Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I was in Aldi Dublin road Limerick. Can see using the baskets and trolleys could be a means of spreading the virus. Would have been nice if there was some alcohol disinfectant at the door coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,768 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

BarryD2 wrote: »
    What's the story with all the Cheltenham Returnees?

The boats will be turned around mid sail and returned to England.

That's what should happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭dan786

Boris needs to take the the big decisions now and let the economy take a hit...

Ten more people have died after being diagnosed with coronavirus, with 1,140 cases now confirmed in the UK. It brings the total number those who died after being diagnosed with coronavirus to 21 in the UK.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,675 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    Do not post in this thread again

ITMan88's threadban after assurances given they will be more careful (and less scaremongering!) going forward

Just to clarify, Computer Science Student's threadban was also lifted on Thursday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 23,768 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

dan786 wrote: »

Ten more people have died after being diagnosed with coronavirus, with 1,140 cases now confirmed in the UK. It brings the total number those who died after being diagnosed with coronavirus to 21 in the UK.

The numbers will get to where Spain is and public opinion will force much tougher measures - probably well before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I wonder should we pensioners have our own thread where we can pass the time before we all slowly disappear in to a statistic? You'd swear life was already over anyway for anybody over 60 going by some posts.

I lived through the NI troubles.
    I was in 3 different towns when bombs went off and killed people.
    My car was hit by bullets when passing through a checkpoint near Newry.
    I was in Dundalk in 1975 buying a pair of shoes when a bomb went off killing two people about 100 yards from me.
    I was kicked by a horse in a very sore spot,nearly gored by a bull once but jumped the gate just in time.
    I survived a very bad fatal car crash.
    I’m worse than Kate Adie was.

No Feckin virus is going to get the better of me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

You’ve basically just wished for me to get the flu. I’m actually embracing getting it. Want to get the first hit. And feel we should all be trying to, who knows, the virus might take the form of the Spanish flu where the second strain killed those who missed it first time round. Those who got it already were immune.

Someone is clearly spiraling down into stupidity

I have carers come to my dad 3 times a day. They’ve lifted the employment embargo so that they’ll be staff on hand.

Problem is though what if any of the people calling in are infected but asymptomatic? Don't to frighten anyone here but I think its going to be an issue going forward. Many of these carers call to quite a few houses in the course of a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

... I’m actually embracing getting it. Want to get the first hit. And feel we should all be trying to, who knows, the virus might take the form of the Spanish flu where the second strain killed those who missed it first time round. Those who got it already were immune.

Ah, the Boris strategy.

I suppose at the very least if you do get a bad dose, you might still be looked after. F*** those who come after etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

YFlyer wrote: »
    Thanks.

I'm sure you heard the term before?

Yep:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

2% mortality rate and he’s looking n 45 million to catch it that leaves 900,000 dying in Uk 😱😱

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    why are you insisting on this ?
    7% death rate at the start of a pandemic means higher death rate as we go along. Most governments have already realized that

It’s nowhere close to that, the virus I reckon was in Europe from maybe the end of December. There’s too much movement for it not to have been.Italys old population doomed it to a fairly undesirable faith. I wouldn’t use catastrophic given that it’s a natural death in sizable but not gigantic numbers. I really hope I’m right. Maybe not the case at all and I’ll be looking on in horror in 6 weeks time, I really hope not. Let’s hope.

And btw, in some cases deaths are just a statistic, we don’t lock down whole countries because people die from the flu. Btw honest question, is death by flu, cv19 a death by “natural causes”?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I was in Aldi Dublin road Limerick. Can see using the baskets and trolleys could be a means of spreading the virus. Would have been nice if there was some alcohol disinfectant at the door coming in.

The disinfectant would be stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

I made the point earlier that the airlines were not helping with their refusal to refund any money.

An awful lot of people who recently travelled would likely not have done so if they could have cancelled and been refunded.

You can talk about personal responsibility, yes, but it's also tough decisions for people who have spent a lot of money on a holiday, saved up hard for it, and would lose everything they paid in addition to losing their holiday and annual leave.

There’s a big element of social responsibility needs to be imposed on some of those companies too. I find we treat the airline industry as a sacred cow, globally. Yes, there’ll be tough times for them and you can be damn sure they’ll be saved by bailouts anyway.

Tour operators sending thousand of passengers into a dangerous situation, causing mayhem for Spanish or other local health services and all sorts of other knock on effects.

It’s not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I was in Dundalk in 1975 buying a pair of shoes when a bomb went off killing two people about 100 yards from me.
    I was kicked by a horse in a very sore spot,nearly bored by a bull once but jumped the gate just in time.

When this blows over, I'm meeting you for a pint .

frenzy shopping of the last couple of days will surely increase the contagious, better wait until the stockpilers are done, it takes a few days before shopping gets back to normal. Seen in Wuhan and Italy already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

FitzShane wrote: »
    Who are the celebs from Clare?!! :o:pac:

Marty Morrissey

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

I was kicked by a horse in a very sore spot,nearly bored by a bull once but jumped the gate just in time.

You the man.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Terrible policy in UK. No surprise then.

• Advertisement

Worlds gone mad I’m a train driver and a lot of stations only wheelchair toilets are being left open as toilet roll kept getting stolen from them
    Expect a lot of off peak services to be cut next week

I wouldn't take the bog roll from the toilets at Colbert Station.

The old lad is a retired train driver. The day he finished was like any other day. He wouldn't have the same interest as the Leamy guy with his model train set.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

nthclare wrote: »
    I don't go to AA or any meetings im a lone wolf as I said some of us who were heavy drinkers dont frequent 12 step programs or believe in God

Not for me as I'm not into the narcissistic gaslighting route to recovery but it sounds like you know a lot more about AA than me.

Tuche

Let's hope Covid-19 gives your 'Lone Wolf' skill-set a hall pass.

(Ps. It’s ….Touché)

Sláinte ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

,nearly bored by a bull once

You out bored him, I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

nthclare wrote: »
    At least I admit my character defects and thanks for your input. Better to have a deflated ego rather an inflated one like yourself.

Dont worry I'm well away from the likes of people like yourself.
    Youre probably one of the the dick heads I was once upon a time.
    Hell yea were probably both dick heads.
    Better to be a dick head and safe rather than a dickhead in ignorance.

Is that what you think you have? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Terrible policy in UK. No surprise then.

Are you an expert now?

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Yep:)

Ah ok, cool. I guess the term could have been sent to Grimsby as well..lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Yes I am in Spain ... shops are near me, as is the beach .. won't even be able to go for a stroll down there now - pity as there isn't many people out and it's easy to be very isolated.

So you are not even allowed out to exercise during the lockdown?

It’s nowhere close to that, the virus I reckon was in Europe from maybe the end of December. There’s too much movement for it not to have been.Italys old population doomed it to a fairly undesirable faith. I wouldn’t use catastrophic given that it’s a natural death in sizable but not gigantic numbers

Closed cases Death rate = 7% as of today, trending positive

Unresolved cases can't be counted in until they have an outcome so let's stop trowing around the 3% legendary figure

Italy were the HSE system cant accommodate anymore people is seeing an even higher death rate

• Registered Users Posts: 40,056 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was kicked by a horse in a very sore spot,nearly gored by a bull once but jumped the gate just in time.

Ever think of buying a lotto ticket ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Will there be an announcement of confirmed cases today even if by press release if not a press conference ?

I assume the full press conference will go ahead with the media in attendance (it's an emergency situation after all).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement