Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Prediction. Most governments will realize that while this is more dangerous than the flu, it’s still not particularly dangerous. The shut downs are to show that we care about all citizens of the country. one months time, the show will be back on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

JET2 did not go bust... stop spreading ****e ffs. The jets turned back to the UK to drop all passengers back,rather then have them stranded in Spain. There currently flying the empty planes to Spain now to collect all UK people to bring them home.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

They will loose a lot more if they are stuck in a country or have the virus. It's incredibly stupid.

If you can afford the flights you can afford to lose the money.

That's not really how it works, though.

A lot of people would think 'well it's everywhere now so might as well go'.

It's not about the money itself, it's the idea that things are going to be sh1t and this might be one last holiday before they become even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

GPs will be doing assessments by phone going forward

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Predictive text didn’t recognise the name of our esteemed Tanaiste....sorry...
    :D
    If they sen5 them all to Coventry and locked it down,they might have some hope,God help them with the current “strategy”

Thanks.

I'm sure you heard the term before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

My nearest supermarkets are in Kenmare, and there are multiple confirmed cases there already which is worrying considering how small it is.

I see the tourist coaches of the ring of Kerry are running round, and there are camper vans already on the circuit. I think this will ensure any outbreak on the Ring of Kerry will spread round pretty fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

What's the story with all the Cheltenham Returnees? How have/ are they being dealt with on incoming flights and ferries?

Jet 2 went bust and they recalled the flights

Jet2 haven’t gone bust. My holiday to Greece is with them and I’ve not been notified of that!

Spain is closed down and those package holidays would have to be brought home regardless so they turned around mid air.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭spookwoman

SPAIN IN LOCKDOWN FROM MONDAY!!!!

Bugger, was still enjoying going to the park with my kids - just us of course we meet no one else - but looks like even that will be forbidden...

Again, what will this achieve, when things open up again, cases will start to grow again, or will they do this untill there is a vaccinne ??

It's the mass exodus between now and monday thats worrying. Why the hell do they make these decisions and then leave it a few days for people to get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Some ****ing low life stole the sanitizer and stuff from our work station in the Airport overnight... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Governments should be changing the warnings to do not travel so people will at least get the flight cost back from travel insurance.

Think you get a refund if its cancelled anyway don't think you need insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

cloudatlas wrote: »
    There is more chat on here about what the uk are doing than Ireland. Perhaps because we have no idea what our government are doing and it’s a case of ‘look over there not here’.

Coping strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

BarryD2 wrote: »
    What's the story with all the Cheltenham Returnees? How have/ are they being dealt with on incoming flights and ferries?

they are being asked at the airport did they enjoy themselves and told they are cute whoors

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭embraer170

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    My nearest supermarkets are in Kenmare, and there are multiple confirmed cases there already which is worrying considering how small it is.

I see the tourist coaches of the ring of Kerry are running round, and there are camper vans already on the circuit. I think this will ensure any outbreak on the Ring of Kerry will spread round pretty fast.

Multiple confirmed cases in Kenmare? Have I missed something?

PM me if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

BarryD2 wrote: »
    You're not likely to meet too many older or immune compromised people alright as they are keeping themselves in where possible.

But you do realise that you're as likely to pick it from anybody as from 'old people'?? Wouldn't wish ill on anyone but.......... karma and all that :)

You’ve basically just wished for me to get the flu. I’m actually embracing getting it. Want to get the first hit. And feel we should all be trying to, who knows, the virus might take the form of the Spanish flu where the second strain killed those who missed it first time round. Those who got it already were immune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Are people being quarantined at the airport? Like in NZ? Madness if any country is not doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Some ****ing low life stole the sanitizer and stuff from our work station in the Airport overnight... :mad:

Hopefully they can catch them on CCTV or something, I would think the whole airport is pretty well covered in CCTV. Scumbag(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Putin seems to have it under control. Only 47 cases in Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Are you living in Spain?
    It's going to be very restrictive.

Yes I am in Spain ... shops are near me, as is the beach .. won't even be able to go for a stroll down there now - pity as there isn't many people out and it's easy to be very isolated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I was in a shop this morning and there was a couple in there with their two young kids. The kids were about 3 & 4 and were all dressed up for the weather. They also had red runny noses. The youngest child then proceeded to cough openly on top of all the muffins and scones, then moved over to the door of the fridge and began to cough all over that.

Why can people not be sensible now, if you are a couple then one of you should stay at home with the kids while the other goes out to get essential supplies.

The cashier then tried to get me to hand over my bank card even though I was trying to tap it. I had to actually say to her that I wanted to tap and not hand over my card. The message is just not getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Worlds gone mad I’m a train driver and a lot of stations only wheelchair toilets are being left open as toilet roll kept getting stolen from them
    Expect a lot of off peak services to be cut next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Prediction. Most governments will realize that while this is more dangerous than the flu, it’s still not particularly dangerous. The shut downs are to show that we care about all citizens of the country. one months time, the show will be back on the road.

why are you insisting on this ?
    7% death rate at the start of a pandemic means higher death rate as we go along. Most governments have already realized that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Hooter23 wrote: »
    The death rate is low and would be even lower only for the fact that the deaths are elderly people and people than are already have underlying health issues ..and these people would not even be able to survive a dose of normal flu...

YUCK !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

That's not really how it works, though.

A lot of people would think 'well it's everywhere now so might as well go'.

It's not about the money itself, it's the idea that things are going to be sh1t and this might be one last holiday before they become even worse.

Well if they are going to countries like Spain then they are incredibly stupid. There are travel warnings. There is actually no excuse at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Will there be an announcement of confirmed cases today even if by press release if not a press conference ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Username checks out.
    How inconsiderate of the elderly and infirm to distort the death rate.

I know, right? They should just p!ss off and die!

:rolleyes:

(I know uou weren't serious).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned yet but worldometers are stating that a case in Malta is from a man who travelled from Ireland. Sounds like it’s definitely more widespread here than the figures portrayed but I guess that was obvious

Imported cases seem to be a decent way of measuring the case rate, consider Northern Italy

Still a number of one is just one. .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement