Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

One of the things I've been slightly confused about is the difference in the number of people allowed indoors and outdoors between countries. I mean surely the number should be the same across the board but it's not as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I'm in southern Spain and I've three Ryanair flights for various days this week trying desperately to get home to my family.

I've a flight scheduled for tonight leaving Murcia International at 9.20pm local time. Worried it might be cancelled as it has to come over from Ireland with a full group of people and I'm hearing Spain have blocked all flights from entering :(

Someone here said they were turning around flights in the air, especially from the UK. Keep safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Governments should be changing the warnings to do not travel so people will at least get the flight cost back from travel insurance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

ETE56JZXgAE7o-Z?format=jpg&name=small

UK is foobared. Ridiculous strategy they're taking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Why are no opposition leaders coming out questioning it

They are likely concious of the blow back to politicising it.

Shesty,

Who’s the artist on FB? My niece loves drawing and it could save my sister in law a few grey hairs in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Local pharmacy had some excellent social distancing measures. Table with hand sanitizer before you came in, big sign saying to stay 2 meters behind customer in front and lines marked on the floor at checkout to remind people to stand a distance from each other & the cashier.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Lol . Well I am in Dublin and the wind is whistling down the chimney here

Up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus what I would give to be there now.

Not a sinner there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Someone here said they were turning around flights in the air, especially from the UK. Keep safe.

Jet 2 went bust and they recalled the flights

Spain is to go on lockdown, Wuhan style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

*Cringe alert!*:o

To any parent finding it hard to think of being confined at home for an ongoing while with their children, please know that these are the very best of times. One day, oh about 20 or 25 years hence, you will be driving in the hour before dawn across some part of the world, maybe the midlands on the way to work, and you will suddenly remember vividly the soft warm loveliness of their childhoods, their mad crazy questions, their unbearable beauty and sweetness, their unbelievable boldness and cheek, and you will know that those were the most precious of times. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

https://twitter.com/apilotsview/status/1238774285784793088?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

SPAIN IN LOCKDOWN FROM MONDAY!!!!

Bugger, was still enjoying going to the park with my kids - just us of course we meet no one else - but looks like even that will be forbidden...

Again, what will this achieve, when things open up again, cases will start to grow again, or will they do this untill there is a vaccinne ??

• Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jesus what I would give to be there now.

You’d be very lonely on that beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Death rate as of today is 6.96%. I wouldn't call that low.
    Italy is contributing to it by not being able to accommodate all the sick people in hospital, nothing to do with population being older. People are being left at home dying.
    Once it hits full swing here we will get a clearer picture of what this means

The death rate is low and would be even lower only for the fact that the deaths are elderly people and people than are already have underlying health issues ..and these people would not even be able to survive a dose of normal flu...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    UK is foobared. Ridiculous strategy they're taking.

How many cases in Spain, France and Italy?

They are foobared. Close the airports now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Gynoid wrote: »
    Polish bread usually has a sourdough base, which gives it that distinctive taste, and often there is some rye in it. It is supposed to be better for digesting and more nutritious. I think it is very nice.

Was funny yesterday to see what had been panic bought. Mostly convenience foods. People don't like cooking, I think. The lad I chatted with in the shop who works there says it will take a couple of weeks for the supply lines to really catch up, as the panic buying was beyond expectation. The check out lady said it had been like Christmas Eve every day for a week. The workers generally were really weary.

Interestingly, it was the opposite in Centra. All the very sensible staples gone whilst frozen pizzas and junk food were fully in stock. Of course it could just be that they have more stocks of the junk food stuff as they keep longer.

The workers all seemed wrecked though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I made the point earlier that the airlines were not helping with their refusal to refund any money.

An awful lot of people who recently travelled would likely not have done so if they could have cancelled and been refunded.

You can talk about personal responsibility, yes, but it's also tough decisions for people who have spent a lot of money on a holiday, saved up hard for it, and would lose everything they paid in addition to losing their holiday and annual leave.

The "I bought the gun so I may as well use it" argument. No dice Lainey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

Jesus H, I only signed up here the other day and because I've become a touch addicted to the place and consequently smoking twice as much as normal, I've developed a bit of a cough, making social distancing quite easy as people are running away from me.
    Thanks Boards? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Shesty,

Who’s the artist on FB? My niece loves drawing and it could save my sister in law a few grey hairs in the coming weeks.

Reading eggs and Nessy are great resources they usually have a months trial. I think Nessy are giving a months trial because of school closures.
    They get educated and it's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Bugger, was still enjoying going to the park with my kids - just us of course we meet no one else - but looks like even that will be forbidden...

Again, what will this achieve, when things open up again, cases will start to grow again, or will they do this untill there is a vaccinne ??

NO NEDD TO SCREAM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Musefan wrote: »
    Local pharmacy had some excellent social distancing measures. Table with hand sanitizer before you came in, big sign saying to stay 2 meters behind customer in front and lines marked on the floor at checkout to remind people to stand a distance from each other & the cashier.

Yeah just noticed at my local pharmacy, thought there was some sort of panic buying going on when I saw a queue out the door. Turns out they're operating this policy of distancing and just leaving in a few at a time. The irony being the pub next door is still open and will probably be packed with punters later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I was a bit panic stricken for a bit but as soon as I went out in the real world, I realized I barely see any old people, I’ll be mindful about coming into contact with any, Ill be smart about my movements and just act in a civilized aware way. Going into lockdown is a waste or time and will kill the economy.

You're not likely to meet too many older or immune compromised people alright as they are keeping themselves in where possible.

But you do realise that you're as likely to pick it from anybody as from 'old people'?? Wouldn't wish ill on anyone but.......... karma and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jet 2 went bust and they recalled the flights

Don’t think it went bust they just decided to turn back as sianish situation was deteriorating

Are you living in Spain?
    It's going to be very restrictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Hooter23 wrote: »
    The death rate is low and would be even lower only for the fact that the deaths are elderly people and people than are already have a medical condition...and these people would not even be able to survive a dose of normal flu...

It is not low.

It is low while there are ICU beds to cope.
    Once they are out of ICU beds 5-10% of people need intubation, don't get it and die.

Hooter23 wrote: »
    The death rate is low and would be even lower only for the fact that the deaths are elderly people and people than are already have a medical condition...and these people would not even be able to survive a dose of normal flu...

How inconsiderate of the elderly and infirm to distort the death rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Not sure if mentioned yet but worldometers are stating that a case in Malta is from a man who travelled from Ireland. Sounds like it’s definitely more widespread here than the figures portrayed but I guess that was obvious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement