Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Trump sticking it to Boris and his head in the sand approach, takes Ireland down as a result also, banning UK AND IRELAND travel to US.

No reliable source for this as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭hawkwing

ricero wrote: »
    Hearing we are due a big announcement tonight between 6 and 7pm.

Reckon we are heading into lockdown.
    yep, about 625 Gerry Murphy is to announce an area of high pressure is to take hold next week and we are finally going to get some respite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Omackeral wrote: »
    I’d be avoiding those types anyway regardless of the virus.

Yeah, yeah, we get it. You're not a fan of horse racing. Get over it FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

ricero wrote: »
    From a councillor

Gonna need more than that ....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,168 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump is doing to the UK AND IRELAND, what Uk and Ireland should have imposed themselves but didn't. To many people flying into Ireland from New York and US in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I thought we were already included in the travel ban? Any reports I read said all Europe excluding UK??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Urquell wrote: »
    Hearing from who?

The muffin man probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I thought we were already included in the travel ban? Any reports I read said all Europe excluding UK??

No Trump said Uk were doing a good job and not included :confused: Until now ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Got a WhatsApp there this morning from a sales agent I used to deal with in China, hadn't spoke in 2 years since my business closed to EU regulations, she was asking me what way the virus was here and I was saying at the moment it's just starting.

According to her China is getting back to normal but she advised me to take this seriously in regards to a lockdown and avoiding crowded places, some of them had to stay inside for 1-2 months and only went to the shop once a week, China was sending in help to Wuhan from other provinces aswell, she said the extra hospitals space was a big help too.

Should have took her up on her offer to send me over masks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

If schools close in the UK in the next couple of weeks they are talking that they would not be back until after the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Nope UK and Ireland were never included as not in schengen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

If they cancel Eurovision, then I’ll get angry!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Toffeeboy

Tiddles_1 wrote: »
    US travel Ban now includes Uk and Ireland - Sky News

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You'll be waiting for that source I think.

Yeah that's why I asked the question, i'm not actually interested in this poster's "source". People need to get a grip and stop spreading nonsense. It may come to pass of course but things are bad enough without this carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

Sky News : Reuters news agency reports the U.S. is due to extend Europe travel restrictions to the UK and Ireland from Monday night citing U.S and airline officials

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

obi604 wrote: »
    Probably some lad on Reddit.

Whom heard it from a guy on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Unbelievable news yesterday - they were looking at releasing prisoners (apparently in a "controlled" manner) due to COVID 19. Something about the rights of the prisoners.

Do we even do justice anymore in this country? What about the rights of the victims of the thugs who were sent to prison (and you need to do something pretty serious to be put away in this country).

Oh sure just release them out back into society. Something no other country is considering doing due to the virus by the way, not even the worst hit countries

This country is a joke sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Isn't that what Thursday was the start of though ? Ease us into it because we say mass panic in regards to food on Thursday and Friday.

I think it is fairly likely there will be further restrictions put in place. It would explain the Garda recruits been drafted in early. Soldiers have been told to report to barracks.
    I'm not for one minute suggesting martial law or do I think there will be any trouble. Maybe soldiers are for logistical back, transport etc. I don't envisage armed patrols on the street.

Toffeeboy wrote: »
    Link?

someone else posted it above also live now on SKY NEWS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Pubs and restaurants be a good starting point.

Retail needs to be on a phased plan.
    150-200K in hospitality sector, that's virtually doubling the unemployment rate overnight. And retail? Sure let's aim for 15% unemployment by the end of the summer! That'll use up all the €3bn.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Toffeeboy wrote: »
    Link?
    About 5 posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Trump is doing to the UK AND IRELAND, what Uk and Ireland should have imposed themselves but didn't. To many people flying into Ireland from New York and US in general.

Flights are likely still full from US for Patrick’s weekend! Between Italy, Cheltenham and US flights I think we’ve made very costly mistakes unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

......source?

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Whom heard it from a guy on boards

Whom read it on Facebook.

Trump doesn't look so good lads , hiding his face a bit with the baseball hat ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I think we do need a lockdown of sorts and soon. Just going by the people I know personally, I've been quite surprised by how lackadaisical, sometimes to the point of sheer fcuking stupidity some of them are and I genuinely wouldn't have thought them to be this reckless, or act so needlessly stupidly. A few have come out with "sure it's only a flu isn't it?". Another when I said something like "jaysus, how bloody thick would you have to be to hoard bogroll?" and saw by his reaction he was one of them(later confirmed). And these would be otherwise very well read, bright and clued in people. I suppose people are so very wedded to their routines and how we've always done things that they cling to them out of some sort of comfort with that sense of order. So when I see people like that who aren't morons, yeah I think we need the authorities to come in and do their thinking for them until this blows over.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

joe40 wrote: »
    I think it is fairly likely there will be further restrictions put in place. It would explain the Garda recruits been drafted in early. Soldiers have been told to report to barracks.
    I'm not for one minute suggesting martial law or do I think there will be any trouble. Maybe soldiers are for logistical back, transport etc.
    I don't envisage armed patrols on the street.

Not yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Death notices in Italian newspaper in bergamo compared to usual. Shocking stuff. Just a flu.

https://twitter.com/davcarretta/status/1238791068071661568?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,275 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Why "fcuk" thought ?

Are we supposed to be surprised ?

Are we supposed to be angry ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement