Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Toffeeboy wrote: »
    Link?

He’s on sky news as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 82,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tiddles_1 wrote: »
    Trump doesn't look so good lads , hiding his face a bit with the baseball hat ??

Sounds like he has a cold for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ricero wrote: »
    Hearing we are due a big announcement tonight between 6 and 7pm.

Reckon we are heading into lockdown.

That's usually the time of the latest figures and Dept of Health press conference.

Would make sense.

Perhaps it's just a surge in cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

joe40 wrote: »
    I think it is fairly likely there will be further restrictions put in place. It would explain the Garda recruits been drafted in early. Soldiers have been told to report to barracks.
    I'm not for one minute suggesting martial law or do I think there will be any trouble. Maybe soldiers are for logistical back, transport etc. I don't envisage armed patrols on the street.

Yeah I'm fully expecting if not a Spanish style one, but by this time next week I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is a tightening of restrictions. I could be wrong but if it were to happen it would hardly be a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Are you sure?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1238862911227006976

time for solidarity.

Trump: USA vs the World

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Trump doesn't look so good lads , hiding his face a bit with the baseball hat ??

Even his staff lined up behind him struggling to pretend they “get” his jokes..

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

If they cancel Eurovision, then I’ll get angry!

Ah hold on now, there is a limit to what we can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

I think Trump has it, hes not looking too good.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sounds off....even for him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

d51984 wrote: »
    Sky News : Reuters news agency reports the U.S. is due to extend Europe travel restrictions to the UK and Ireland from Monday night citing U.S and airline officials

Happy enough with this. In a couple of weeks the US will be the epicentre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Anyone think flights between London and Dublin will be halted anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Death notices in Italian newspaper in bergamo compared to usual. Shocking stuff. Just a flu.

https://twitter.com/davcarretta/status/1238791068071661568?s=20

Omg that is so sad

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

is_that_so wrote: »
    Are you sure?:eek:

listen to him definitely sounds congested

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭klose

Does anybody know what they do with the bodies of people who pass form this? Are they all cremated? I assume funerals are off in the likes of Spain and italy given the sheer amount who are dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

He looks like a teenager with that baseball cap on him

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's usually the time of the latest figures and Dept of Health press conference.

Would make sense.

Perhaps it's just a surge in cases?
    Poster claimed it came from a councillor. How would a councillor know any of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭storker

If they cancel Eurovision, then I’ll get angry!

Ooh, ooh...I've just thought of a post of the Positive Aspects of the Virus thread... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Got a WhatsApp there this morning from a sales agent I used to deal with in China, hadn't spoke in 2 years since my business closed to EU regulations, she was asking me what way the virus was here and I was saying at the moment it's just starting.

According to her China is getting back to normal but she advised me to take this seriously in regards to a lockdown and avoiding crowded places, some of them had to stay inside for 1-2 months and only went to the shop once a week, China was sending in help to Wuhan from other provinces aswell, she said the extra hospitals space was a big help too.

Should have took her up on her offer to send me over masks

China took the best approach and now it's fine. Italy will be fine too at the end of the lock down. Any other countries will be up for some surprises when the sick tool starts to rise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

The sooner you lockdown a country the better. The longer you leave it the greater the cv spread.

The UK have completely ballsed it up. By the time they bring in a lockdown, the horse will have bolted and the spread out of control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

klose wrote: »
    Does anybody know what they do with the bodies of people who pass form this? Are they all cremated? I assume funerals are off in the likes of Spain and italy given the sheer amount who are dying.

Funerals are off here if you die from it never mind Spain. Cremation or burial here straight away no funeral till a later date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

is_that_so wrote: »
    Our scenario is a set of 9 clusters. It hasn't gone geographically widespread like Italy or Spain. The argument to approach this in phased measures is still a solid one.
    It hasn't been disclosed whether they have detected it going "widespread" because the results we get are two to three days behind the actual figures.

They've also stopped disclosing the location of cases, so we can only speculate where the hell the worst-affected areas are. I honestly don't know how anyone can feel safe going outside with that level of information being witheld.
    Why is she worried about this weed?
    Her weed dealer works in the tourism sector, but she reckons it could be the last bag of weed she ever gets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,693 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

d51984 wrote: »
    I think Trump has it, hes not looking too good.

he's supposed to get tested cause of the Brazil meetings, but says he has no symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Why would he? He recently learned he had dinner with a Brazilian who has tested positive.

Glad handed Leo, who comes home and meets personally with North/South Intergovernmental Body.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

threeball wrote: »
    I'd bet theres 10's of thousands that have had it and not even known. Many people won't go looking for a test. Who wants men in plastic suits arriving at their door whilst the neighbours curtains twitch. Most will just take a uniflu or paracetamol and stay put. Its the serious cases that we're seeing numbers for.

I'd like to know if I had it instead of wondering if maybe the fluey thing I had was it or just a flu. Because if I knew I'd had it, (and my son had it) and the country was still struggling, I'd volunteer for some sort of assistive work in healthcare or socialcare. Even if was just childminding for healthcare workers or spending time with isolated elderly people.

He looks exhausted...He’s under a tremendous amount of pressure! Thankfully they’ve stopped flights to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

gmisk wrote: »
    Sounds off....even for him...

Less bombastic alright....more coherent than previous offerings about the virus....still spouting ****e,but no change there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ongarite

US Travel ban extended to UK and Ireland from Monday

thebaz wrote: »
    he's supposed to get tested cause of the Brazil meetings, but says he has no symptoms

He looks awful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Someone is clearly spiraling down into stupidity

Nah just showing their true colours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement