jesus.:pac:

we should have a separate counter for the cheltenham returners, Ireland at 90, returners at 10 etc, this would be useful for future reference on how not to do things

What about people who the Cheltenhamers infect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Are our heath care workers protected? I've heard some doctor surgerys are struggling with the 4 masks that were sent. Receptions have no protection etc. We need to protect them as they will be the ones most likely to be infected.

What is the government doing to help them? Saying respirators don't work is not good enough.

https://twitter.com/DrMarkMurphy/status/1238157845734006784?s=20

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1238364322742579200?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There are people who went to crufts last week moaning about the people who went to Cheltenham.

You couldn’t make it up.

Aul wans with inbred dogs.

FFS it is sarcasm Jesus.:pac:

The last bit was but he was making a factual statement with the first bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

It took for pubs to close for it to be SERIOUS?

:rolleyes:

What about people who the Cheltenhamers infect?

add them to the naughty list also

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yes. I am referring to a treatment. Not a vaccine. I thought they were close to finding a treatment. I know a vaccine is a good year or so away.

There are promising findings that an anti inflammatory treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis could be effective at treating this disease. If this is the case, we could have effective treatments very soon that will vindicate the delay strategy over the herd immunity one.

Problem is they are bio pharmaceutical treatments that take weeks to make in small batches rather than small molecule drugs that can be made very quickly in large numbers

gonna be a few extra non-legal after parties around Dublin now :pac:

Dundalk, Co. Louth

The last bit was but he was making a factual statement with the first bit.

I hear they are closing down the pubs now it's serious was a joke meaning people will only take it serious when they can not get pissed.

That poster has no new information.

Being serious the pubs should already be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Oh really that is good news. Would you have a source?

There's a drug that was developed and went through trials for the ebola crisis that may work. It has to go through trials to show that it will work on covid19 but it has been through safety trials already. So if it works we could have it in a few months rather than 18 months.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/projects/remdesivir/

I have heard that there's a drug company that feels strongly enough about this drug that they have started production in the hope that it passes trials.

After what? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If pubs do get closed and any publican has a private lock in anyway, they should get 10 years in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Saying respirators don't work is not good enough.
    Which is utter scutter anyway. Surgical masks have some value in reducing the already infected coughing their snot everywhere, and of course half/full face respirators work at massively reducing the risks of getting infected. I suspect they're saying this because of a shortage of effective masks and other equipment and want to head off the retarded mouthbreathers who are stockpiling.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

After what? :pac:

just parties then!

:rolleyes:

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Akrasia wrote: »
    There are promising findings that an anti inflammatory treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis could be effective at treating this disease. If this is the case, we could have effective treatments very soon that will vindicate the delay strategy over the herd immunity one.

Problem is they are bio pharmaceutical treatments that take weeks to make in small batches rather than small molecule drugs that can be made very quickly in large numbers

But if all pharma are instructed to produce surly they could manufacture a lot more. I did read Roche created some of these tablets. We had Roche here now closed.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If pubs do get closed and any publican has a private lock in anyway, they should get 10 years in prison.

just infect them with the virus, that'll teach them

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

That’s not in the least be over the top.
    Maybe we should jail people who Friend over as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

The vintners association webpage has calls for clarification from the government about what they should do.

Maybe people power should tell them - take a decision yourselves for the common good .

They can be sent a message here:
    http://lva.ie/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Nicola Sturgeon on school closures in Scotland.

BBC Parliament channel;

Schools will not be closing in Scotland, "because young people will meet & gather anyway" (in less formal settings), hence they will not be made to frequently wash their hands, hence the Scottish government has no plans to close schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

God we are a dramatic nation

just infect them with the virus, that'll teach them

Would not surprise me if a few terrified OAPs phoned in a few bomb warnings to these places.

• Advertisement

But if all pharma are instructed to produce surly they could manufacture a lot more. I did read Roche created some of these tablets. We had Roche here now closed.

Bio pharma plants are set up totally differently to regular pharma plants. We do actually have lots of biopharma plants in Ireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement